Back to Fundamental Neuroscience for Neuroimaging

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamental Neuroscience for Neuroimaging by Johns Hopkins University

Neuroimaging methods are used with increasing frequency in clinical practice and basic research. Designed for students and professionals, this course will introduce the basic principles of neuroimaging methods as applied to human subjects research and introduce the neuroscience concepts and terminology necessary for a basic understanding of neuroimaging applications. Topics include the history of neuroimaging, an introduction to neuroimaging physics and image formation, as well as an overview of different neuroimaging applications, including functional MRI, diffusion tensor imaging, magnetic resonance spectroscopy, perfusion imaging, and positron emission tomography imaging. Each will be reviewed in the context of their specific methods, source of signal, goals, and limitations. The course will also introduce basic neuroscience concepts necessary to understand the implementation of neuroimaging methods, including structural and functional human neuroanatomy, cognitive domains, and experimental design....

JJ
Aug 3, 2020

I plan to take Radiology Tech in college and I believe this online course is a great way to learn the basics and I also think that it is a good refresher for those who already took Neuroscience.

CB
Jun 17, 2020

I found this course really useful for mi master thesis. I'm a Meng student and I'll work with MRI. This course provides to me with the basics to understand how the brain and neuroimaging work.

51 - 75 of 410 Reviews for Fundamental Neuroscience for Neuroimaging

By es138406

Feb 25, 2018

Great course! I have a background in neuropsychology this course refreshed some of my knowledge as well as taught me new information. I wish I had taken this earlier it would have been helpful prior to starting fMRI research studies.

By Jefry X M Q

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity that grave me to take this course, which personally I learned a lot about this subject of paramount importance in medicine and in neuroscience research. I hope they keep doing more course like this. man

By Vinay S

Nov 16, 2020

This course is just perfect in terms of difficulty: a bit challenging for students who are not familiar with MRI and a good refresher course for those who have studied MRI during their coursework and want to review the basics.

By Frank Y

Jun 5, 2018

An excellent and concise introduction to what, why, and how neuroimaging works. The course also informs learners with little prior knowledge of neuroscience of everything required to understand the basics of neuroimaging.

By Brandon H

Apr 15, 2018

I appreciate this course for it really provides me something useful for my understanding of neuroimging principles and methods, and even more than that. I am looking forward to more courses in the field of neuroscience.

By Sabine B

May 5, 2020

The topic was made very accessible by using plenty of slides and examples. I really enjoyed it. It also helped that the spoken language was clear and easy to understand. It covered all the basics that I was after!

By Kunal A

Jul 4, 2020

This course is perfect for a person having no knowledge of neuroscience but having full interest in the field. It has covered every aspect of neuroimaging at the fundamental level and thus is highly recommended.

By Divina L

This course has been delightful. I learned a lot in a short time regarding the basic of neuroscience for neuroimaging. I am sure what i learn in this course can help me in my daily life as a medical student

By Salasiah B A

Jun 18, 2020

I learned a lot and I LOVE it so much. Thanks to Coursera and to my lecturer. I appreciate so much the certificate from this course because I believe its something that will be useful for my future career.

By Oliver S

Jun 3, 2020

An excellent course that clearly introduces the student to the basics of neuroimaging across the range of common imaging modalities... MRI, fMRI, MRS, functional connectivity/resting state fMRI, DTI etc.

By Julián A T V

May 23, 2019

I am very grateful for the course, is excellent, i learned very much,was very interesting. thank you very much to Doctor Arnold Bakker, Coursera and Johns Hopkins University. Thank you very much.

By Javier O G

Mar 27, 2020

This course is a good introduction to anybody who wants to initiate in the field of Neuroimaging. Especially as complement of formal studies in Degree or Master Degree students. Too recommended!

By Azar H

Aug 1, 2021

Dear Professor Bakker, Thank you very much for the course. I enjoyed every minute of your lecture as well as your marvelous sense of humor. And please give my best regards. Azar Hosseininezhad

By Cristian B

Jun 18, 2020

By ‍조우성(학부학생/공과대학 화

Feb 14, 2021

I can get the introduction of the main topics about neuroimaing from this course. Now I want to learn more about specific topic. This course is good to have a glimpse about neuroimaging.

By Margarida F

May 29, 2021

Thank you very much for giving the basic knowledge I needed. I loved the course. I would have liked if you had given some articles to read and help me studying after the video-lessons.

By JesTerieuz H

I recently completed an internship in a pediatric radiology lab in the DC Metro area. This course was great supplement to the knowledge received during that experience. Thank you!

By Ijlal H

Apr 8, 2019

I am an engineering graduate and wanted to learn fundamentals of Neuroscience for Neuroimaging studies. This course helped me a lot, highly recommended as an introductory course.

By Bushra K

May 7, 2020

I learn alot from this course those researcher or scholer must do this course for updates thier knowledge.Professor well explained about all.Thank you Professor and coursera.

By Dadarkforce

Dec 26, 2017

Enjoyable, sweet and to the point. Though, a bit too fast. Thankfully, the video medium accommodates for that with play-speed modification. Learned a lot of new information

By Juan M G R

Sep 7, 2020

Excelente curso que te enseña desde los conceptos más basicos de las neurociencias y las neuroimágenes, hasta sus aplicaciones en el campo de la investigación y la clínica.

By Jamie H

Jun 2, 2020

Brilliant course, it has been complimentary towards my masters dissertation of studying neurocriminology within the UK. Thank you for providing an informative course.

By Zubkova M

Jun 25, 2019

Well-structured, all the necessary information, easy to understand for non-native English speakers, tasks and quizzes help to improve the understanding of the course.

By Samira H

Jul 4, 2021

Dr Arnold has explained basics of neuroimaging in a very lively and easy way which helped me to grasp the ideas behind the physics and use of MRI, fMRI, MRS, DTI etc

By Sharnya G

Dec 7, 2020

This is a great course for beginners like me, and the assignments were a good mix of easy and challenging ones. I am looking forward to taking the next few courses!