Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HC
Apr 4, 2021

It's a wonderful course for anybody looking to gain some good insights on Nanotechnology along with practical exposure. Nan Jokerst, you are an amazing teacher.\n\nWould highly recommend this course!

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

101 - 125 of 547 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Rakesh

Jun 20, 2020

It was excellent to see most of the lectures and the practical demonstrations being conducted by female staff and students. A strong message against the STEM stereotype that we all are familiar with. Excellent work.

By Sheik M

May 13, 2020

Thanks to Prof.Nan Jokerst, Dr. Carrie Donley and Dr. Jacob Jones for making us nanomakers by explaining with all practical demo experiments in a very simple and understandable manner. Thanks to RTNN and Coursera.

By Arghavan A

I learned a lot. I loved Na's passion for the subject and the way she teaches and I believe that this course will help me to prepare for a job in the semiconductor industry. I just wish the forum was more active.

By Suresh B

May 5, 2020

Hi

I am teaching foundations of Nano-Electronics for Final year B.Sc. Students.

This course has enriched my knowledge in the field of Nanotechnology.

Course content is really good.Thanks to Coursera and RTNN Labs.

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Piyush P J

The course is well organized with the proper demonstration of all Synthesis and characterization methods. Involvement of PhD faculty to Graduate students is very impacting.

Thank You for Organizing this course.

By Brendan U A

Jan 4, 2019

Thank you for making this course available online, I really do appreciate what you guys have done, this has really helped me a lot as such courses aren't available yet in my country, thank you all once again.

By Sabīne T

Jun 20, 2020

A very interesting and informative course about various techniques used for making/imaging nanosized structures. I learned a lot of useful information which I hope I can use in my future scientific works.

By venkataratnam k

Aug 8, 2020

It's an excellent course to learn methods used in the characterisation of nanomaterials in a practical way. My sincere thanks to all members of RTNN, NCSU who explained different concepts in the course.

By nayab a k

Feb 12, 2019

it is one the best course I have enrolled in. brief and comprehensive explanation of different techniques with demonstration. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn about nanotechnology.

By Van-rito U

Oct 30, 2017

Es una gran experiencia, en torno a sumergirse en el mundo de la Nanotecnología. Entrando a reconocer recursos tecnológicos, procesos y metodologías que permiten generar innovaciones, por estos tiempos.

By Dr. H T

Aug 11, 2020

Anyone who is willing to learn nanotechnology must go through this course once. Great work by the Professors and others who were involved in making such content. I bow down to them.

Dr. Hansnath Tiwari.

By Shirish B

Jul 14, 2020

Prof. Nan Jokerst is an outstanding faculty. She made this course interesting and outstanding among all other faculties.

Thank You so Much Prof. Nan Jokerst Making Nanotechnology Interesting course.

By Harshit C

Apr 5, 2021

Would highly recommend this course!

By Bhargava J

Jan 19, 2021

As micro and nanotechnology student, I understand each and every videos. The information given here is highly understanding, precise, experimental overview all up to the mark. Highly recommended

By Carlos E N C

Jul 15, 2020

Great course! it gives you the basics of nanocharacterization and thin film fabrication techniques. I would have liked the course focuses not only on thin films but also on other nanosystems

By Shreya J

Jun 11, 2020

Extremely dedicated teachers!

High levels of engagement, clear explanations and high quality teaching!!

All demonstrations are well demonstrated and explained.

Truly helped a beginner like me.

By Ирина С

May 6, 2020

I recommend this fantastic course to everyone who is interested in nanoworld, especially to beginners, because it allows to comprehend basic processes within a short period of time. Thanks!

By Iftikhar A

Mar 7, 2020

I am very glad and much satisfied to complete this course. Actullay at this time i am not able to purchase cetificate due to financail issues but i am glad to learn much from this course.

By Dhwanil V

Aug 2, 2020

it was highly insightful course to learn things about nano fabrication as it provided useful demonstration of all the equipment used for film deposition, patterning and etching on wafers.

By AbdelRahman B

Jul 17, 2020

Provides a really good insight into the realm of nanotechnology. Moreover, it does not need a solid background in engineering; the high school science classes will most probably suffice.

By Sumant K Y

Jun 14, 2020

Very helpful as it helped me to get to the insight of world of Nano-technology. Personally liked to thank all the mentors who explained this course in a simple and well organised manner.

By ABHISHEK T

Jun 3, 2020

This is the best demonstration of the area of Nanotechnology. By this course, i am able to understand the core knowledge of this subject. Teachers were so enthusiastic in each lectures.

By Ramy M M M

Apr 17, 2020

Thanks Coursera and all respected professors. it was a Perfect Course , i am so happy to learn Nanotechnology through this course and from all respected Professors. Thank you very much

By Shreeya G

Jul 30, 2020

The content of this course was very well presented. All the demonstration videos made understanding the content easier. Had an amazing experience while learning the course materials.