Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

RC

Sep 08, 2015

A superb introduction to negotiation from game theory point of view, which itself is a fascinating subject and taught by Barry nelbuff, a brilliantly simple teacher. read his books and you'll know.

26 - 50 of 420 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By MICHAIL K

Apr 02, 2019

THE BEST COURSE

By Mohamed A A

Apr 03, 2019

it was a great course, it was full of information and knowledge. it helped me to be a better negotiator.

By Luca V

Great !!!!!

By Raluca M

Mar 31, 2019

I REALLY ENJOYED IT, DIFFERENT WAY OF PRESENTING THINGS AND VERY CATCHY IN THE SAME TIME

By Smital B

Mar 31, 2019

This course is a great guide for sales people at any stage in their career. However, i feel the process of finding a negotiation partner is quite difficult. Otherwise, the case studies and the course content is fantastic.

By Fatima M

Mar 12, 2019

T

Y

By Kyle C

Mar 07, 2019

Excellent course - puts things in a different perspective that can be used in real life.

By Charalambos N

Mar 17, 2019

Excellent course!

By Arthur O

Dec 06, 2018

It is really an incredible class, and I enjoyed so much! After taking the course, I improved a lot in the art of negotiating or language delivering.

By Adam C

Jan 07, 2019

Interesting, challenging, very well taught.

By Anastasios S

Dec 23, 2018

Exceptional, well structured and effective.

By Tsitagiannis G

Feb 14, 2019

It was great, it really changed me

By Meraj A F

Sep 09, 2018

This is an amazing course that will change the way you think and operate. The key words here are "Principled and Persuasive" which means that you can get what you want without becoming a used car salesmen :) . Highly Recommended!!

By Akshaya K

Sep 07, 2018

Extremely helpful and interesting.

By Kevin B

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. It is very usefull and fun to learn. I thought it was easy to find partners for the negotiations.

By Sally

Sep 30, 2018

Eye open course, I think the main thing I learned from this course is a new perspective to see many things. Meanwhile, the interactive sessions are also very helpful which we get chance to practice meanwhile learned from our peers. Very appreciate the efforts from the professor and his team for giving such a great course!

By Roger M

Aug 30, 2018

I like week-1. The math part of the course can be overwhelming. There are so many options to consider when negotiating. I realize, I have to think more out of the box in order to get win- win solution.

By Stefan V

Aug 30, 2018

Great course - I enjoyed it a lot!

By MARTIN O D R

Sep 03, 2018

Excellent course, really the quality was over my expectations, the material, technics, explanations. Really this was a very good course. Initially, I thought that this will be a 4 weeks course, but I was very sourprise when this is 5 weeks + 4 more tips.

By Enrique L

Sep 03, 2018

Outstanding course, very usefull and interactive. I was able to implement almost inmediately. Very grateful! The best purchase ever.

By Ioanna-Maria D

Oct 21, 2018

It is a very interesting course. It gives you an idea of what to think before entering a negotiation, setting your goals, the importance of cooperating with the other person to find a solution that works for both sides, expanding the benefits of a deal. The videos are simple with great visualisations that help you understand the basic concepts of the negotiation. The exercises that you have to do and the quizzes are brilliant and help you understand the material as well as practice with other persons. The professor Barry Nalebuff is great too. I highly recommend this course.

By saed E

Oct 29, 2018

Extremely, helpfull, Thankyou

By Yuanbo L

Nov 04, 2018

It really pays to find a partner to practice! It's easily the best part of the learning experience.

By Jim M

Nov 12, 2018

Highly recommend. The course exceeded my expectations in every way. The content and presentation are excellent. How I approach negotiations going forward will be very different.

By Rafael O

Nov 16, 2018

Best course I have ever taken on coursera, by far and large. Animations, great case studies, supplemental material, a great teacher, you name it