Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

RC

Sep 08, 2015

A superb introduction to negotiation from game theory point of view, which itself is a fascinating subject and taught by Barry nelbuff, a brilliantly simple teacher. read his books and you'll know.

251 - 275 of 420 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Konstantin T

Apr 16, 2017

Maybe the best in Coursera!

By Dimple

Sep 18, 2015

You're an amazing lecturer! I really enjoyed taking this class, although I was a bit shocked when I got to the "completed" at week 5. I definitely planned for a few more nights of work and got off easy :)

By Konstantin B

Oct 15, 2017

great

By Pablo V

May 10, 2018

Excelent!

By Ángeles L

Jan 03, 2016

Although I find difficult to understand and assimilate some mathematics concepts. I find the course useful. Barry makes it easy to understand and interesting. At the beginning as I couldn`t understand somethings I was thinking of leaving the course. But luckily I finish it and at the end I can say it was a great course.

By Dimitrios K

Oct 08, 2015

Absolutely stunning! I learned so much in terms of both knowledge and non-verbal behavioural aspects. Fantastic!

By Teresa B

Oct 13, 2015

Skills for life!

By Stavri F

Nov 17, 2017

Fantastic course! The decision to enroll into this course was absolutely wise. You learn both the theory and the application and that's important.

By nick k

s

e

By Dwarkanath P

Feb 25, 2016

Absolutely loved the course! Watched every lecture. Professor Barry Nalebuff is a great teacher. His enthusiasm towards the subject matter is noteworthy. Didn't feel like a 11 hours course at all. Maybe because I played it on 1.5x ;).

The course helped me understand a great deal of theory on negotiation. I compared the course content to my experience in negotiations and found the mistakes I was making. I'll try to correct those in future negotiations.

I'd recommend the course to everyone!

By Leonardo J V G

Oct 04, 2017

Great Course!

By Suchitra R

Feb 07, 2016

The most interesting course I have ever taken on Coursera. All credits to the tutor Barry Nalebuff. I highly recommend this course to all !

By Emil F

Aug 07, 2016

Very well made course. The lecture are fun and not boring at all!

It's a very good introduction, and the main takeaway is that you'll learn why and how to negotiate fair.

For a beginner in negotiation, this course lays a very good foundation, and opens the eyes, broadens the view on what negociation really is meant to be.

By om p s

Sep 02, 2015

The best course taught by best professor and best university

By Ehab A

Sep 29, 2015

Loved this course.

The lecture videos were very clear, well framed, loved the white background and the instructor was always looking at the camera.

The animated illustrations provided made the lecture extremely fun to watch and a lot easier to understand.

Barry is an excellent presenter, well spoken, fun, pleasant and speaks in a welcoming tone.

What I loved about this course is the nature of the assignments which stressed the point of actually doing negotiations with other classmates, it forced me to interact with complete strangers from different countries and review the work of others, which was an immensely pleasant experience.

By Weibing Z

Aug 01, 2017

This is a great and useful course!

By Thomas F

Sep 24, 2015

Beste Coursera Course followed so far! Thank you Professor!

By Eduardo L G

Sep 17, 2015

A fun way to learn the basis on negotiation. Provides basic tips on the subject as well as it enables you to put them in practice. Thanks Prof. Nalebuff!

By PIQUE L

Jan 31, 2017

A high valuated training, extremely recommended !!!

By SAIF

Sep 18, 2015

This is a fantastic course. Barry Nalebuff teaches with a tremendous flair and keeps this course interesting throughout.

By Son A D

Nov 23, 2015

Prof. NaleBuff is awesome, funny and thorough with his explanation in the course. Challeging so far, but I really enjoy it.

By Daniel L

Sep 14, 2017

the pie concept is fantastic.

By Matthias K

May 15, 2018

The best course I have taken on coursera so far!

By patrick b

Jun 05, 2016

Excellent, very interesting approach, a shame there is no pdf documents about the courses.

By clarence T