Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

SQ

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

101 - 125 of 126 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Jeongrae K

May 23, 2019

I have already ask my friends to take this course.

Fast, Simple, Well-Organized, Great explanation

Thank you for the course.

By Anam m

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It is a great platform where you can easily approach new technology. i really appreciate your efforts.

By Mohammed Z

Sep 10, 2019

Very helpful. The instructors and demonstrators were very straight to the point which made the course very interesting.

By Sarmad A Q

Sep 18, 2019

By KUMARAKALVA K R

Sep 27, 2019

Nice experience and good teaching. And I have learned a lot

By Yurshanva K

Sep 05, 2019

A unique course, especially they show the demonstration of how to use sophisticated equipments such as SEM, TEM and many more. Worth taking this course. Also, they allows you to register for a workshop or apply in their kickstarter program or if you have excellent nano work, then you could approach them for collaboration.

By Vishwaknath R P

Sep 05, 2019

THIS COURSE HELPED ME IN GAINING NEW THINGS IN FIELD OF NANOSCIENCE

By Ana L G H

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks, I learnt a lot, the quality of the videos was great and the information was taught in a very didactic way.

By Ahmed S

Nov 07, 2018

An amazing course which gives both of the practical and theoretical parts of whatever equipment explained and gives the needed information for the usage without filling unnecessary deep concepts.

By Sudheer

Oct 12, 2018

i need certificate

By Pooja G

Oct 16, 2018

This course offers an overview of the main nanocharacterization and nanofabication techniques. I would definitely recommend it as an introductory course to anyone curious about a career in nanotechnology.

The weekly quizzes help retain relevant information although I found some questions to be superficial while others focus on information that's not adequately highlighted in the video lectures.

Though the professors themselves are enthusiastic about the course content, the PhD students that aid them along the way could show more liveliness -- often they talk too softly, don't enunciate words clearly, seem down right angry at the teleprompter.

By P S B

Sep 19, 2018

The course is well structured and organised. The questions can be a bit more technical and thought provoking.

By Jay G

Mar 08, 2018

This Course is really useful if you want to work on characterization of material. This course give brief information of every characterization technique as well as basic information of lithography also.

By Syed M B F

Mar 23, 2018

I am still confused about RTNN thing, I mean, if I am abroad how can I get access (hands on - in fact) to equipment? Otherwise the course is good with less lecture hours. Great to learn more in less time.

By CHAN W F P

Apr 04, 2018

good presentation

By Stephen G

Jun 18, 2018

The basic knowledge presented is a great starting point but often not much detail is provided. I would have enjoyed a more rigorous course regarding many of the topics. Once again, it was a good introduction though.

By Kamal R

Apr 20, 2018

The course briefly describes the different processes involved in the Fabrication of Devices.

More detailed lectures would have been appreciated.

By Zhikai H

Mar 11, 2018

I like the speaker very much, I hope I can be a scientist like her.

By MAKS S

Aug 17, 2018

Looks like a general review, not so useful

By Rajaguru

Mar 28, 2019

The seminar taught by the staffs are goods but the subject is very complicated.Changing in syllabus is more better.

By Udit N B

Jul 02, 2019

Good course for information about Nano Tech

By Gonzalo Z

Aug 01, 2019

Very general overview of nanotechnology fabrication concepts

By Abdesselam S

Oct 15, 2019

I enjoyed the course, it was an immersive dive into the world of nanotechnology and nano-characterization.

By Subhajit D