Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HC
Apr 4, 2021

It's a wonderful course for anybody looking to gain some good insights on Nanotechnology along with practical exposure. Nan Jokerst, you are an amazing teacher.\n\nWould highly recommend this course!

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

76 - 100 of 596 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By THEJUS M

Jul 3, 2021

It's really a fantastic course because they are providing videos of practical experimentation in addition to theories. Insights of how things are being done inside the lab adds value to this course. This is one of the best course for all the people who are into nanotechnology.

By Arindam K

Jun 24, 2021

A​ well-packaged and concise course involving all the necessary information required to pursue a successful career in the field of Nanotechnology, either academia or industry! Thank you instructors and Coursera for this course. Looking forward to more such courses. Cheers....

By Roopa V

Jul 4, 2021

Concise and precise information is given in the form of short videos. Very crisp lectures. Especially Prof Nan Jokerst is excellent. The videos showing the demonstration of sample preparation and analysis methods almost makes us feel like we are present in the lab with them.

By Dr. D K S

Jun 18, 2020

Very nice course content and explained each content in easiest way. This course has enhanced my knowledge in the filed of Nanotechnology. I like to say thanks to all who have delivered and demon stared the content of this course.

Again thanks to all team for such nice course.

By Sameed K

Jan 19, 2021

Best course so far for every engineer who wants to learn about the characterization technique and nanotechnology both. This will help to boost the knowledge versatile. A 5 star course. Whole credit goes to the RTNN network to give us this platform of this beautiful course.

By LEE L Y

May 22, 2020

The course was very interesting and helpful in building my basic knowledge on Nanotechnology as well as the laboratory skills from the demonstration videos. The lecturers were all very engaging and provided organised and sufficient information required for the course.

By Pratik B

Jun 6, 2019

I have worked on fabrication and characterization of nano and micro materials before. With little background of it I was able to grasp maximum to dos and not to dos very well. Learning about new instruments and indepth if techniques used in fabrication is very useful.

By Tng S H E

Jun 30, 2020

I love the clear explanation by the Professors, especially Nan Jokerst and Carrie Donley. Although the student helpers could appear to be reading from the screen throughout their video segments, I enjoyed the course thoroughly! Thank you for putting this together :)

By Alaaeldin H M

Aug 5, 2020

It is a very useful course, for beginners, and as a refresher for practicing professionals, I enjoyed it thoroughly . It will help me to refocus in my next research project, also I will use some of the principles to promote Nano technology for young professionals

By Vignesh V

Aug 15, 2020

This course was really helpful in enhancing my knowledge in the field of nanotechnology. The faculties were very clear and precise with their explanations on the subject. I hope they continue the good work for the future candidates who wish to pursue this course.

By Faten t

Dec 11, 2019

Before this course,I had no idea about the nanotechnology and how it is important our life..I could say that now I have a basic foundation in this field and it was a nice experience to learn online and improve my listening skill as well...so thank you so much

By Hossein B D

Jan 2, 2019

This course was one of the best courses that I had ever. It was absolutely informative which has been well designed. I learned a lot within this course. I highly recommend this module for any student who is learning nano-technology. Thank you for the course!

By Tinashe C M

Jan 28, 2021

The course is quite comprehensive. I learnt how nanomaterials are made. The exciting part would be to now experiment with the wide range of materials that are available and discover the unique properties that are exhibited by the nanofabricated materials.

By SYED S F 1

Sep 16, 2021

A very well designed and informative course that gives u a feeling of erudition when you complete each week's tasks would highly recommend students who want an indepth and detailed understanding of nanotechnology as a whole to definitely take this course

By ATUL D

NICE EXPERIENCE. I HAVE LEARNED MANY NEW TECHNIQUES FROM THIS COURSE. THIS WILL ALSO HELP ME FURTHER FOR GETTING A GOOD JOB. I APPLIED FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR THIS COURSE AS I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY FEES, I AM REQUESTING YOU TO PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THE SAME.

By Nut b

Jul 8, 2020

Very informative. I've always been interested in semiconductor chip fabrication and this was a great course to learn about its details. Would definitely be more interested in courses like this and VLSI courses (analog design etc) as well. Thanks a lot!

By Leandro C F

Apr 12, 2020

Achei muito interessante, pois realizei meu mestrado na caracterização de filmes magnéticos por RFM sem participar do processo de fabricação. Infelizmente é uma situação que ocorreu devido a vários fatores, mas o curso tem sanado minhas dúvidas, grato.

By Maleesha K

Feb 8, 2021

one of the best courses I ever had at Coursera. The lecturers never made the learning boring and every minute was so interesting and also they are really good at teaching. Highly recommended to anyone who is absolutely willing to learn Nanotechnology.

By Jorge S C D

Mar 25, 2019

This course cover many fields in nanotechnology, it is adequate to introduce in this big fields and all the things that peaple are doing nowadays. Also, I found interesting the disposition of the University to external people can use their facilities

By Dr. V M

Great course to actually see the instruments used in nano synthesis ,fabrication and characterization,understand the underlying principles and knowing the dos and don'ts of different techniques. loved the course. assignments can be more challenging.

By Prathamesh P

Aug 26, 2020

This course has been one of the best courses I have ever done online. This course details everything you need to learn about nanotechnology and all the experimental and practical aspects of it. I am eagerly waiting for more such courses from RTNN

By Muhammad A T

Jun 26, 2020

The course is designed really well. A lot of useful knowledge is delivered in very short and precise videos. And lab demonstrations added to the fun of watching the concepts in action. Thanks, RTNN for this wonderful course and financial AID.

By Bhaskar B

Nov 16, 2020

Great Teacher's, perfectly explained to depth of Nano Technology. Highly Informative during the demonstration process. Thank you all for sharing knowledge and Grants. I have learned a lot new things from you all and I must say THANK YOU ALL.

By Y. S S S

Jan 2, 2018

I thank my Instructors very much, as they have created the best content, and have shown each demonstration, of every equipment and the concepts taught. This course helped me very much in increasing knowledge in my disciple, Nanotechnology

By adwaita

Mar 8, 2018

One of the best course for the one's who have just kept their foots in their field. All the elaborations and study material are properly set according to the understanding of viewers... thank you for this journey through nanoscience...