Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

276 - 300 of 1,055 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Hiba N

Aug 16, 2020

It was amazing in that it was made comprehensive and entertaining. Also the negotiation activities was an amazing idea where we got alot of experience by negotiating in real life with real people.

By Katherine J L

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you Professor Barry.

It was a great learning experience of studying strategies and principles, collaborated with peers.

Thank you.

I am buying your book too.

Kind regards,

Katherine from Toronto

By Julián B M

Game theory + empathy. Very interesting course since it combined some math with psychology. The amount of work is great and forces you to do exercises with other people, which I feel is crucial.

By Laura B

Apr 26, 2020

Dr Nalebuff made the course interesting and fun. I learned a lot about negotiation. I thought it was awesome he brought in other experts to share their stories and even hosted two live webinars.

By Susanne A

Feb 05, 2017

I am only starting with this course but I love how well the material is presented. These guys put some serious effort into getting their knowledge across having the student´s experience in mind.

By ANDREINA P

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course! 360 learning, adding real negotiations with very intersting theoretical material. Loved the professor and his approach to negotiation and its applications. Highly recommended!

By Anton K

Oct 23, 2016

Understanding and having in mind knowledge from this course is an entrance ticket to negotiations, thank you very much! I really want some advanced course of this topic, ex. tough negotiations.

By Jessica S

Feb 07, 2016

Great teacher, great course which teaches strategies that can be applied in everyday life.

I would love to see a follow-up couse exploring the concepts in more depth and teaching new strategies.

By David E

Apr 26, 2020

Enjoy the Prof, his guests and the principles taught. In particular I like the concept, of “would you have taken your own offer”. It wasn’t one of his main chapter principles but I like it.

By Yiannis C

Jul 29, 2017

Best value for money course I've done in my life. Applicable in the work and in life in general. Superbly presented, other online courses should use it as a guide. Thank you very much indeed.

By Kyle S

Apr 27, 2020

This course is perfect for any individual out there with a desire to expand their understanding of logical persuasion. You will come out of this course a meticulous and intuitive negotiator.

By Marta

Feb 11, 2020

Excellent course! It really broadened my perspective on collaboration, understanding of different approaches in negotiation, as well as the importance of allocentric perspective. Thank you!

By Miguel A C J

May 03, 2017

Super course. Rather than a course, it seems a guideline of how to create powerful synergies to maximize the outcomes of challenging situations. I highly recommend it. Thank you professor.

By John W

Dec 17, 2016

Great course, Barry is a compelling presenter and the course offers a good overview of a number of negotiation principles. This is a useful step on the way to becoming a great negotiator.

By Rafael D d D

Nov 17, 2015

Great course! one of the best that I have ever seen in Coursera, very well driven and great content, Barry is an amazing bright teacher....would be great to get some more courses from him

By Awais S

it was really goo course to learn the topic negotiation. The videos, exercise and cases did help us each of us to push out of our way to learn key ways to negotiate with other partners.

By Prathamesh J

Apr 09, 2020

This course was immensely valuable in term of highly logical approach to negotiation and having a better deal, in business as well as in day to day life. I really enjoyed the lectures!

By Torsten P

Jan 21, 2020

This is one of the best online courses I have done so far. Very well strutured and concise. I think everybody not already an expert in negotiating will benefit from taking this course.

By Valentin V

Jul 03, 2020

I've enjoyed this course, professor Nalebuff made me feel like he was here next to me, and we were having a pleasant conversation, thus helping me absorb the content much more easily.

By Nicole H

Mar 22, 2017

I LOVED this class and was so engulfed in it that I didn't even realize I had completed it! Would definitely recommend this prof. and this course interested in the art of negotiating.

By Carlos S G

Oct 16, 2016

Great course, the videos are funny, well taught. The practice exercise is also good and really useful. teachers show you the negotiation from another point of view. Very recomendable.

By Harmish S

May 07, 2020

Its very nicely explain course for the student not belonging to the field. It starts from the basic and goes till the end of the topic. The way every concept are explained are great.

By Tanisha S

May 05, 2020

This course is amazing! Love the course content, engaging videos and discussions. Professor Nalebuff has ensured that students have an experience very similar to an in-person course.

By Ahnaf T A

Jun 02, 2020

This is perhaps the most pragmatic course that I have taken. Everyone should learn about negotiation and games for leading a satisfying life. And bonus, Professor Nalebuff is a gem!

By Rebecca F

I strongly suggest this course. It is really interactive and it gives the possibility to know and negotiate with new people, by applying the knowledges acquired on real life cases.