Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

1351 - 1375 of 1,413 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By SAURABH B

Mar 19, 2017

it was great experience being a part of this course

By Pablo T

May 24, 2016

O curso surpreendeu minhas expectativas, trazendo conhecimentos ricos e específicos para qualquer negociador. Parabéns!

By Dustin F

Aug 22, 2018

Prof has a unique style of teaching making this topic very easy.

By 謝政衡

Sep 14, 2015

very useful, practical,and brilliant !!!

By Влад Р

Apr 23, 2017

Course is great, it might be helpful in negotiations at every aspect of life. It also shed the light onto aspects of different laws and contract rules. Still, the final grade is a bit complex taking into account the previous ones are light.

By Bernie

Oct 25, 2015

Some of the speeches are really very long and need patience to finish. I'm happy that he exam is much easier and takes not very long time to get passed.

By John H

Apr 02, 2016

Excellent course for anyone interested in improving their negotiation skills. Ever since the first lesson I have started looking at the business world from a new perspective. The book is a great read and not too exhaustive.

By Sarah-Jayne A

Aug 25, 2015

A very good insight to another way of negotiating. I am only half way through but already thinking differently.

By Denys S G d M

Aug 16, 2016

Very Good!

By Saju

Nov 25, 2018

Definitely one of the skills which will help us in our career.

By Alexandre d M R

Jun 08, 2017

Great course, with a very pragmatic approach. Recommended to anyone who has to negotiate on a regular basis.

By margarita d r t

Sep 13, 2016

deberia de estar en español el curso

By Jose L M R

Dec 08, 2015

curso muy interesante y actual, que te brinda las bases para reforzar y aprender nuevos metodos de negociacion. me parece un curso practico y real, aplicable en nuestras actvidades diarias. lo recomiendo sin duda.

By Felipe G

Nov 16, 2015

The way professor Mr. G. Siedel conducted the course is very practical and useful. Invites always to "think about answers" to complex questions and his new approaching techniques to negotiate with success are truly useful to analyze your behave negotiating, and therefore , improve in the negotiation techniques and knowledge of tools and different approaches to a negotiation.

By Prakash K

Feb 12, 2019

Good course, structured presentation of topics for Negotiations

By 王婕

Jun 03, 2016

I find this course especially helpful in my everyday life. Interesting thing is that I was selling my apartment while I was litsening to this course and this may be my biggest motivation to follow up this course as I want to negotiate an ideal selling price.

By Kareem S E

Jun 22, 2016

I loved it, it was my 1st MOOCs

By Hebatallah M A H E

Nov 04, 2019

I would prefer that the rationale behind a correct or incorrect answer for the quizzes and final exam are added so I am fully sure I grasped the concept especially for wrong answers. Other than that, the course is absolutely amazing and helps tremendously both in business and in personal life.

By Devak S J

Aug 14, 2015

This is a very interesting course. It is the first course I followed on Coursera and it worth my time and money. Various skills and strategies are being taught which I took for granted before. This course is helpful both for the day-to-day negotiation and for business ones.

By Rakesh R

Sep 13, 2015

Just awesome!

By Fahami M A

Oct 20, 2016

This course is excellent, the only problem is that french subtitles do not cover all videos.

By CLAUDIO

Oct 05, 2017

Muy util. Con conceptos claros y precisos

By Gennaro N

Sep 25, 2015

It was an useful course. I believe that I will use the tools learned in this course.

By Kamran B

Dec 13, 2019

Good

By Luis B U

Aug 30, 2015

The course is interesting, but in the other hand is too basic, If you already have some knowledge about negotiationg it wont give you a lot of knowledge.