Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 23, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

101 - 125 of 521 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Ignacio C C

Apr 07, 2018

Peggy Mason is exceptional at communicating complex concepts in a simple way. It's the most engaging Coursera course I've done so far!

Despite having no medical background, Peggy made it easy to follow and stay connected. The course was interesting and informative, and she made the links to everyday's life very clear.

By Rümeysa D

Sep 02, 2020

I am very thankful for being able to attend these valuable lectures taught by such an intelligent and powerful person. I hope I will have other opportunities like this to learn more from her in the future. Also, I will keep visiting this brilliant website to improve my skills and knowledge. Thank you for everything!

By AISHWARYA A

Aug 24, 2017

Excellent course. Gave me a good platform to learn the basics of neurobiology. The additional lab videos were fabulous. I totally enjoyed every bit of it. Professor Peggy was amazing, she explained the concepts in such an interesting way with real life examples, that I really enjoyed it. Thank you Prof. Peggy!

By Nicolas Z

Jul 12, 2020

Great course! The 10 weeks fly by as your learn a wide variety of topics with a funny and very smart teacher Peggy Mason. This course is not only for medicine, neuroscience or other majors. It is for anyone who dares to explore the importance of the brain on our daily lives. More than a course, an experience.

By Renugadevi K

May 22, 2020

Prossor peggy mason has done a very wondeful lively lectures which made to understand very clearly. Her teaching style and interest in giving her knowedlege to us is enormous. We can understand her dedication in her lecture. Thanks coursera for giving us the opportunity to meet such a well experienced person

By Hilary V

Apr 24, 2020

Professor Mason enthusiasm and love of her subject radiates through and makes this course such a joy to participate in, she obviously knows her stuff through and through and instills trust in me as a student. I love the balance between imparting facts and then relating them to our day to day life, good job!

By Natalia

Aug 22, 2017

I would love to recommend the course. I enjoyed the course despite it were pretty intense 10 weeks and I had to learn a lot. Of course it's only a beginning and there is an infinite way forward. Professor is making the process very engaging and it's impossible not to fell in love with neurobiology.💛 science

By Anne-Claude G

Jul 20, 2020

It was a very exciting course and I have particularly enjoyed the passion of Prof. Peggy Mason to share her deep knowledge with us. The course is extremely well done. It gives us the basic keys to understand the brain functions and inspires me to go further. Thank you very much for this high quality course.

By Jamie G

Jul 08, 2020

This class was a fun way to approach this subject. The instructor is funny, gives close-up dissections, and lots of real-world examples in colloquial and medical terms that help the learner engage in the study of neurobiology. I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and I hope to continue to study under Dr. Mason.

By FRANCK R S

Mar 12, 2018

This a very fascinating MOOC, Professor Peggy Mason is a great, captivating teacher and a very positive, wonderful human being, sciences and humanity needs more people like Her! One you get this course you will fell in love with Neurobiology , be prepared for that! Thank you Professor for your dedication!

By Alena Z

Absolutely fantastic course ! I loved the Professor Mason, she managed to explain everything in such easy terms. For me it was the first time to deal with the science of neurobiology, and I am happy I have done this course as I have learned so much! Thank you again or providing this wonderful opportunity!

By ANANDITHA M P

Jun 12, 2020

I really enjoyed going through this course. It definitely has increased my understanding of the brain and concepts which were difficult before were explained so well in this course. Above all, Professor Peggy Mason’s teaching is so understandable, easy and enjoyable. Love her passion for neurobiology!!

By Ilya M

Dec 14, 2016

I tried this course for a third time already during last 3 years, and finally I got my first certificate of Neuroscience. I also watch 4 other courses on Coursera. And I think this one is the best start for these who decide to dive into Neuroscience.

Thanks to everyone who made this courser possible!

By Prakash P

Oct 23, 2020

Those who are interested in neuroscience, this is an excellent course which covers many aspects of neurobiology.The special feature of this course is it explains the disordeo and diseases caused by the impairment of CNS or PNS. I will recommend this course who wish to do graduation in neuroscience.

By swati K

Nov 19, 2018

I loved this course and the thoughtful way in which Prof. Peggy has designed and delivered the course. She has provided sufficient links for extra resources and is very lucid in her delivery throughout. Will strongly recommend it to anyone who is intrigued by the mystic ways in which mind works!

By Meidi C

Pr Mason is EXCELLENT!

I really enjoyed this course and could not expected more from it. Everything remained pretty basic in terms of neuro-knowledge in general but it has definitely provided me with fundamentals and has reinforced my interest of this topic.

Thanks Coursera, Thanks Pr P. Mason

By Bryan C S S

Jul 26, 2020

Prof Peggy Mason was passionate about what she teaches. Her ability to link her vast knowledge about Neurobiology to everyday life is a big benefit. As in any online course, this requires commitment. But the benefits start to increase greatly towards the last few weeks, at least for me.

By K. S

Mar 23, 2019

This has been a fantastic course that has completely transformed the way I look at life, and the way I look at others. The passion and the knowledge that Dr. Peggy Mason brought to the classes were amazing. Thank you Dr. Peggy Mason and your team for producing such a remarkable course.

By Himabindu S

Jun 29, 2020

"5 Stars" goes to Professor Peggy Mason's way of explaining such a complex subject in a layman' language for Non-Medicos. The examples, case studies in each of the module were very elaborate and clearly explained. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the 10 weeks course. Thank you so much.

By Brenda J H

Jun 13, 2019

This was a very hard course due to it's many parts. The instructor Dr. Peggy Mason

made it so much easier, because she explains everything so well. II really enjoyed learning .She is

a excellent teacher and she makes it easier to understand. Thank you !!!

Brenda Hill

By mrraulich

Jun 16, 2019

This course helped me understand my memories about the brain stroke my relative had and the problems with voluntary movement and producing language she experienced after that with. I'm excited about all the information about brain structure and functions provided in this course.

By Cassandra M A

Dec 13, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason is a wonderful professor. Her lectures will not just help whomever takes this course understand the neurobiology of the brain better. They will also help people genuinely feel empathy for individuals suffering from neuropsychiatric disorders. Highly recommend!

By Manuel E P

Jul 26, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, I found the lectures stimulating and highly informative! I now see neurobiology in my life more often--I can observe the cerebellar function of cats like never before, and I feel that I now have a good understanding of mammalian neuroanatomy.

By Lara D d G

Jul 12, 2017

Excellent course. The teacher is so passionate about the topic that it makes you want to learn even more. Very well explained, short videos that help you remember the important concepts better and very well picked subjects. I wish there were more Dr. Peggy Masons around!

By John C

Nov 15, 2016

As a retired prof with many years of teaching experience, I can safely say that Peggy Mason is an absolutely masterful teacher. She is passionate about her subject matter and she explains it beautifully. This is the best MOOC course I have taken--and I've had several.