Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

251 - 275 of 1,025 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Pablo A

Feb 05, 2020

My first coursera experience and I loved it! I loved Professor Nalebuff's insights, the course pace, the numerous examples, the very challenging exercises, the simulated negotiations and the experts' testimonies.

By Ieva A

Aug 01, 2016

Very interesting course ! Lectures are entertaining and has a lot of real life examples. I recommend it to anyone who is keen on learning new things and wants to learn in non academic environment (eg. at home).

By Aron Z

Jan 04, 2016

The Prof is great, explaining in a very easy to digest manner and also has a sense of humour!

This course is more than simply a learning tool, it is also Entertainment!

A must do Course for anyone to be honest.

By Ana M H C

May 15, 2020

This course was amazing, I liked everything about it. I liked the methodology, doing the cases, all the examples and things that happened to Barry Nalebuff. It is an amazing course and I will use it in my life

By RISHABH K D

May 15, 2020

Thanks a lot for giving us an opportunity to learn about Principled negotiation. The course is designed in the best manner along with so many example and cases, makes it so interesting.

Thanks Team Coursera !!

By Dennis H

Oct 18, 2016

The cases are a lot of fun, and the course offers a lot of different insights both theoretical and practical. The guests are all extremely experienced and shared valuable knowledge. Very well designed course.

By Alberico S

Apr 21, 2017

Was an excelent education, information and easy, really easy to follow throgh the weeks. Im already taking another course on the site. Thanks a lot coursera team, Barry and the others teachers colaborators.

By Vinayak K

Feb 24, 2017

very much loved this course. Professor Barry has designed a very good course content. I was able to understand through this course the nuances of negotiation. I highly recommend everyone to take this course

By Francesco C

Complete, professional, funny, enriching. Absolutely Recommended. Professor Nalebuff and collaborators have crafted a great course for any level of previous experience and background, Thanks for your work!

By Poul B C

Dec 21, 2015

Full of tools based on hands-on experience from some very smart people - fun, challenging with so much wisdom collected in one place. Couldn't have spend my precious time in a more rewarding way, thank you

By Dimple

Sep 18, 2015

You're an amazing lecturer! I really enjoyed taking this class, although I was a bit shocked when I got to the "completed" at week 5. I definitely planned for a few more nights of work and got off easy :)

By Martha N G G

Apr 28, 2020

Ampliamente recomendado. El instructor tiene amplia experiencia del tema y la comparte de una forma que todos los que no tenemos amplia experiencia en el tema podamos aprender la mejor forma de negociar.

By Roger M

Aug 30, 2018

I like week-1. The math part of the course can be overwhelming. There are so many options to consider when negotiating. I realize, I have to think more out of the box in order to get win- win solution.

By Ludovica M

it is a very complete, clear guide for becoming a principled negotiatior, even for those like me who have never seen any of these principles. Many many thanks! Can't wait to start a new course with you!

By OMAR M

May 14, 2020

This was one of the best courses so far .

I really enjoyed the instructor Barry , the way he teaches was very engaging .

However i believe more case like Zincit must be there to make it more challenging .

By Patricia V Q C y L

Jul 08, 2017

Everything is explained really well and it is very easy to follow. The teacher makes the lessons very interesting and provides a lot of examples that help understand the concepts that are being taught.

By Diego S

Mar 07, 2017

Strongly recommended: it's not only very useful with theorical contents and material, but with different practical negotiations to be done that help you to change your point of view when negotiating

By Hiba N

Aug 16, 2020

It was amazing in that it was made comprehensive and entertaining. Also the negotiation activities was an amazing idea where we got alot of experience by negotiating in real life with real people.

By Katherine J L

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you Professor Barry.

It was a great learning experience of studying strategies and principles, collaborated with peers.

Thank you.

I am buying your book too.

Kind regards,

Katherine from Toronto

By Julián B M

Game theory + empathy. Very interesting course since it combined some math with psychology. The amount of work is great and forces you to do exercises with other people, which I feel is crucial.

By Laura B

Apr 26, 2020

Dr Nalebuff made the course interesting and fun. I learned a lot about negotiation. I thought it was awesome he brought in other experts to share their stories and even hosted two live webinars.

By Susanne A

Feb 05, 2017

I am only starting with this course but I love how well the material is presented. These guys put some serious effort into getting their knowledge across having the student´s experience in mind.

By ANDREINA P

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course! 360 learning, adding real negotiations with very intersting theoretical material. Loved the professor and his approach to negotiation and its applications. Highly recommended!

By Anton K

Oct 23, 2016

Understanding and having in mind knowledge from this course is an entrance ticket to negotiations, thank you very much! I really want some advanced course of this topic, ex. tough negotiations.

By Jessica S

Feb 07, 2016

Great teacher, great course which teaches strategies that can be applied in everyday life.

I would love to see a follow-up couse exploring the concepts in more depth and teaching new strategies.