Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

MS

Dec 02, 2019

This course was very helpful to understand the basic fabrication techniques for making micro and nanodevices. I can confidently use equipment in my laboratory after doing this course. Thank you

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

126 - 148 of 148 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Salil S N

Feb 17, 2019

Enjoyed and learned a lot, lectures and demonstrations in the same course helped me understand the processes with ease. Thanks to the Professors, Laboratory Managers and Students for their sincere effort to make this course a grand success.

Looking forward to utilize some of the RTNN facilities for my PhD research work, thus enriching my knowledge and getting valuable teachings from eminent and expert individuals.

Thanks a lot. God bless

By Abhijeet B

Nov 01, 2018

The course is well structured and takes you through the chapters in a seamless manner where each consecutive lesson makes sense. Additionally, it opened my eyes to a lot of physical characterization techniques, and their importance can be gauged by the glut of online research articles that depend on such characterization. I'm grateful to the course administrator, Duke University, UNC, NC State and Coursera for the approval of my financial aid, which enabled a Graduate Student like me to gain access to the best of resources when it comes to micro and nanofabrication. For any student interested in physical characterization, nanofabrication, advanced devices and microsystems, please take this course. You will not regret it.

By Ahmed S

Nov 07, 2018

An amazing course which gives both of the practical and theoretical parts of whatever equipment explained and gives the needed information for the usage without filling unnecessary deep concepts.

By Sudheer

Oct 12, 2018

i need certificate

By Pooja G

Oct 16, 2018

This course offers an overview of the main nanocharacterization and nanofabication techniques. I would definitely recommend it as an introductory course to anyone curious about a career in nanotechnology.

The weekly quizzes help retain relevant information although I found some questions to be superficial while others focus on information that's not adequately highlighted in the video lectures.

Though the professors themselves are enthusiastic about the course content, the PhD students that aid them along the way could show more liveliness -- often they talk too softly, don't enunciate words clearly, seem down right angry at the teleprompter.

By P S B

Sep 19, 2018

The course is well structured and organised. The questions can be a bit more technical and thought provoking.

By Jay G

Mar 08, 2018

This Course is really useful if you want to work on characterization of material. This course give brief information of every characterization technique as well as basic information of lithography also.

By Syed M B F

Mar 23, 2018

I am still confused about RTNN thing, I mean, if I am abroad how can I get access (hands on - in fact) to equipment? Otherwise the course is good with less lecture hours. Great to learn more in less time.

By CHAN W F P

Apr 04, 2018

good presentation

By Stephen G

Jun 18, 2018

The basic knowledge presented is a great starting point but often not much detail is provided. I would have enjoyed a more rigorous course regarding many of the topics. Once again, it was a good introduction though.

By Kamal R

Apr 20, 2018

The course briefly describes the different processes involved in the Fabrication of Devices.

More detailed lectures would have been appreciated.

By Zhikai H

Mar 11, 2018

I like the speaker very much, I hope I can be a scientist like her.

By Rajaguru

Mar 28, 2019

The seminar taught by the staffs are goods but the subject is very complicated.Changing in syllabus is more better.

By Udit N B

Jul 02, 2019

Good course for information about Nano Tech

By Gonzalo Z

Aug 01, 2019

Very general overview of nanotechnology fabrication concepts

By Anil K

Oct 28, 2019

I was really searching for such course to understand the fabrication process. I am glad to complete this course withing 3 days with utmost interest .

By Abdesselam S

Oct 15, 2019

I enjoyed the course, it was an immersive dive into the world of nanotechnology and nano-characterization.

By MAKS S

Aug 17, 2018

Looks like a general review, not so useful

By LAKSHMIPRASAD M

Nov 18, 2019

Good self - paced course. Starting with the very basics, the course takes us in - depth. Some completely alien topics may take 3 - 4 time repetition of videos for better understanding. Other than that, course is interesting with good practical demos simultaneously. Feels great to see the state of art facilities involved in fabrication of devices at such small scale. Thank you.

By Javeed S

Nov 02, 2019

some mistake questions in quizes rest is good

By Subhajit D