Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

201 - 225 of 1,352 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Andrey G

Jan 12, 2016

Many thanks Professor!

By Karlo P

Dec 12, 2016

This is a great cours. I recommend to people who are or "new" or "old" in any kind of business. Also this was very inspiring. Go take, what do you wait!

By Arjumand M

Dec 11, 2015

The teacher was excellent, he was very clear and pricise. I was not to happy on the final assignment as there was no real way of knowing how well you did

By Jurriaan v S

Jul 15, 2017

Great course! Interesting mix between negotiation tactics, psychology and law. Professor very clear and videos are easy to watch, would recommend it to anyone!

By Brandon W

Nov 17, 2015

Awesome information and couldn't be delivered any better!

By Yaser R

Jan 17, 2016

Excellent course and excellent teacher!

By Roseanne T

Nov 13, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Many thanks.

By Ruben M P

Sep 05, 2015

Este curso sin duda tiene un contenido muy completo, entre teoria y practica. La forma de explicar del profesor es buenisima, tiene un don de la enseñanza. ¡Felicidades!

By Giacomo P

Dec 30, 2015

The professor is clear in explaining and makes you feel part of the lectures. You learn the content and you learn how to really use what is explained. Amazing opportunity.

By Nona B A

Mar 26, 2017

I learned a lot of techniques that I can use not only in business/ work-related negotiations but also to my personal day-to-day transactions. Thank you very much, Prof. George Siedel!

By Freeman L

Jan 25, 2016

excellent course, great overview for those who are new to thinking about negotiations from a business point of view.

By Betty-Fleur P

Aug 09, 2016

very efficient, clmear to understand. last test is pretty difficult, I was super proud to pass.

By 张亦明

Oct 16, 2015

valuable course

By Sharon Y W

Jul 19, 2016

The best course I've had on Coursera. It's really informative, detailed in a carefully structure, which gives clear overview of how we are about to learn and what's the key takeaway. The instructor is articulate, knowledgeable but not boring at all. Unlike a lot of courses on coursera, this course provides longer weeks to complete this subject, which allows beginners to learn more about negotiation, from basics to tactics, and I look forward to the final game on the last week. I highly recommend this course!

By Daniele S

Sep 08, 2015

Great teacher, wonderfull content and examples.

Only one improving point: the videos were often working badly (no audio or breaking the upload)

By AU M S

Nov 15, 2015

A very practical course with many real life examples and case studies. Never boring and excellent presentation by the very experienced Prof. George Siedel. Thank you University of Michigan and Professor for giving me this opportunity to learn a very valuable course.

By Desiree D

Oct 10, 2015

Excellent, the professor is very well spoken and he give clear explanations. The material of the course is very interesting and useful. I'm very glad I took this course. Thank you very much!!!

By Yaki M

Oct 31, 2017

Greate course. Covers a lot of topics.

Thank you for making it available for us.

By Crystal T

Oct 12, 2015

I never realized that there is an art to negotiation. Often, I would feel at a disadvantage when negotiating as I did not have the experience or the confidence to say what I wanted from a negotiation. I have now learnt some techniques that will help build up my confidence during negotiation and I hope to practice those skills even more!

By UK K

Sep 21, 2016

we are expecting some more similar good content mooc courses from michigan state university, regarding digital marketing , inbound marketing, internet of things,etc

By Ricardo B

Feb 08, 2016

Much better than what I expected, thank you George Siedel!

I loved the bits on problem solving as well.

Cogratulations to everyone envolved.

By Orkhan A

Oct 11, 2017

Super!!

By Ehsan A

May 13, 2017

Clear explanation and great examples. Practice , in week 6, is a great wrap up.

Thanks

By Dani S C

Mar 11, 2016

It's the best business course ever. I highly recommend it!! It's very practical, easy to understand, didatic and very helpful!!

By Lefteris D

Sep 06, 2015

i loved this courses this is very attractive and reasonable