Back to Neural Networks and Deep Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Neural Networks and Deep Learning by DeepLearning.AI

In the first course of the Deep Learning Specialization, you will study the foundational concept of neural networks and deep learning. By the end, you will be familiar with the significant technological trends driving the rise of deep learning; build, train, and apply fully connected deep neural networks; implement efficient (vectorized) neural networks; identify key parameters in a neural network’s architecture; and apply deep learning to your own applications. The Deep Learning Specialization is our foundational program that will help you understand the capabilities, challenges, and consequences of deep learning and prepare you to participate in the development of leading-edge AI technology. It provides a pathway for you to gain the knowledge and skills to apply machine learning to your work, level up your technical career, and take the definitive step in the world of AI....

NL
Oct 3, 2020

This course helps me to understand the basic concept of Deep Learning. However I think this course should include at least 1 week (or 2-3 videos) about math so learners can have a better understanding

AA
Jul 2, 2020

Excellent course !!!\n\nThe flow is perfect and is very easy to understand and follow the course\n\nI loved the simplicity with which Andrew explained the concepts. Great contribution to the community

76 - 100 of 10,000 Reviews for Neural Networks and Deep Learning

By William L K

Sep 6, 2017

Excellent course. Lectures are clear and concise. Professor Ng makes it seem so understandable despite the complexity of actual programming implementation! Assignments are both relatively straightforward (overall concepts) and tricky (keeping track of the matrix manipulations in Python). I don't know how many times I started a programming assignment, hit a wall in terms of programming errors, and came back to it after a time and getting through that error. Persistence, at least for me, was definitely a major component. Well worth the time put in. Looking forward to taking the next class in the sequence.

By Laith M A R

Aug 17, 2018

I am so proud and confident of the things i learned. i never expected to learn this much from an online machine learning course, so many concepts that were vague to me in the past are now Crystal clear, and prof. Andrew does an outstanding explanation for each concept, not to mention that the programming assignments are extremely beneficial and cover every concept explained throughout the videos in a really cool, professional way. This has been only the first course in the deep learning specialization i am currently pursuing, and it made me so much more excited for the upcoming courses! thank you coursera :)

By William M

Sep 4, 2017

I really enjoyed taking this course. I have taken one of Andrew's courses before, and they keep getting better. I have a background in development, and appreciated the use of python over octave. Andrew consistently strives to provide an intuitive feel for the topics he is presenting. The fact that he is able to provide a complex subject in a simple manner speaks to his mastery of the subject.

The course contained a great mix of theory and practical application of those theories. I'm looking forward to the next course.

By John G

Mar 28, 2020

What an amazing course. To be fair, I had completed Dr. Ng's course "Machine Learning" before taking this particular course, so some of the concepts, I was already familiar with. This course, delved deeper into the mathematics of Neural Networks and followed it up with coding assignments in Python. This course has provided a strong foundation for me to continue to build my knowledge base. To anyone interested in Deep Learning, take this course!!!

By Malte B

Apr 8, 2019

Great course to get a practical understanding of (Deep) Neural Networks. I would recommend to take Andrew Ngs "Machine Learning" course (also available on Coursera) beforehand, because the latter is much more rigorous when it comes to matrices operations. Thus it is unfortunately possible to just fill in the provided code in this course but don't really understand what it does.

By Muhammad T

This field of deep learning has always intrigued me and I wanted to study it. My university offered a course, but sadly I couldn't enroll in it. However, thankfully, I got access to this masterpiece and now I can say that by completing course 1, I am pretty confident about neural networks and how to construct one.

Great Couse, and Great Instructor. Would Definitely RECOMMEND!!!

By WALEED E

Dec 16, 2018

This course formed a concrete background in building multi-layers neural network from scratch. The best advantage of this course is I was able to immediately apply the knowledge I gained into real world problem like humanoid navigation towards known targets. Illustration is great in terms of mathematical explanation and coding in a step by step walk through.

By Abdessalem H

Dec 3, 2017

This is one of the courses I enjoyed the most. For someone who has little to no knowledge in calculus and programming, I found the course is well tailored for all kinds of background. The pace is not so fast and Andrew is making it so easy even for beginners to grasp the new jargon and formulae. Thank you Coursera. Thank you Andrew.

By KOTHAPALLI V A S S

Jun 18, 2019

The course gives you very deep intuitions about neural networks and glimpse of deep learning .NO special mathematics course is not required formal understanding of high school calculus is enough .The programming assignment are too good actually they multiply your understanding, you get a feeling of real world application .

By Sreenivas M

Dec 17, 2019

Excellent course to start learning about the basics of deep learning. Not just a simple copy paste cat vs dog classification course. But rather, a proper mathematical understanding of logistic regression, how it can be used as a single layer network to building one hidden layer network to multi layer hidden neural networks.

By Nikhil S

Jan 15, 2020

Neural Networks and deep learning is absolutely a great course for beginners. Those who have interest in this field can go for this course. It will clear all your doubts and you will enjoy this course. It was absolutely helpful for me . It helped me in gaining new skills and expand my knowledge.

By mostafa n

Mar 4, 2020

This course really helped me and gave me new skills by applying my first neural network in very cleared way from prof Andrew ng as usual. big thanks for everyone who worked on this course and helped us to increment our knowledge, i recommend this course to everyone.

By SAGAR B

Sep 10, 2017

A great course to understand basic concepts of Deep Learning. If you are a beginner in Deep Learning and thinking if you should invest your time and money here, don't give a second thought and join right away. Andrew Ng never disappoints!

By Mihai C

Jul 15, 2019

Very well structured, the code is much better than in the Machine Learning course that was initially posted on Coursera, and the use of Python instead of Matlab makes things much easier and friendly for everyone. I really enjoyed it.

By Nguyen V L

Oct 3, 2020

By Andy W

Jun 8, 2020

Good for those who just want an experience with the fundamental processes of NN. I would recommend spending more time reviewing if you are not trying to do an applied version of Neural Networks.

By Atul K A

Jul 3, 2020

Excellent course !!!

The flow is perfect and is very easy to understand and follow the course

By Anjan D

Oct 1, 2017

Excellent course with great assignments. I have learnt from the beginner level in DL. It also helps one to brush up the calculus and linear algebra knowledge very much.

By Kieran S

Oct 22, 2017

Extremely well structured course that gives you good intuition about how deep learning works by starting with simply examples and adding layers of complexity.

By James G

Jan 9, 2019

Great content and pace was more than manageable.

(Unrelated but worth mentioning is that I have found Coursera the platform to be incredibly buggy)

By Rajavel K

Sep 24, 2020

Andrew Ng has the best explanation for neural nets, when compared to so many online resources I have saw upto this time.

By Gurudutt N

Nov 29, 2019

Such a complex subject made look like so simple. Every concept is covered in detail. Thank you Andrew Ng.

By Benito C

Sep 2, 2017

Very hard work in designing the notebooks so the pupils's learning processing is maximized.

By Michelle

Dec 20, 2019

very clearly explained and can't find anything better, loved the intuition part the most.

By Aman K S

Jul 10, 2019

The most comprehensive and illustrative Machine learning course I could get through.