Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 23, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

176 - 200 of 521 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By ANASTASIYA Y

Jun 20, 2020

Thank you so much for the course. It was great, clear and very interesting. Despite the fact that I am an architect, neurobiology really fascinated me and all thanks to you. Thank you for your work.🙏

By Pau F

Mar 23, 2020

By Delilah J L

Feb 25, 2018

This course is challenging and engaging. I enjoy the in video quizzes and the set up of final quizzes really makes you learn the material. Peggy Mason does a great job explaining everything.

Thanks!

By Krishnaveti H

Jul 01, 2020

It was a great learning experience!!! In-depth understanding of brain and its functioning was clearly explained. Brain lab sessions were extremely unique and has added great value to the course!!!

By Diana G P

Jan 17, 2018

It is very interesting and the teacher, Peggy, explains it simply enough to understand this complex subject. I learnt a lot about our brain and its anatomy and functions. I strongly recommend it.

By Ramah G

Aug 07, 2020

It was an excellent course and helped understand a lot about the basics of neurobiology. Although i would have preferred some more technical details but the simplified overview was just as good.

By Malijani T

Mar 07, 2019

Dear Ms. Peggy,

Thank you very much. It is really a great experience and I know so much about myself and other people too. All the best to you and all your love ones.

Best reagrd,

Monica Malijani

By Genavieve J

Jul 29, 2020

Amazing course! I have done a few science related courses on coursera and nothing compares to this one. Very well explained and the professor has an amazing way of teaching. Highly recommend!

By Jeanette H

Jun 11, 2020

Professor Mason's passion for her field is evident and she makes a complex subject accessible to people like me with zero knowledge of the subject. Thoroughly enjoyed the course, thank you.

By Sanhita S

Jul 04, 2020

This course was fantastic and transformative. Studying the brain changes your life, and this course gave me a solid grounding to better understand everything else I learn about the brain.

By Claudia A G Q

Mar 01, 2018

A great experience, so thrilling to understan a bit more about our amazing nervous system and brains! Dr. Mason is wonderful, giving everyday examples so we can all relate and understand.

By Govind P

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent. Passionate teacher, well rounded modules. The way of formulating questions in the weekly exams is sometimes difficult to understand. Could and should be cleared by the authors.

By Amanda P

Aug 19, 2020

Peggy Mason is Awesome! Thank you for your generosity, passion and dedication to helping others understand the brain. I found the course extremely interesting, helpful and valuable!

By Sriranjani M

Great course to understand the brain and its vastness! Thank you, Dr. Peggy Mason, for this excellent course. I highly recommend it for anybody new to the field of the brain sciences.

By Maren M

Professor Peggy Mason is wonderful! The course is extremely manageable, well organized, and incredibly interesting, connecting neurobiology to common and rare medical conditions.

By ABDUL K

Apr 18, 2020

it was overall a best experience to learn this course by Professor Peggy Mason.

I will strongly recommend this high yield course to all those interested in learning neurobiology.

By Jitendra B

Nov 16, 2018

excellent course for every one, good contents on Neurobiology and presentation by professor peggy meson undoubted super, i will recommend one should try for this course. thanks

By Kandoba E A

Jun 11, 2020

Exciting, challenging, and very clear. I was delighted to be taught by Professor Peggy Mason. Very clear explanation, very interesting examples, a lot of additional materials.

By Franklin D S N

Feb 18, 2020

I fully believe that this course helped me to develop new skills in my daily life. it was an update on my future academic life. Since I met this platform, my life has changed.

By Danny B

Jul 07, 2017

This is one of the best courses I have taken in my life. By the way, I am taking it for the second time now to refresh my knowledge in the subject and enjoy it all over again.

By Dalia E S S

Jul 16, 2020

Dr. Peggy Mason is a wonderful teacher, the course is easy to follow and deeply fascinating. Definitely recommend it for anyone interested in learning more about how we work!

By Mmv

May 04, 2020

Fantástico curso!! Se aprende un montón acerca del cerebro, su estructura, funciones, etc. Y fantástica Peggy Mason explicando, se nota que le apasiona su trabajo. Gracias 🙏

By Thomas W S

Nov 20, 2017

Excellent content and a top notch instructor. This course helps the learner understand how the brain processes stimuli and correlates to everyday life. Highly recommended!

By Elise M

Sep 13, 2017

Absolutely excellent course. So very, very well and clearly explained, so interesting, so applicable to what we see around us every day in our own and everyone else's action