Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

126 - 150 of 1,409 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Siva K

Sep 30, 2015

Wonderful course. If you are understanding negotiations, this course is the place to be. George Siedel gives a very patient and clear explanation on the terminologies and concepts. Very useful indeed. You will have fun and it will never be boring. Thanks Courseera.

By kerolos K

Oct 06, 2015

this course improve my skills, and the professor is a professional.

By Bogdan I

Mar 17, 2016

Really good!!

By Twinkle L

Oct 09, 2015

Great class! The Professor did a great job in explaining the concepts and how to apply them.

By Apostolis K

Nov 08, 2017

A very interesting course that challenges many of the things that you think you know. I definitely recommend it. Valuable lessons even for our daily routine

By Carlos J G M

Feb 04, 2018

Great course!

By Abril d R

May 30, 2017

Excellent course! I really enjoy it! Now I know that I have to study more about law in my country if I want to success in negotiation! :P

By Miguel A R C

Sep 20, 2015

Amazing! Supreme quality! I have really learned skills for the rest of my life!

By Evan P D

Sep 28, 2016

excellent course highly recommend!

By Mauricio A V C

Aug 14, 2015

Really useful, though some of the ADR methods are not common in my city, still pretty good.

By Roberto O G

Jan 18, 2018

The professor truly has knowledge about the topics reviewed in this course and inspires one to learn the content on the course. His charisma and enthusiasm gives this course an extra value for the students. He uses simple real life examples for complex topics that makes it easy for one to understand the concepts even without a previous background in these topics.

By David M S

Feb 21, 2016

Covers the most relevant topics about negotiation in a structured, easily understandable way. Also, it has many practical implications.

By Saad Q

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent organization of concepts and strategies from an experienced instructor.

By Carla S

Aug 03, 2017

Great course to learn how to approach a hard negotiation.

By Cristóbal M S

Mar 10, 2016

Really useful negotiation course that covers all its stages through great examples. Totally recommend it.

By Zohaib B

Nov 04, 2017

Amazing source of learning...

By Suresh V

Aug 21, 2015

Thanks for this wonderful course Prof. Siedel.

I don't know of a better way to negotiate with you than to request:

Please offer more advanced courses; this course --I hope!-- has prepared me for them.

By Xin L

Mar 03, 2016

This course is well organized and easy to understand. I really enjoy it !

By Kevin R W

Oct 16, 2015

Outstanding content for any profession or walk of life. I wish I would have had this course about 10 years ago!

By Edgaras V

Nov 29, 2015

Great course, information in useful and practical. A lot of examples and interesting facts, stories.

By Axel T

Sep 26, 2015

W

By Jose A L M

Oct 25, 2015

It provided a really useful framework covering all steps of negotiation. I would definitely recommend it

By Štefan S

Jun 17, 2018

One of the best courses I've ever done. The material is very interesting, well prepared and easy to follow. I've never realised how much I wanted to learn about negotiating until I've started to dig deeper into this course. For me that's the hallmark of a superb learning experience.

By Haldun B

Jun 19, 2018

this is a must learn skill for everyone, and the instructor is just excellent, it is not like a mooc rather than a private course at your account.

By Dwayne S

Apr 17, 2017

Excellent video lectures and well prepared textbook together provide a rich context to understand the best practices of Negotiation, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Deal Making strategies that apply in many aspects of business and personal life.