Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

SQ

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

26 - 50 of 124 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Christin S

Mar 19, 2019

Very comprehensive course covering important topics in the field of nanotechnology and nanofabrication. The course is well structured and well understandable combining videos about theory background and practical demonstrations and also tests your aquired knowledge on the go with multiple choice tests after each section.

By Mutawara M B

Nov 16, 2018

It is one of the best courses I have attend. All the Instructor have beautifully explain their respective topic in brief time. One of the best thing about this course is the inclusions of animations and demonstration videos which helps in understanding the core concept of specific topic.

By Jignasu P Y

Mar 22, 2019

Superb experience with great demonstrations, highly recomended.

By anjali l

Sep 10, 2018

Amazingly structured course. So happy to complete it :)

By DINESH R R

Oct 11, 2018

As I have to do my Postdoc in MEMS fabrication and Design. So this course give me the good knowledge form the expert of this field. Also the quality of teaching in the Coursera is far better than other online courses and also have the impact on industries working on MEMS fabrication.

By Antonio P C

Aug 20, 2018

Very useful introduction

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Dave T

Sep 23, 2018

It´s the best online technical course that I have learned!

By Afra S

Jan 21, 2018

very informative

By Muhammad S

Jun 03, 2018

best course i ever have online

By Rocco A R

May 15, 2018

Course really done very well, I really enjoyed studying.Very engaging and all the staff of the teachers are very prepared and good.I would very much like to do a course on XPS data analysis with data to analyze and then take the certificate.For the rest, keep up the boys, a mega greeting from Italy

By twinkle

Mar 21, 2018

A full-fledge course for nanotechnology makers.

By Vicente O

Oct 20, 2017

Great course, thanks so much!

By Farai M

Feb 20, 2018

A complex subject well simplified. Demonstrations are a killer as they help entrench critical points and ideas. Excellent work indeed.

By Reshetov I V

Apr 15, 2018

Great course with comprehensible material visualiation. Big advantage is demonstration of all discussed processes in real equipment

By JOHN Q

Dec 02, 2017

Excellent Course and nice adjust to the intro course on Nanotechnology also offered on the Coursera platform. Thanks so much, I enjoyed the concepts.

By MALLIKARJUNA K

Apr 25, 2018

It was very useful. I am glad that I have taken the course. Especially, demonstrations sessions gives very good idea about the procedures. Thank you

By RAJ D

Feb 04, 2018

great practical exposure

By Gnanasekaran k

Nov 15, 2017

very nice

By Akash P

Feb 04, 2018

Various kinds of characterisation techniques are taught very nicely. Various methods of fabrication are also taught nicely alongwith demonstrations. So very nice course.

By Naznin A

Jun 30, 2018

A good course materials to learn nanotechnology basics.

By Patrick L C

Apr 14, 2018

This was a very informative course on Nano technology. It had me wondering things like "could I create a giant platform of (LaB6) lanthanum hexaboride crystals to excite electrons on earth and build a space station of sorts as an anode to pull them into outer space. Could I transport things in the particle beam? Space is already a vacuum could I focus a massive particle beam in space through giant magnetic lenses and travel through it? Can Ununpentium be implanted into a substrate? Like ion implantation...."

By O J A

Mar 31, 2018

Nanotechnology was made so simple and understandable. This course has given me the hope of pursuing my dream of advanced education (M.Sc.) in Nanotechnology. Am grateful

By GMPC M

Dec 25, 2017

Excellent

By Suresh D

Mar 30, 2018

Excellent presentation of materials and useful lab demo