Back to An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing by Copenhagen Business School

How do we make decisions as consumers? What do we pay attention to, and how do our initial responses predict our final choices? To what extent are these processes unconscious and cannot be reflected in overt reports? This course will provide you with an introduction to some of the most basic methods in the emerging fields of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing. You will learn about the methods employed and what they mean. You will learn about the basic brain mechanisms in consumer choice, and how to stay updated on these topics. The course will give an overview of the current and future uses of neuroscience in business....

PL
Jun 23, 2020

This was truly a deep and research-oriented course. This helped me in getting ahead with so much knowledge and skills. Thank you, CBS for coming up with something so creative and innovative like this!

JF
Feb 28, 2021

Enjoyed the challenge [some of it ethical] and the new learning.\n\nWell devised course with interviews from the 'field' to give the real world applications.\n\nThank you for your work Thomas & CBS

26 - 50 of 623 Reviews for An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing

By Konstantinos L

Nov 20, 2016

The course is very interesting. In the beginning it seems a bit heavy with all the neuroscience information and the terminology but as it progresses it gets more and more interesting as it brings it closer to marketing with examples and experts.

Moreover, most of the interviews are very interesting, some are a bit longer than needed and in a couple of cases the sound quality is not so great, mostly due to Skype sound quality, making it a bit hard to listen to,

By Amal S

Nov 22, 2019

The course as a whole has been greatly informative and successful. The greatness varied from the way the course was taught from various interview, case studies, and presentations to the way of explaining and providing the information. Thank you so much to Dr. Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy and to Coursera for providing this amazing course that has elevated our level of understanding towards Neuromarketing!

By Amol T

Apr 23, 2020

An excellent workshop. Highly recommended for anyone interested in influence, bias and emotion in marketing campaigns. I also audited the Copenhagen Business School Neuromarketing Toolbox, which helped, particularly with aspects of the brain. I may even recommend you view that first. But not necessary. I also encourage those interested to look up some of Dr. Ramsoy's video lectures on Google.

By Henry B

Feb 22, 2021

This was a fantastic course, really insightful and mind-opening. I would love to continue to learn more about the field and world of Neuroscience and Neuromarketing. A huge thank you to Coursera, Copenhagen Business School and Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy.

By John F

Mar 1, 2021

Enjoyed the challenge [some of it ethical] and the new learning.

By Dhirendra Y

Jun 26, 2021

Excellent introduction to the field. Couple of video's had poor sound quality. May be those can be rectified for better experiance.

By Nairam H

Feb 7, 2021

Awesome professor. Awesome content. Awesome! Just awesome!

By Mahmoud I A F

Jan 20, 2021

كان مذهلا

By Chris A

Jan 14, 2021

The content given is really interesting and it gives you a good presentation and overview of the topic. It is quiet technical and requires good concentration and motivation. The teacher is a good presenter but I do regret some technical issues (sound quality) with some of the interviews with outside presenters. Some filming techniques made it a bit difficult to hear properly the presentation and the cuts in the videos are a bit disturbing. Lastly, I did pass the grades but was unable to pay to get the course certificate. I was also unable to get in touch wit Coursera to get information on how to do this. Apparently, I was not the only one but no one got a reply. I would really have liked to include this in my social network and professional network profile, so this is kind of frustrating.

By Arlene A

May 19, 2021

During the lecture series, I could already see the application of what I'm learning to my day job as a Strategist

By R4v3nou5

Feb 16, 2021

Not a fan of peer review work

By Anwesha S

May 10, 2021

Thoroughly enjoyed the course. A great initiative by CBS to actually offer a course on Neuromarketing, something that has been less researched upon and is new to the field of Psychology, Economics, Marketing, and ultimately Neuroscience. Coming from a background in Psychology helped me understand the functions of the mind and brain better. I would love to thank Professor Thomas Zoega Ramsoy for taking time out from his busy schedule and preparing a course for us online so that every student in various parts of the World has access to the course. Three specific features of the course caught my attention - 1) Recorded Interview session videos , 2) Presentation slides and explanation for research studies and experiments, and lastly 3) The working of EEG and CT Scans. Literally, nobody has taught me Psychology like this here. We do study brain parts and functions but no professor has shown us a model of the brain to explain the four lobes properly. I would love to see more courses by Dr. Zoega. Beautiful explanation and constant change of background kept me going at all times. Thank you for providing us with materials that we could download and refer to later as well. Research is something I like above everything and this course has explained almost every famous research study done on the topic. This was my first course on Coursera and I would love to do more! Looking forward to seeing Dr. Zoega once again in a new course. Thank you.

By Esin K G

Dec 27, 2020

I think it was very good course to get in deep to neuromarketing but I think it is above the beginner level. I have bachelor degree in psychology so terminology was familiar to me, however a person who has Business background might think that the course is a little difficult to understand. However, Mr. Thomas was great instructor, his english was very clear and easy to understand for me. There were interviews and different researches to consolidate the main topic. Also, Mr. Thomas's book as a resource to course is very deep and detailed, I will definetely work on it. I am glad to have this course, it was a great step for me to make my decision about my career path. Thanks to everyone who put their labor to prepare this course.

By Priya P

Oct 12, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed learning about consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing through this course taught by Professor Thomas Ramsoy. Often throughout the six-week course, topics that are usually difficult to comprehend were condensed into simple terminology, along with images, weekly readings, and, of course, video explanations. Overall, personally, this course sparked an interest within me to further study the relatively emerging and growing field of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing through higher education; I highly recommend this course to any individual curious about this fascinating field of study.

By Proma N

Mar 25, 2021

This course went above and beyond than I had expected. Right from the theory part of it to applications and detailed interviews with industry experts opened up a whole new world in front of me. I did not just learn about the brain, but also how it works when consumers think about brands or products consciously or subconsciously. I will be revisiting the course soon, as this is not something that's just done and dusted. And of course, I would like to extend special thanks to Prof. Thomas Ramsøy for creating such an impeccable virtual course on such a complex subject.

By Banu D K

Sep 2, 2020

I have really enjoyed the course and am so glad to take it. I have gained insight into neuroscience and consumer behavior, which not only strengthened my marketing skills by giving me a different perspective but also helped me during my research thesis. Moreover, I want to thank the instructor. He has explained the subject both in academic and in practical matters, which was helpful to understand the content of neuroscience and its areas of usage completely.

By Sagar S K

Jun 22, 2021

Thank you Professor Thomas, thank you Copenhagen Business School and thank you Coursera. I honestly feel that this and future courses on Neuromarketing should be made more engaging and relevant to the students who do not come from a medical or science background. Professor Dalia's short explanation in the video was refreshing, insightful, relevant and easy to understand. Thank you.

By A S

Apr 25, 2020

Very interesting, challenging course, but conducted in a very simple language to help even a novice to understand the neuro marketing. consumer behaviour has always been understood through traditional market survey, questionnaire and interview. Neuro marketing can help to understand human brain better and position the brand in the minds of a consumers to get repeat purchasers.

By kellynjude A

May 31, 2019

This has been an interesting course which has broadened my knowledge in the area of consumer behavior when the principles of neuroscience is applied to Marketing . The application of this knowledge in my opinion is not limited to Marketing,.I believe it can also be applied in other fields where the need for Brand preference is desired such as 'Human Resources. Management'.

By Blanca G C

May 3, 2020

Un curso muy interesante! El profesor explica fenomenal, de manera muy clara y directa. Aunque es verdad que si no tienes conocimientos previos de neurociencia es un poquito complicado pero nada que no pueda solucionarse con google. Yo estudié económicas y he sacado sobresaliente en el curso.

Muy contenta con todo lo aprendido y con el certificado! Lo recomiendo al 100%!

By Priya N

Apr 3, 2021

I am an MBA student. I have been learning consumer behavior with the help of this course I could deeply understand the basic functioning of our brain and its responses. This course structured very well for beginners. This course increases my level from basic neurosciences to neuromarketing concepts. Research studies and interviews add experiential points to this course.

By Sarah G

Dec 14, 2019

I found this course to be a great introduction to both Neuroscience and Neuromarketing. I come from a brand strategy background and found this knowledge was something I could use in my day-to-day work as well as learning heaps of new things along the way. Highly recommend for anyone passionate about marketing who is looking at upskilling or diversifying their skillset.

By DEVIDUTTA M

May 27, 2021

This is a fabulous course. Dr Ramsoy is an amazing instructor. The amount knowledge in form of research papers, reading materials, and interviews with practitioners along with simplified explanations by Dr Ramsoy makes this course invaluable. Thank you Dr Ramsoy, and the entire team of CBS for introducing students like me to the fascinating field of Neuromarketing.

By Andreas K

This course is ideal to introduce the basics of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing to people who inted to pursue career within this domain. It provides both theoretical background but also this is accompanied with specific examples to give a more comprehensive view on each subject. I would reccomend it as a solid start within this field.

By Siya A

Apr 23, 2020

Absolutely loved the content of this course! It's really up to you how deep you'd like to get into the readings - you can easily get through the quizzes just by listening to the lecture videos, however, the readings really provide an in-depth view of the questions that arise from the lectures. Would recommend and thoroughly enjoyed this course!