Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

HC
Apr 4, 2021

It's a wonderful course for anybody looking to gain some good insights on Nanotechnology along with practical exposure. Nan Jokerst, you are an amazing teacher.\n\nWould highly recommend this course!

126 - 150 of 526 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Ayesha R

Sep 26, 2020

Very knowledgeable course. The instructors and demonstrators are very helpful. I got to know so much more about various imaging techniques like SEM, TEM ALD, Etching etc.

By SANAPALA A

Jul 8, 2020

This course helped me a lot with instrumentation I was curious about and the instructors dedication to deliver them in a gripping way is to appreciated.Thank you everyone

By Sivaraman V

Jun 29, 2020

wet and dry etching was hard to learn. Some of the assignment questions like advantages and disadvantages were not fully covered or taught.

Otherwise an excellent course

By Lohitha l

very helpful and useful to gain knowledge and to learn many things But kindly add the duration time of our course completion and mention the percentage we got. Thank you

By O J A

Mar 31, 2018

Nanotechnology was made so simple and understandable. This course has given me the hope of pursuing my dream of advanced education (M.Sc.) in Nanotechnology. Am grateful

By Akash P

Feb 4, 2018

Various kinds of characterisation techniques are taught very nicely. Various methods of fabrication are also taught nicely alongwith demonstrations. So very nice course.

By Vishal M

Jun 23, 2020

The Nanotechnology: A Maker's Course is really amazing ..! It has taught concepts in a way much effective and simply to understand . Thankyou for upgrading my knowledge

By shazaib k

Jan 27, 2019

I am PhD Scholar and my area of research is Quantum dots sensitized solar cell in FCCU Pakistan. This course is really helpful for the research students...best wishes

By basimmb

Its an awesome course for biginners to enter into the world of nanotechnology.The last module can be explained much more elaborately .Apart from that everything nice

By Muntasir M

May 2, 2020

I have learned and watched the demonstration of the different equipment I used to read. It helped me to understand the processes utilized in nanotechnology better.

By prashant b

Oct 11, 2020

It was wonderful, I learned a lot of basics from scratch, I got a somehow rough idea regarding nanofabrication. I hope this course will help me with the research.

By Venkatesh P

Apr 29, 2020

The course was excellent with good explanations of needed concepts with demonstration!!! Thank you for the team for coming up with this extensive planned course!!

By Saurabh P

Jul 13, 2020

Very well structured course. It was interesting to see the state of the art laboratories and instruments in action. Thanks to all the instructors of this course.

By Aditya S

Jun 19, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.

By Amr W A R S

Aug 13, 2020

The best characterization and fabrication course you could ever take. I strongly recommend it to anyone thinking about pursuing a career or studies in nanotech.

By Amr M E

Jul 23, 2020

Thanks, for your efforts....I am very satisfied by what I have learned, this course is very helpful...

I would like to thank Coursera and all the instructors...

By PRAKASH Y

Apr 20, 2020

This course is very useful for the learner, everything describes very well with a lab demonstration video. Thanks to RTNN, to provide the cream of the lecture.

By Paola K T R

Aug 7, 2020

Excellent learning methodology, great teachers that explain step by step and in detail, allowing the student to enter the world of nanotechnology intimately.

By Devika R N

Jul 23, 2020

The course is excellent for a beginner in the field of Nanotechnology; provides a deep insight into the fundamentals, both theoretical as well as practical.

By ROHIT K

Jul 6, 2020

This course was extremely useful and so easily understood because of teachers. is am extremely thankful to the content writer of course and to this website.

By Doaa G

Jan 9, 2021

Very usefule course ,covers the methods of charcterization and preparation of nano, with simple and deep explanations to the basics science of each method

By R V

Jul 5, 2020

Very good and informative videos. The demonstrations made the topic easy to understand. More methods and techniques should be included in future videos

By Martín G D

Oct 21, 2020

Excellent course. It provides the basic concepts and tools to understand the most commonly used characterization techniques for Nano-materials research

By V.V. K

Jun 18, 2020

I love all the experts for their explaination. I really found this course unique and helpful for you research work. Best wishes to you all.thank you.

😃

By MONIS B A

Nov 14, 2019

Its a big opportunity to learn about Nanotechnology. I appreciate all the respected teachers for their brilliant work. Lots of respect and love for all