Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

HC
Apr 4, 2021

It's a wonderful course for anybody looking to gain some good insights on Nanotechnology along with practical exposure. Nan Jokerst, you are an amazing teacher.\n\nWould highly recommend this course!

151 - 175 of 601 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Muntasir M

May 2, 2020

I have learned and watched the demonstration of the different equipment I used to read. It helped me to understand the processes utilized in nanotechnology better.

By prashant b

Oct 11, 2020

It was wonderful, I learned a lot of basics from scratch, I got a somehow rough idea regarding nanofabrication. I hope this course will help me with the research.

By Venkatesh P

Apr 29, 2020

The course was excellent with good explanations of needed concepts with demonstration!!! Thank you for the team for coming up with this extensive planned course!!

By Saurabh P

Jul 13, 2020

Very well structured course. It was interesting to see the state of the art laboratories and instruments in action. Thanks to all the instructors of this course.

By Aditya S

Jun 19, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.

By Amr W A R S

Aug 13, 2020

The best characterization and fabrication course you could ever take. I strongly recommend it to anyone thinking about pursuing a career or studies in nanotech.

By Amr E

Jul 23, 2020

Thanks, for your efforts....I am very satisfied by what I have learned, this course is very helpful...

I would like to thank Coursera and all the instructors...

By PRAKASH Y

Apr 20, 2020

This course is very useful for the learner, everything describes very well with a lab demonstration video. Thanks to RTNN, to provide the cream of the lecture.

By Paola K T R

Aug 7, 2020

Excellent learning methodology, great teachers that explain step by step and in detail, allowing the student to enter the world of nanotechnology intimately.

By Devika R N

Jul 23, 2020

The course is excellent for a beginner in the field of Nanotechnology; provides a deep insight into the fundamentals, both theoretical as well as practical.

By ROHIT K

Jul 6, 2020

This course was extremely useful and so easily understood because of teachers. is am extremely thankful to the content writer of course and to this website.

By Doaa G

Jan 9, 2021

Very usefule course ,covers the methods of charcterization and preparation of nano, with simple and deep explanations to the basics science of each method

By R V

Jul 5, 2020

Very good and informative videos. The demonstrations made the topic easy to understand. More methods and techniques should be included in future videos

By Martín G D

Oct 21, 2020

Excellent course. It provides the basic concepts and tools to understand the most commonly used characterization techniques for Nano-materials research

By Varsha V K

Jun 18, 2020

I love all the experts for their explaination. I really found this course unique and helpful for you research work. Best wishes to you all.thank you.

😃

By MONIS B A

Nov 14, 2019

Its a big opportunity to learn about Nanotechnology. I appreciate all the respected teachers for their brilliant work. Lots of respect and love for all

By Edilson G d L

Jan 5, 2018

I recommend this course to everyone who has an interest in the subject nanotechnology. You will learn theory and practice in a very didactic easy way.

By Avani P M

Jan 5, 2018

It is in simple language to understand for beginners....and is very important and useful too... specially demonstration makes this more interesting...

By JOHN Q

Dec 2, 2017

Excellent Course and nice adjust to the intro course on Nanotechnology also offered on the Coursera platform. Thanks so much, I enjoyed the concepts.

By MALLIKARJUNA K

Apr 24, 2018

It was very useful. I am glad that I have taken the course. Especially, demonstrations sessions gives very good idea about the procedures. Thank you

By MD M H

Dec 29, 2020

Well organized, educators are highly efficient. This course made me mad to learn more on nanotechnology. All credits go to coursemaker. Thank you.

By Ralph L R B

Wonderful comprehensive introduction to Nanotechnology theory and practice! Great applied examples of current use in industry. Highly recommended !

By rishu k

Aug 31, 2020

Recommended for all nanostructured materials learners . Very structured courses and lab tours demonstrating the experiments are very intriguing.

By Elma M

Apr 20, 2020

One of the best courses. It was of great help. All my doubts on characterisation is cleared..A big thank you to everyone who worked behind this!

By Hannah J E

Jan 14, 2021

Very informative course and stirred my interest in nanotech. Demonstrations and theory lecture are brief but sufficient to learn the material.