Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

SQ

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

1 - 25 of 124 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Kh S A

Apr 07, 2019

It helped me a lot giving brief description of nanocharacterization and nanofabrication processes. It will definitely help me in further study and researches on nanotechnology.

By GAN K C

Feb 14, 2019

Very informative, the structure of lectures were well-organised and nicely done. Fantastically, I was able to learn and gain so much from this course. Really appreciated :-)

By Israt J

Dec 23, 2018

excellent course

By Hossein B D

Jan 02, 2019

This course was one of the best courses that I had ever. It was absolutely informative which has been well designed. I learned a lot within this course. I highly recommend this module for any student who is learning nano-technology. Thank you for the course!

By shazaib k

Jan 27, 2019

I am PhD Scholar and my area of research is Quantum dots sensitized solar cell in FCCU Pakistan. This course is really helpful for the research students...best wishes

By Giacomo M

Jan 26, 2019

Excellent course! I liked a lot the practical demonstrations!

By Brendan U A

Jan 04, 2019

Thank you for making this course available online, I really do appreciate what you guys have done, this has really helped me a lot as such courses aren't available yet in my country, thank you all once again.

By Ricardo B G

Feb 07, 2019

Awesome!

By HAMZA M

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for giving opportunity to students to enhance their skills regarding their field.

By Masood

Nov 20, 2018

Excellent course . I recommend this course to all those who wants to start a career in Nano technology.

By PHEBA C

Nov 23, 2018

Its excellent, gives an idea how procedures are done in a nanofabrication lab

By Md D M

Nov 10, 2018

Excellent course. Simply love it

By Mathilde L

Nov 27, 2018

Very good course for the basis on nano making !

By Shubhi S

Nov 14, 2018

Excellent Course! :)

By Sammer M

Nov 14, 2018

By Hamza I

Jan 22, 2019

a very helpful course, i have just a note can you please do some real experiences with result analysis. thanks in advance

By Ramy H E

Jan 24, 2019

I finished it in 6 days . It,s a great opportunity for me to see different nanofabrication procedures done in the labs such as ALD,CVD,PECVD ,SPUTTERING ,LITHOGRAPHY and ELECTRON BEAM LITHOGRAPHY . so i have knowledge if i get opportunity someday to be in nanofab lab . i hope that many courses to be added to this course FINfets , flash memory cells , 3D NAND cells

By nayab a k

Feb 12, 2019

it is one the best course I have enrolled in. brief and comprehensive explanation of different techniques with demonstration. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn about nanotechnology.

By Salil S N

Feb 17, 2019

Enjoyed and learned a lot, lectures and demonstrations in the same course helped me understand the processes with ease. Thanks to the Professors, Laboratory Managers and Students for their sincere effort to make this course a grand success.

Looking forward to utilize some of the RTNN facilities for my PhD research work, thus enriching my knowledge and getting valuable teachings from eminent and expert individuals.

Thanks a lot. God bless

By Ananda T S

Feb 19, 2019

awesome work!

By Najam u H S

Feb 24, 2019

A very nice course. It made the understanding concepts and practical tools very simple.

By Samuel M

Feb 28, 2019

Amazing Course..Being an electronics student graduate i got to learn in real time most things studied in theory...Thank You Duke university

By Abhishek R

Mar 05, 2019

Topics covered and concepts were precise, to the point and well explained. Both practical and theoretical aspects were taught which is very rare to receive in an online course.

By Mohammed R C