Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE
Jan 21, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

101 - 125 of 1,290 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Roger W B

Jan 10, 2020

I enjoyed following the course, learning about the importance of the oil and gas industry, and gaining an insight into oil and gas production operations. It is a fascinating subject and I shall undoubtedly using the knowledge I have gained in this course to continue my journey in the energy industries.

By prudhvi

Jul 14, 2017

Though i could not complete the course with in stipulated time, I've watched all the videos and liked them very much.

From my Understanding, there are very oil&gas related courses available in this platform.I'd like to see few more courses related to Oil& gas or process/petroleum engineers.

regards,

sai

By vijay k

Jul 20, 2018

Overall experience is good. I am very happy with content of the course it started from the finding the oil and ends at deliver stage. The course covered both technical and economical factor of this topic. I would like to thank you Coursera team and professor who taught us in very understandable way.

By Harsh T

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for learning about how oil and gas reserves explored,developed and produced.This course also shows the future aspects in place of crude oil and gas for extraction of petrol, diesel and natural gas.It also helps in knowing that which factors make the price of oil and gas.

By Muhammad N B M

Jul 9, 2018

Highly recommend for any geology/geophysics students in their first or second year of their studies. This opened up my mind on how important our job in exploration and how oil and gas affect our colleagues and other individuals outside industry (engineers, shipping merchants, catering, medical etc)

By Charles V J

Apr 18, 2020

The Course gives really a good insight about oil and gas operations and markets, the content is sincerely appreciable the way it covers every aspects. Thank you for organizing such an excellent course which is essential for a young ambitious students who want to build their career in this industry

By Fanie T T

Jul 5, 2020

The course is really relevant and more practical about the oil and gas industry. The content is straightforward and absolutely great lecturer . I would suggest that the lecture slides with information are provided because I'm really not a visual person, I found studying with videos challenging.

By Mohamed A M H A

Oct 19, 2020

I'd like to thanks all, It was really a great experience that helped me a lot in my advanced career levels positively, so proud of this course that has opened so many career doors for me and gained a new technical skills effectively with my personal goals in the future advanced stages.

By Mohamed H

Feb 9, 2021

I really see that this course offers a comprehensive understanding of all that any student/engineer wants to know about oil and gas market, processes are held to extract it, how they are delivered, and everything.

I already recommended this course to my classmates.

Thanks so much all

By Yasmin A

Nov 21, 2020

This course is well rounded and easy to follow through. I highly recommended it to get an overall comprehensive outlook of the industry, while getting the key insights. The professor is also very talented at conveying the information, and made the course very interesting and fun!

By Pedro D L

Mar 5, 2019

Amazing course, really complete and large content is approached, i am a Geology student in Brazil and i could learn a few new subjects about my area, mostly in the beginning of the program, however, didn't know many things. A lot to learn! Good videos and class material!

By Eloka

Jun 17, 2020

It’s has provided good foundation about the oil and gas. I learnt a lot on the basics of oil and gas from what is made of to exploration, processing, pricing and marketing. Also giving me the leap to focus on the particular section I want to focus on and apply for jobs.

By Satheesh K

Mar 11, 2016

Its one of the Excellent source for the Beginners. I really enjoyed this course. The way Prof. Lincoln take the class, his lucid flow of teaching and his up to date statistics make the course more exciting

I love this course. Hope you people will also experience the same

By Paul J W

Mar 1, 2019

It was awesome from start to finish. This course has helped in greatly increasing my knowledge about the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets. I also enjoyed every lecture to a satisfactory level and am also grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this

By Satchit N

Apr 26, 2020

This was my first course on Coursera and I'm really happy about taking it up. The knowledge I gained in these two weeks by our professors of Duke University helped me in deciding my future and truly understanding the Oil & Gas Industry and how it functions. Thank You.

By victor a

Aug 20, 2018

After intensive tutorial videos , the time spent was worth it as it has given me key insights into the operations of this cardinal industry. My appreciation to professor Lincoln pratson and the Coursera team for their effort in putting this wonderful course together.

By Joji F

Apr 24, 2020

The Course is very useful for both professionals working in oil and gas and for those who wish to join the oil and gas industry. the presentations style is simple and easy to understand. the course is divided to multiple topics and can be taken at your desired time.

By Rishabh S

Feb 12, 2018

Excellent Course!!! If you recently joined an Oil and Gas company , and don't know the functioning of Oil and gas companies, it's a good course for you.

Good basic understanding of upstream, mid stream ,down stream sector, Economics and Price variation of crude oil.

By YAMEOGO S

Jul 20, 2020

Je suis issu ingénieur géologue mais ce cours en plus de me permettre de réviser certains concepts de géologie, m'a donné vraiment des solides connaissances sur Comment fonctionne le marché pétrolier et les cours du pétrole et tout ce qui est lié au market oil.

By Oleksii A

Apr 20, 2020

It was amazing time completing this course! It gives a good overview of the Oil&Gas industry as for beginner. Especially the finish work is very cleverly invented. It gives a good opportunity to uncover more about different companies and industry on the whole.

By NIRANJAN P

Jan 10, 2019

The course has been aptly design to give an overview about how the oil and gas industry operates. Anybody starting a career in oil and gas industry can go through this course to have insight about how the energy business of this particular segment is executed.

By Saqalain H

Oct 1, 2020

This is a great course . It is a concise overview of the oil and gas industry operations and markets. By the end of the course, one will have a fair knowledge of exploration and production as well as the market prices and distribution of hydrocarbon products.

By SAMAN F

Jun 24, 2020

The course is highly informative and appropriate for introducing the Oil and Gas industry for beginners. Mr. Pratson has done an amazing job on the content of the course. The quizzes and assignments are well focused. This was fun and the easiest way to learn.

By تركي ا

Sep 2, 2020

Many thanks. It was an intresting course and beneficial to understand the oil & gas industry and how it operates. But I have one note. Please add a list of definitions. It helps a lot to help to memorize information and improves understanding for all terms.

By Luisa A T C

Sep 7, 2017

El curso fue muy interesante y educativo, explica a grandes rasgos cada una de las etapas en la cadena de valor de la industria petrolera, las tareas complementan de forma adecuada lo que se expica en los videos. Es un curso que vale mucho la pena. Gracias.