Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

VK

Jul 27, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

201 - 225 of 500 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Pam B

Oct 15, 2017

Awesome course. Lots of concepts covered. Will probably review again in a while since I know I will learn even more if I repeat some of the more complex topics.

By Vidur S

May 30, 2017

A great course! Topics are very well explained and answer many fundamental questions about the working of our brain and about diseases and pretty much everything.

By Eric C

Mar 02, 2018

Excellent course! I'm working on machine learning using neural network, and this class provide a fascinating insight into how brain really works. Very inspiring.

By Kenneth B

Jul 31, 2020

The lessons by Prof. Peggy was very engaging and interesting. I learned a lot regarding the neurobiology of life and the brain itself. It was a good experience.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Great! I love the course, Prof. Mason! I really appreciate your way of explaining and visually showing everything! Great to see all written or drawn as well! :)

By João M A T

Dec 14, 2017

What can I say? I never thought I was going to learn neurobiology (or should I say neurology) in such an easy and fun manner. Congrats to Professor Peggy Mason.

By Adrien S

Jul 18, 2020

Truly a perfect learning experience to get you from little to no neurobiological knowledge to a level that prepares you for advanced understanding and studies.

By Bertran C

Nov 01, 2017

Excelente Curso de Formación. Conceptos básicos muy bien enseñados, para todos aquellos que se estén formando en neurociencias, neurología y neuropsicología.

By Tithi B

Aug 21, 2020

It was a beautiful journey with Prof. Peggy Mason. She explained everything so immensely. Just a super interesting course if you can grab all the lectures!!

By Phoebe S

Aug 19, 2019

Very good course! Would recommend to anybody who is interested in the nervous system and neurobiology. It is well taught and not too demanding of your time.

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Elif E

Jun 13, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Jimena J C

Apr 04, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Shreenila V

Jul 02, 2020

Simply amazing! Dr. Peggy Mason is amazing at her work and is amazing at teaching as well! I really recommend this course to those who are interested!

By Donna S

Nov 23, 2016

Masterful teaching. This professor (Peggy Mason) takes complex information and lays it out in a clear, coherent and highly engaging way. Thank you!

By Yukiko M

Jul 25, 2020

This is such an incredible course to learn! Thank you so much for the professor Mason and her team to provide this great opportunity for everyone!

By Попеску Л

Sep 30, 2017

Examples on real brain and the narrative style of the professor made this course the best course I ever attended on coursera.org! Big Thank You!

By Sukanya K

Jul 24, 2020

It's been such a great experience learning from Dr. Peggy Mason. I have surely benefited a lot by choosing this course. Definitely recommended!

By Ruslan C

Sep 25, 2020

It was an exciting journey to the world of Neurobiology! Huge thanks to Prof. P. Mason for the drive, passion, and rich content of the course.

By Dorothy H

Nov 16, 2016

Easy to understand, and a pleasure to watch and listen to. This is a fabulous course to take before taking Duke's medical neuroscience course.

By Adriana B

Feb 07, 2020

Excellent job Dr. Mason! Your love and passion of neurobiology really shows in your teaching. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Krista H

May 05, 2017

I really loved the content and the way it was presented. Perfect starter into this world or refresher if you are familiar with the language.

By Amit A

Jan 28, 2020

Professor Peggy Mason is a great teacher. Her passion for the subject is very evident in all her lectures. I was sad when the course ended.

By Diego

Jul 26, 2020

Este curso realmente es útil como una introducción a la neurobiología, tiene recursos muy interesantes y todas las lecturas son muy amenas