Back to Natural Attenuation of Groundwater Contaminants: New Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Natural Attenuation of Groundwater Contaminants: New Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications by Rice University

Cleaning up the large number of groundwater contamination sites is a significant and complex environmental challenge. The environmental industry is continuously looking for remediation methods that are both effective and cost-efficient. Over the past 10 years there have been amazing, important developments in our understanding of key attenuation processes and technologies for evaluating natural attenuation processes, and a changing institutional perspective on when and where Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA) may be applied. Despite these advances, restoring groundwater contaminated by anthropogenic sources to allow for unrestricted use continues to be a challenge. Because of a complex mix of physical, chemical, and biological constraints associated with active in-situ cleanup technologies, there has been a long standing focus on understanding natural processes that attenuate groundwater contaminant plumes. We will build upon basic environmental science and environmental engineering principles to discover how to best implement MNA as a viable treatment for groundwater contamination plumes. Additionally we will delve into the history behind and make predictions about the new directions for this technology. Any professional working in the environmental remediation industry will benefit from this in-depth study of MNA. We will use lectures, readings, and computational exercises to enhance our understanding and implementation of MNA. At the completion of this course, students will have updated understanding and practical tools that can be applied to all possible MNA sites....

AS
Mar 12, 2020

the course covers all the important details and the lecturers explained it very well. I started from scratch for this course and was not in touch with chemistry and related fields for half a decade.

FA
Aug 18, 2020

Excellent course to provide a broad understanding of scientific concepts and current applications of degradation processes and programs critical to modern environmental remediation programs.

26 - 50 of 86 Reviews for Natural Attenuation of Groundwater Contaminants: New Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications

By FRANK M B

Nov 20, 2019

the course has been very insightful. i have learnt a lot on natural attenuation of ground water contaminant.

By Yashfeen Z

Jun 1, 2020

I loved the course. I wouldn't mind checking out other courses like this. I learned a lot from this course.

By Dylan Y

Jun 10, 2017

Fantastic course regarding groundwater related concepts and applications. Be happy to take similar courses

By Francesca G

Dec 15, 2019

Great sources of information on MNA. It gives plenty of reference if you need to study this topic deeper.

By Md. A A

Apr 18, 2020

Very outstanding course.Though it was difficult for me,I enjoyed it.And learnt many knowledge. Thank you

By Sudeep D

Feb 24, 2017

It is an excellent course. I learnt a lot of new things which would be useful for me.

By April Z

Oct 5, 2017

supreme course! very information and great lecturer. I've learnt so much. Go owls!

By Nzewuji V

Jul 21, 2020

This course helped me understand MNA better. Better than was taught in class.

By Tukuni D

Jun 4, 2020

This a very advanced course ,which will help me a lot to enhance my skillset

By LOGESH K P

Jul 12, 2020

learning new applications& i should very useful to my further studuies

By José G B

Oct 18, 2016

Lots of learning and fun. Although quite specific, not tedious at all.

By Carolina C A

Jul 26, 2020

I reviewed some concepts but i learned much more. Congratulations!

By Alexandra S

Jun 30, 2017

Very thorough course, well presented by top experts in the field.

By Farah A

Nov 29, 2018

Very helpful cousrse. It increased my learning skills too.

By Ruth M P C

Aug 26, 2020

Excelente, me ayudo mucho para entender el ingles gracias

By Kolawole M

Jun 6, 2017

Informative, well researched and articulately presented.

By Manasvi T

Apr 5, 2019

amazing course, just hope some diy projects were added.

By Angel A R

Nov 29, 2016

An excellent course, very detailed and well organized.

By Muhammad I

Dec 8, 2018

It was great experience and learning opportunity .

By MUTHUKUMAR M

Nov 25, 2019

the course was very useful to enrich my knowledge

By WSM B

Aug 27, 2020

The course is very informative and interesting!

By 郭逸飞

Jul 16, 2018

Good presentation and hope to see you later!

By Carla A

Jul 28, 2020

muy dificil pero con informacion valiosa

By DAHN F S

Jul 23, 2020

Very Challenging but very informative.

By Namratha N G

Dec 7, 2019

highly informative and well taught