Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR
Apr 28, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

B
Jun 15, 2020

The course is really helpful for me, though it was quite hard because of my english level. i will totally advice it for my friends and also it is a big contribution to my practice as a Health Coach

126 - 150 of 545 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By Ananya G

Jun 23, 2020

This course has been wonderful. I have learned so much and faculty is phenomenal.

Thank you to the whole team of this course.

By samah s s h

Dec 1, 2019

perfect course for obstetrics who want to enrol nutrition in their practice ...refrances are great ...I really enjoyed it !

By Sairamnath A

Oct 17, 2019

Opened a new gamut of learning for me. Very good course. Highly recommended for all people who are interested in nutrition

By Shelby M

May 5, 2018

very informative and engaging. Clear instruction. Tests adequately ensured retention of material. Just challenging enough.

By Mercedes M L -

Oct 27, 2020

excelente curso, me ayudo a repasar conceptos y a incorporar nuevos. Muy bueno, bien explicado y de fácil interpretación.

By Natalija T

Dec 23, 2017

I'm so grateful for this course !! Its very sophisticated and excellent for develop the previous knowledge !! THANKS !!!

By Jan K

Feb 5, 2021

I wish the course elaborated on the bioavailability of folate vs. folic acid, but otherwise it was an excellent course.

By Evagelia P

Feb 17, 2019

Fantastic course, deserves the highest 5stars evaluation. I m grateful for all this updated deep knowledge on the field

By Jimena P

Jul 12, 2020

Excellent course for students in the healthcare area that want to reinforce knowledge on pre-conception and pregnancy.

By Reynaldo L M J

Nov 29, 2020

This is a good course. Got to know the basics in pregnancy, the right food that should be taken, exercise and myths.

By Amina F

Apr 22, 2020

Amazing course to learn about supplements, and nutrition requirements during this critical period.

Thank you so much!

By Abaidulova D

Nov 28, 2020

Спасибо за курс! Было много полезной информации теоретической. Но хотелось бы еще больше практических рекомендаций.

By Graziela H d S

Aug 16, 2020

Very important and relevant information for pregnant woman regarding the nutrition and health aspects of pregnancy.

By Irene T

Apr 8, 2019

Really useful class on what foods to consume / avoid; I'd love to see more pregnancy-related courses being offered!

By Ana L D

Jul 3, 2020

I am a nutritionist and the course was excellent for updating my knowledge in the area of maternal and child care.

By Bhakti S

Jun 6, 2020

It is a very good course. I like the content of this course and it will definitely help me for my future startup.

By Sixtus A

Jan 30, 2019

It was very useful learning experience for me and the material supplies were very helpful in learning the course.

By Elizabeth R

Aug 18, 2018

This was my first course on coursera and it was easy to understand and I can honestly recommendd this to anyone.

By Macarena P M

Aug 18, 2020

Very nice and interesting course. Widely backed up with up to date information and studies. Really recommended!

By Marta J S

Jun 19, 2020

Very complete and complex course. Especially nutrition part was covered in very detailed way. Very recommended.

By Luvia L G A

Jul 16, 2017

The course was understandable, very interesting, light, thanks to all crew for sharing knowledge.........Luvia.

By Anu N

Apr 3, 2020

Important, evidence-based information explained in a simple way that makes it easy to understand and remember.

By Lovepreet k

Jul 28, 2020

Very useful course to learn pregnancy disease , nutrition intake , child development, and interesting course.

By Macarena R C

Jul 17, 2020

Its a bit hard to follow if you are not a health related professional, but its really useful and interesting!