Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

476 - 500 of 1,025 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Dimitrios K

Oct 08, 2015

Absolutely stunning! I learned so much in terms of both knowledge and non-verbal behavioural aspects. Fantastic!

By Christina S C

Aug 10, 2020

Really good and interesting course! Fantastic professor and really nice with real negotiations with classmates!

By Fabio T

very useful, it provides the basic concepts to have in mind during a negotiation!I would suggest it to anybody.

By Karoline M F D

Aug 06, 2020

I loved this course!!! I'm a buyer there are 13 years and this course for sure changed my mode of negotiation.

By Matias L

May 08, 2020

i loved how the teacher lead the curse and all the games, the insights and the practice it enhanced.

I loved it

By Zihan L

Apr 09, 2020

Apparently, the professor and the whole group treat this course very seriously. Very interesting and engaging.

By (Thomas) T A C

Jan 04, 2020

Wonderful course for those looking for serious negotiation skill online. This is very quality designed program

By Filippo V

Aug 11, 2019

Amazing course, it provides with many interesting and creative tools to improve your negotiation capabilities.

By Felipe N

Jun 10, 2020

Awesome course in order to get insights about how to be a better negotiator in several aspects for your life.

By Bruno F

Jun 10, 2020

Amazing course! I love the smart and elegant way it includes theoretical and practical lessons! Outstanding!

By Stephanie G

This class is super interesting and interactive. As the course progresses, it becomes even more interesting!

By Oganes I

Dec 26, 2017

My best online course experience ever. Thanks to all team, it gave me great value both for my work and life.

By HELENE A

Oct 01, 2016

One of the best classes I had. Thankyou somuch for your such innovative approach in MOOCS!!!

You rock guys!!!

By Ivan L

Dec 25, 2015

Great course, that is informative, challenging and entertaining. The knowledge is gained is very applicable.

By Yalin K

Jun 13, 2018

Definitely exceeded my expectations ! I belive I gained a solid perspective for all potential negotiations.

By Oscar R

Sep 28, 2015

Have a lot to learn and the classes are really dynamic and really interesting, also the homeworks are great

By David N

Jun 23, 2020

This course definitely changed the way I approached negotiations. It has brought Amazing value to my life.

By Yihua X

Jun 15, 2020

Very concrete content with good up-to-date information, interactive lecture, and peer practice. Recommend!

By Peter B S

Very well thought out course, great presentation, intellectually interesting, and very clear instructions.

By Mitali J

May 11, 2018

Fantastic course! Barry is a creative and fun teacher who truly keeps one engrossed in the topics covered.

By CHIN N M D

Jun 17, 2016

Love this course for being as fun and interesting as it is educational! Helps a lot with my scope of work!

By john W

Apr 30, 2016

The lecturer uses good examples and the animations helped visualize what he was talking about in lectures.

By Wouter J

Aug 24, 2020

Great Course with simple but efficient instruction videos and cool cases to practise with other students.

By Thilak C

Aug 05, 2020

Awesome course ! This course teaches about creating principle negotiations and through critical thinking.

By Mustafa T

Apr 27, 2020

It is a very inspiring experience. I learned how to evaluate position of each party in an analytical way.