Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

RC

Sep 08, 2015

A superb introduction to negotiation from game theory point of view, which itself is a fascinating subject and taught by Barry nelbuff, a brilliantly simple teacher. read his books and you'll know.

126 - 150 of 420 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By NURUDEEN A

Mar 22, 2017

Excellent tutor, and a very interactive course

By Simon G

Jun 02, 2017

Great course and brilliantly delivered. I enjoyed the graphics and the humor.

Herb Cohen is a legend and we were extremely lucky to have heard his thoughts.

By Aurelija V

Oct 20, 2017

That was on of the most amazing courses I have ever taken in my life! Thank you!

By Minh D D

Jun 30, 2017

One of the best courses I have ever taken either online or in classrooms. Thank you Professor for putting together such a wonderful course!

By Jeff C

Aug 21, 2016

Great course.

By Amparo M S

Oct 12, 2016

I strongly recommend this course to those who want to learn some useful tools and techniques to become a better negotiator. Content is great, the course is nice to follow and it's not just watching some videos, you must really understand the concepts to pass the tests and it really forces you to think.

By José C C G

Nov 24, 2016

Excelente curso, por medio de casos prácticos y excelentes docentes logras ver más allá de lo que podría parecer una negociación normal.

By Nuno L

Sep 02, 2017

Fantastic course, very interesting perspectives and approach to negotiation mathematics and games. It really worth's the time!

By David B

Nov 22, 2017

Excellent course

By Kat

Mar 21, 2017

very good course - covers all the basics and provides exercises to test your newly acquired knowledge.

By Estêvão E d C A G

Aug 17, 2017

I think this is the best course to learn all the key strategies and tools to be on track to become a master negotiator.

By Minhaz I K

Feb 04, 2017

Excellent course!

By Anton K

Oct 23, 2016

Understanding and having in mind knowledge from this course is an entrance ticket to negotiations, thank you very much! I really want some advanced course of this topic, ex. tough negotiations.

By Gianluigi D

Feb 19, 2018

Great course, really well done, interesting, fun and complete. Thanks Prof!

By Anna

Apr 14, 2017

Totally worth the effort. As a student this is definately not a walk in the park. Be prepared to require solid maths skills - the key strategy to a successful course, amongst a proper preparation.

I highly recommend this course to everyone, who is interested in a solid introduction into professional negotiation.

By Yuriy K

Apr 17, 2017

Absolutely an amazing course. This course is educational , entertaining with clever videos and an incredible lecturer and so so practical with skype negotiations and so much amazing material. I can not recommend this course enough it is priceless. I am already applying what I learned and it is fantastic. I think even if you did half of the course you would learn so much applicable life changing material.Thank you to Barry Nalebuff and Yale University and every one who helped put this course together! Thank you.

By Paul F G

Jun 25, 2017

Prof. Nalebaum has crafted a thoughtful and detailed course, which wonderfully assists the learner in navigating the intricacies of negotiation basics. I would heartily recommend this course to both learned and beginning negotiators as it is a key skill to have in one's life.

By Alberico S

Apr 21, 2017

Was an excelent education, information and easy, really easy to follow throgh the weeks. Im already taking another course on the site. Thanks a lot coursera team, Barry and the others teachers colaborators.

By Sachin M

Sep 19, 2015

Exceptional format and delivery. Keeps us engaged throughout.

By Diego M

Jan 17, 2016

This is one of the most remarkable, useful and well-structured courses I have ever taken, in real life or online. The principles of negotiation are well explained and applied, and the interactions we must develop with our classmates make the experience incredibly friendly and applicable to real life settings. This course has given me a firm ground to approach negotiation problems from a logical perspective, which is never taught at school but which I believe is a fundamental part of a successful career and personal life.

I wish this course had lasted longer and perhaps covered some topics in greater detail--proof that this is an excellent course is that upon finishing I had even more questions on my mind!

Thanks so much Prof. Nalebuff for a truly extraordinary course!

Diego Miranda-Saavedra, PhD

By Alex B

Aug 22, 2017

I really liked the course, very good techniques for negotiation. The course provides a very useful perspective about how to approach a deal, any deal.

By Nadja P N

Aug 22, 2017

Fantástico! Seria interessante ter uma apostila.

By Francisco J d A

Nov 12, 2015

Fluent and entertaing course fully useful for both business and daily life situations.

By Tamara L

Dec 22, 2015

WOW! funny to do and great stuff to know!

By Murat