Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

426 - 450 of 1,030 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Bianca J

Jul 02, 2020

The course was very interactive and Barry shared some great ideas how to apply these skills to real life apart from business.

By Isabella L Z

Very good, I've really learned a lot from the course and from the peers as well. Fantastic, very engaging and I enjoyed a lot

By Omar E M

This is definitely a different exposure to negotiation fundamentals, and Dr. Barry's approach is very distinctive. Thank you!

By Berenice M F

Jul 04, 2020

One of the best courses I've ever had!! Professor Barry Nalebuff it's amazing!! I recommend the course!!! You will enjoyed!!

By Zene P

Jan 19, 2020

I'm a Realtor from California.

Amazing thru & thru.

I can't wait to use what I learned in my next negotiation.

By Ioannis S

Jun 26, 2019

This course can help you to improve your skills and i think is a very important tool for everyone who wants to be successful

By Joice A

Mar 25, 2017

This was a very informative class and I have already applied what I've learned and succeeded in my negotiation in real life!

By HARJOT S

Mar 10, 2017

The course enabled me to learn various aspects of negotiation, especially the pie, how to expand the pie and get your share.

By Siya T

Jul 23, 2020

Barry has been amazing! He makes the content so interesting and enjoyable. I am looking forward to more courses from Barry!

By Jan T T

May 03, 2020

One of the best courses so far! And definitely the best in terms of engagement! I would ask for more negotiation exercises!

By Santiago W

Feb 06, 2020

Excellent course. Throughout it, I could learn several negotiation principles and strategies in a very dynamic and fun way.

By Son A D

Nov 23, 2015

Prof. NaleBuff is awesome, funny and thorough with his explanation in the course. Challeging so far, but I really enjoy it.

By ALEJANDRA B S

Sep 26, 2020

I've been taken eight courses in Coursera, definitely, it's the best, I enjoyed it a lot, the professor is so clearly. :)

By Martin V

Jun 11, 2020

Loved the content and the animation made it interactive. That the lecturer had street credentials was the highlight for me

By Maja B

Apr 09, 2018

Awesome course! The knowledge gained during the course is completely applicable to business life and every day situations.

By Tal I

Great course! The explanations were very easy to understand and the cases and examples were interesting and fun to watch.

By Julien C

May 04, 2020

Very effective to imrpove negotiations skills, being convincing and persuasive in arguments zhen negotiating with people.

By Soraia A

Apr 22, 2020

Great class and teaches us a lot of new ways to think and strategize when negotiating. Great course & highly recommended!

By Yazmín G A

Aug 18, 2020

It is a very interesting and enjoyful course. You can learn a lot from the teacher and he explains everything very well.

By Daniela H

Aug 08, 2020

Me encantó la metodología del curso, la guía continua de los tutores y el manejo de los casos prácticos.

muy recomendado.

By Agustina L

Mar 30, 2017

A really different approach to negotiation, very practical, and they even make you practice!! Great material and videos.

By Sergio M T

Feb 03, 2016

I am a PhD student from Spain, I loved your course. I expect it will be really useful in my future. Thank you very much!

By SAIF

Sep 18, 2015

This is a fantastic course. Barry Nalebuff teaches with a tremendous flair and keeps this course interesting throughout.

By Karin J

Aug 01, 2020

This was a very well presented course. Questions and assignments were great and tested your knowledge and understanding

By Debadarsan B

May 08, 2020

Very insightful. Negotiation is so necessary for every aspect of life. It keeps all the parties happy if not too happy