Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

M

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

101 - 125 of 498 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By nayab a k

Feb 12, 2019

it is one the best course I have enrolled in. brief and comprehensive explanation of different techniques with demonstration. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn about nanotechnology.

By Ivan H T V

Oct 30, 2017

Es una gran experiencia, en torno a sumergirse en el mundo de la Nanotecnología. Entrando a reconocer recursos tecnológicos, procesos y metodologías que permiten generar innovaciones, por estos tiempos.

By Dr. H T

Aug 11, 2020

Anyone who is willing to learn nanotechnology must go through this course once. Great work by the Professors and others who were involved in making such content. I bow down to them.

Dr. Hansnath Tiwari.

By Shirish B

Jul 14, 2020

Prof. Nan Jokerst is an outstanding faculty. She made this course interesting and outstanding among all other faculties.

Thank You so Much Prof. Nan Jokerst Making Nanotechnology Interesting course.

By Bhargava J

Jan 19, 2021

As micro and nanotechnology student, I understand each and every videos. The information given here is highly understanding, precise, experimental overview all up to the mark. Highly recommended

By Md. S I

By Carlos E N C

Jul 15, 2020

Great course! it gives you the basics of nanocharacterization and thin film fabrication techniques. I would have liked the course focuses not only on thin films but also on other nanosystems

By Shreya J

Jun 11, 2020

Extremely dedicated teachers!

High levels of engagement, clear explanations and high quality teaching!!

All demonstrations are well demonstrated and explained.

Truly helped a beginner like me.

By Ирина С

May 6, 2020

I recommend this fantastic course to everyone who is interested in nanoworld, especially to beginners, because it allows to comprehend basic processes within a short period of time. Thanks!

By Iftikhar A

Mar 7, 2020

I am very glad and much satisfied to complete this course. Actullay at this time i am not able to purchase cetificate due to financail issues but i am glad to learn much from this course.

By Dhwanil V

Aug 2, 2020

it was highly insightful course to learn things about nano fabrication as it provided useful demonstration of all the equipment used for film deposition, patterning and etching on wafers.

By AbdelRahman B

Jul 17, 2020

Provides a really good insight into the realm of nanotechnology. Moreover, it does not need a solid background in engineering; the high school science classes will most probably suffice.

By Sumant K Y

Jun 14, 2020

Very helpful as it helped me to get to the insight of world of Nano-technology. Personally liked to thank all the mentors who explained this course in a simple and well organised manner.

By ABHISHEK T

Jun 3, 2020

This is the best demonstration of the area of Nanotechnology. By this course, i am able to understand the core knowledge of this subject. Teachers were so enthusiastic in each lectures.

By Ramy M M M

Apr 17, 2020

Thanks Coursera and all respected professors. it was a Perfect Course , i am so happy to learn Nanotechnology through this course and from all respected Professors. Thank you very much

By Shreeya G

Jul 30, 2020

The content of this course was very well presented. All the demonstration videos made understanding the content easier. Had an amazing experience while learning the course materials.

By Dr.Bharat A M

Jul 17, 2020

It is very useful to beginners who want to do study in nano science and nanotechnology.i feel very much pleasure after joining this course.

thanking you for offering me this course.

By Anish T

Jun 17, 2020

Very interesting course with laboratory demonstrations. This is a nanotechnology course that every science graduates should take to familiarize with these interesting topics.

By Ayesha R

Sep 26, 2020

Very knowledgeable course. The instructors and demonstrators are very helpful. I got to know so much more about various imaging techniques like SEM, TEM ALD, Etching etc.

By SANAPALA A

Jul 8, 2020

This course helped me a lot with instrumentation I was curious about and the instructors dedication to deliver them in a gripping way is to appreciated.Thank you everyone

By Sivaraman V

Jun 29, 2020

wet and dry etching was hard to learn. Some of the assignment questions like advantages and disadvantages were not fully covered or taught.

Otherwise an excellent course

By Lohitha l

very helpful and useful to gain knowledge and to learn many things But kindly add the duration time of our course completion and mention the percentage we got. Thank you

By O J A

Mar 31, 2018

Nanotechnology was made so simple and understandable. This course has given me the hope of pursuing my dream of advanced education (M.Sc.) in Nanotechnology. Am grateful

By Akash P

Feb 4, 2018

Various kinds of characterisation techniques are taught very nicely. Various methods of fabrication are also taught nicely alongwith demonstrations. So very nice course.

By Vishal M

Jun 23, 2020

The Nanotechnology: A Maker's Course is really amazing ..! It has taught concepts in a way much effective and simply to understand . Thankyou for upgrading my knowledge