Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN
Jun 11, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

726 - 750 of 1,266 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Lucca L d C

May 14, 2020

Barry Nalebuff is a master negotiator. This is the best online course i've ever did!

By Dimitrios C

Feb 21, 2019

Great cource ! I am so excited because i did it in a few days and .... i passed it !

By Francisco I S B

Dec 2, 2016

Excellent course, but the certificate should include an approximate amount of hours.

By Stefano M

Apr 6, 2021

Very complete and interesting course.

Very well done.

Sincere congratulations

Stefano.

By Anthea M

Amazing instructor, with passion to transmit the knowledge. Really worth following.

By Nirav B K

Apr 18, 2020

Helped me understand how to breakdown negotiations and come out with the best deal.

By Hythm S

Jun 19, 2021

A​n amazing course with an amazing professor. I wish I could've done it in person.

By S Z

Jun 17, 2020

Plenty of clear and good quality content for an introductory class on negotiation.

By Husni S

Apr 22, 2020

Great, smooth, challenging and adding a lot of new information. Highly recommended

By Ksenija R

Nov 4, 2020

Very interesting! The lecturer is charismatic, kind, with a great sense of humor.

By Juan

May 8, 2020

Great,complete course. Excellent teacher which has opened my eyes on negotiation.

By Timarian R

Dec 25, 2015

Great professor, very well explained step-by-step content and practical exercises

By Aleka P

Jan 30, 2021

I will dare say this was a life changing course. I'm very glad to have taken it!

By Kalum D S

Jun 12, 2020

An excellent course. It was fund and enlightening. I enjoyed every minute of it.

By Rebekah B

May 12, 2020

Best class on coursera that I've ever taken. Extremely useful for everyday life!

By Dimitrios M

Apr 26, 2020

quite amazing!very well stractured! looking already forward for the next course!

By Aurelija V

Oct 20, 2017

That was on of the most amazing courses I have ever taken in my life! Thank you!

By Lou Z

Mar 18, 2021

Very impressive content, smart teacher and well designed peer assessment system

By Rosica B

May 13, 2020

Gives a very useful and practical frame for the main principles of negotiation.

By Leonardo N J

May 7, 2020

Extremely fun and engaging! Loved all the content. The instructor was great too

By Anirudh M

Apr 22, 2020

One of the finest courses available. Practical content & amazing course design!

By Con P

Apr 15, 2020

High quality visuals, very interesting topic, and well delivered :-) thank you!

By Jesús Á H A

Dec 7, 2019

So great course!!! I took it 3 years ago, and I think it has helped me a lot!!!

By Yash Z

Dec 16, 2017

Course was perfectly structured for newbies. Had all the topics covered easily.

By Susana V

Oct 17, 2016

Very good course with challenging and effective assignments. Definitely a must!