Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

151 - 175 of 944 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Philipp E W

Aug 03, 2020

This course has changed my outlook on negotiations and conflicts: I used to see them as a competitive game and have now switched to a collaborative problem solving approach. I now actually look forward to negotiating and creating added value both in my professional as well as private life.

By HP

Jul 12, 2020

Thanks, Prof Barry & your team.

Aim of negotiation is about maximizing the pie, getting the most for both parties, negotiate for good course, longer term. Appreciate you invited outstanding experienced negotiators to share their live experience. Together we make this world a better place!

By Ruth C

Jun 01, 2020

I loved the entire course and the effort put into the professor with his animations and fun ideas. This course does have a lot of calculated math, basic for sure, and required me to watch the math videos at least thrice. But overall, I loved it. Thank you for putting your soul into this.

By Jesus M

May 22, 2020

Muy recomendable el curso, los conceptos se exponen de una manera sencilla y asimilable por todo el mundo, y se tiene la posibilidad de practicar con otros participantes en interesantes casos de negocio que se plantean. La calidad de los videos y las pruebas que se realizan es muy buena.

By MOUSSA K

Apr 28, 2020

Great content delivered by professor Barry Naleduff and his guests. The course is well articulated, with videos, cases and inspiring life stories which make it very enjoyable. I leave the course being fulfilled and a desire to keep learning more from professor Barry Naleduff. Thank you!

By Ali Ö

Jun 06, 2017

I enjoyed a lot from all the lectures in the course. Many thanks for the very carefully prepared course contents and the classroom atmosphere that I felt throughout all the lessons. I recommend very strongly to everybody who wants to be a better negotiator and more succesfull in life.

By Ruan C

Mar 27, 2018

This is a really fun course! Not easy, to be honest, but very rewarding. Nalebuff has a nice combination of mathematics and guts in all the negotiation strategies, and has a great sense of humor in all videos, making it a lot easier to understand. I recommend this course to everyone.

By Katharina R

It was an intensive and great course to get all the tools for reasonable negotiating! Thank you a lot for this very well structured course with all the wise content. I learned a lot not only for myself but also for my job. Thank you so much Barry Nalebuff! You are a great professor!

By reneboy g

Jun 24, 2020

I have never thought that we can do the negotiation on the approaches taught in this course. What is surprising to me is the Talmud method which has been used for 2000 years. I will retake this course, rewatch the video, there are many gems here that can prepare us to negotiations.

By Daniel L

This is really a great course and it gives a different perception on how we should view negotiation in life. The instructor also reminded us to negotiate with our values and personal style. Winning isn't everything. Creating bigger value (& pie) in life & society is more important.

By David R

May 05, 2020

Fantastic and enlightening course, so wonderfully presented and loaded with good ideas and lessons from so many prepared and experienced people, as well as a great opportunity to practice and improve. Congratulation to the team and, specially, Barry Nalebuff and Yale for having him

By Konstantin A

Feb 07, 2017

Fantastic course! Quite informative and I useful I must say. Professor Nalebuff explains all concepts in an understandable way, without sugar-coating and using excessively complex terms. I could only wish to have attended one of his other courses.. My sincere admiration and thanks!

By Anushka T

Jun 09, 2020

It's truly one of the most beneficial courses I've ever taken, both in the classroom and online. The course is very well made and Barry does an excellent job of getting the facts straight in our brains. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to develop a new skill.

By Monika P

Dec 13, 2019

A well structured and presented course. The design is made in this way that as a student you really feel like you would be participating in an actual classroom. The only aspect that I found atypical is to be able to receive a certificate after 5 out of 9 weeks of overall course.

By Moraru C

Jul 25, 2020

Great course! Very well explained, even the hardest terms. Short videos that do not make you feel like really studying so hard, but very informative/educational. Learnt a lot of practical things that I am going to fully use both in my personal life and professional. Thank you!

By Paul F G

Jun 25, 2017

Prof. Nalebaum has crafted a thoughtful and detailed course, which wonderfully assists the learner in navigating the intricacies of negotiation basics. I would heartily recommend this course to both learned and beginning negotiators as it is a key skill to have in one's life.

By Jose M R S

Jul 28, 2020

One of the best courses I´ve ever taken, a very complete guide full with interesting videos and interactive activities, Mr Nalebuff teaches a very interesting way to teach business and since I´m about to enter the University this was an excellent choice for my first course.

By Laura I

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent course! Highly recommend for anyone who negotiates as part of their professional role, and also a great course for personal needs (buying a house, car, job offer negotiations, etc.). Barry is an engaging professor and has several excellent guest speakers as well.

By Kornel K

Jun 12, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much. It provides a structure for negotiation in private and also in business situations. I adopt the new skills presenting my business proposals in new way and I experience higher engagement and higher contracting rate. I am extremely satisfied.

By Summer T

Feb 11, 2019

This course is great for it showed me new perspectives of approaching a paternship, a collaboration, a business deal, or just a nromal ride-share situation. Great real life examples to help me ease into theories and more advanced skills. Thank you, Professor Barry Nalebuff.

By Madhukar C

Jun 13, 2020

It is perfectly well-paced course for students as well as working executives who deal with day-to-day situations where they have to negotiate every time with logical as well dominating negotiators. This course helps to understand how to handle the turbulent situations too.

By Dhaval M

Oct 01, 2019

Learning through an online module cannot be more interactive than what this course offers. Barry's style of delivery and way of structuring the course is what makes this course fun as well as challenging at the same time. I look forward to learning more courses from Barry.

By Shane K

Apr 29, 2020

A very informative, well-structured course. Barry did a stellar job teaching this course, especially the fact that it was done online through video lessons. The course was much better than I had anticipated, I will definitely be recommending this to my friends! Thank you.

By Emily L

Jan 10, 2020

While this course is intellectually challenging, it is very fun for me. I could not stop even with a busy life. The skills I learned not only benefit business wise, but also personal life. I strongly recommend this class for career advancement and personal enrichment.

By Engin B

The course is challenging one. You need to understand theory of game, statistics etc. The instructor gives his best to explain the theory with the practise. In general its a very good and refreshing one. It gives a new perspective to negotiation with real math terms.