Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

RC

Sep 08, 2015

A superb introduction to negotiation from game theory point of view, which itself is a fascinating subject and taught by Barry nelbuff, a brilliantly simple teacher. read his books and you'll know.

151 - 175 of 467 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Megan M

May 10, 2018

Amazing course! Well organized, keeps you thoroughly invested each week and extremely applicable concepts to everyday life! Thanks Barry

By José C C G

Nov 24, 2016

Excelente curso, por medio de casos prácticos y excelentes docentes logras ver más allá de lo que podría parecer una negociación normal.

By Lourdes A Y

Mar 17, 2017

ES UN CURSO QUE ME OFRECE UN RETO, PUES HE TENIDO QUE VER DOS VECES LOS VIDEOS PARA ENTENDER LOS CONCEPTOS. PERO QUIERO APRENDER!! JEJE

By Luke F

Aug 23, 2016

I'm not done with this course, and I can already review it as EXCELLENT. The Professor is very entertaining, and the content is superb.

By David J M

Aug 03, 2018

Excellent and amazingly enriching course to start negotiations in your professional life. Congratulations to professor Barry Nalebuff.

By Wynn N

Sep 27, 2017

This is a wonderful course with an amazing professor. The content is easy to follow even for people without a background in Business.

By sriram a

Mar 19, 2017

An interesting course with lot of practical tips and an effective peek into the art of Negotiating. Enjoyed the Negotiation exercises

By Enrique L

Sep 03, 2018

Outstanding course, very usefull and interactive. I was able to implement almost inmediately. Very grateful! The best purchase ever.

By Alexander E

Sep 12, 2015

Barry is a great teacher. I have read many of his papers and books, but I never imagine how good and insightful he was as a teacher.

By Nadezhda

May 18, 2018

I loved it!! Excellent teacher, very good material, interesting guests. I would like to take a more profound course in that topic.

By Bohdan B

Aug 28, 2016

It was a great opportunity to study this course, hope it will help me to negotiate my salary :D. Many thanks to Mr. Barry Nalebuff.

By Bennett O

Aug 31, 2015

A very deep thinking course and I am really enjoying it. It has really defeated the thought about negotiation being argumentative.

By Maya R

Aug 02, 2017

Is excellent - rigorous and fun with practical applications, animations and lots of resource materials. Better than my MBA course.

By Aurélio B S

Nov 09, 2015

Um curso muito focado a prática e com informações muito ricas sobre como negociar de forma mais eficiente. Recomendo fortemente!

By Jacopo B

Feb 03, 2020

It is a great course full of useful content. The assignments are also very well made and targeted to the content of the course.

By Wong H Y

Jun 05, 2019

Excellent course to start your journey on becoming a good negotiator. Applicable in professional situations and everyday life!

By Nuno L

Sep 02, 2017

Fantastic course, very interesting perspectives and approach to negotiation mathematics and games. It really worth's the time!

By DIEGO M H

May 28, 2017

El curso fue Excelente. Trato la negociacion de varios angulos, y me agrego mucho valor a mi conocimiento. Lo recomiendo 100%.

By Zene P

Jan 19, 2020

I'm a Realtor from California.

Amazing thru & thru.

I can't wait to use what I learned in my next negotiation.

By Giannis S

Jun 26, 2019

This course can help you to improve your skills and i think is a very important tool for everyone who wants to be successful

By Joice A

Mar 25, 2017

This was a very informative class and I have already applied what I've learned and succeeded in my negotiation in real life!

By HARJOT S

Mar 10, 2017

The course enabled me to learn various aspects of negotiation, especially the pie, how to expand the pie and get your share.

By Jennifer N

Feb 27, 2020

Great class and great use of technology and University resources to bridge the gap between online and classroom experience.

By Santiago W

Feb 06, 2020

Excellent course. Throughout it, I could learn several negotiation principles and strategies in a very dynamic and fun way.

By Son A D

Nov 23, 2015

Prof. NaleBuff is awesome, funny and thorough with his explanation in the course. Challeging so far, but I really enjoy it.