Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

SQ

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

76 - 100 of 138 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Avani P M

Jan 05, 2018

It is in simple language to understand for beginners....and is very important and useful too... specially demonstration makes this more interesting...

By Sunil S

Jun 24, 2018

This is one of the basic course on the Nanotechnology and Nano-science for beginner and any student who want to learn about the basic of Nano-science and Nanotechnology ; instrumentation, techniques and methodology and the application and scope of this filled. The teaching methodology and the incorporation of animation and demonstration video on all related techniques helps me to visualize, how things works (The working principle). This is an most simple and interactive course on Nanotechnology.

By Kamini R

Feb 04, 2018

It was a wonderful course , very informative and detailed with real time demonstrations which help give a clear understanding of the subject.

By Edgar C L

Mar 28, 2018

Basically, the course is well-organized. As a graduate student from the Philippines, I was able to gain understanding on the basic's of the nanotechnology tools and fabrication techniques that are helpful in the conduct of my thesis. I will be using SEM and TEM to characterize my nanotubes and chemical wet etching in the cleaning of my samples prior to fabrication of nanotubes. I would grow my nanotubes electrochemically. Hence, I also suggest that perhaps in the future, you can incorporate electrochemical techniques of nanofabrication such as electrodeposition, electrospinning, and electrochemical etching.

By Kenneth R

May 07, 2018

Well tutored, very good visuals and relevant demonstrations. Definitely worth the investment.

By Ricardo P

Jan 27, 2018

Very well teached, clear, focused and with the practical examples which help the understanding.

By Kushagra N

Mar 01, 2018

I want to thank the organizers and the Coursera community for making this course available world wide. Nanotechnology is an amazing field with lots of new stuff to learn about. Coursera and the RTNN has helped me throughout the course to gain insight into this field to a great extent.

It would have been difficult for me to gain such knowledge in a region where I reside because of the lack of resources. I am truly thankful to all the instructors / Presenters for guiding me throughout.

Regards.

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Antonio P C

Aug 20, 2018

Very useful introduction

By Luis F

May 02, 2019

Un curso bastante completo donde aprendes paso a paso cada procedimiento y muy bien explicado.

By Ahmed A

Apr 23, 2019

the best course for nanostudents

By Pavithra V

May 25, 2019

This course has exposed me to the various methods by which nanomaterials can be fabricated. The lectures were very intriguing and the topics were explained very clearly.

Looking forward to doing more courses like this!

By onteru N

May 22, 2019

Thank you for your nice and clear classes and topic covered.

By Aditya S

Jun 20, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.

By Harsh G

Jun 23, 2019

Very useful and informative course.

By 李世國

Jul 17, 2019

學完之後對wafer有基本的認識,受益良多

By Sheikh A M

Jul 22, 2019

Very useful and well structured!

By Rohan S

Jul 24, 2019

Very thorough and organized! Gave me insight about a number of fabrication and characterization processes!

By Bharathi R

Aug 03, 2019

I find it very useful. It is a great course that gave me an idea and insights on a lot of things I do. Thanks to all the people who put in effort to take notes, classes, assignments. Especially the demonstrations were great and useful. Thanks to everyone. Keep it going. Thank you!

By Robert S

Aug 07, 2019

Course was engaging, succinct and well structured.

By Jeongrae K

May 23, 2019

I have already ask my friends to take this course.

Fast, Simple, Well-Organized, Great explanation

Thank you for the course.

By Pratik B

Jun 06, 2019

I have worked on fabrication and characterization of nano and micro materials before. With little background of it I was able to grasp maximum to dos and not to dos very well. Learning about new instruments and indepth if techniques used in fabrication is very useful.

By Zykov V

Jun 06, 2019

This course is great! Thanks a lot!

By Anam m

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It is a great platform where you can easily approach new technology. i really appreciate your efforts.

By DEEPALI