Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK
May 9, 2020

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

226 - 250 of 1,289 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Denis T

Oct 3, 2019

A very good and succinct introduction to the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry. The lecturer is a fantastic teacher with a very good manner of presentation and attitude.

By Salisu u f

The course was self explanatory and well understood, help me bridges some gaps in my academic background. Kudos to cousera for bringing this amazing instructor on board.

By Maaz k

May 16, 2020

This course is splendid it covering all factors related to oil and gas generation,operations and marketing.Thanks Lincoln pratson,sir you are great,I love from Pakistan.

By منوعات

Nov 15, 2020

I thank Coursera for providing such great content in the oil and gas industry. Finally, I would like to thank Professor Lincoln Partson for this wonderful explanation.

By J. D G

Aug 18, 2020

I loved it and believe everyone should take this course to get a snapshot about global demand and how the oil & gas industry works. Great professor and great slides.

By Andrés M A R

Jul 20, 2020

Very complete explanation fo all activies in the hydrocarbon industry chain. And very focused in the interpretation of the markets avalible of it's commercialization.

By Makok M T

Mar 26, 2021

as a petroleum engineer with 12 years of expertise I must admit that I learned so many new things here, really appreciate the efforts made to make this great course

By Shadab h

Nov 7, 2019

I'm very happy to get a certificate from courseera and I'm very thankful to course era and professor Lincoln pratson of duke university to share a knowledge with us

By Zulfiqar A

Apr 17, 2019

Short and concise but thoroughly encompassing every aspect of Oil and Gas Industry.

Highly recommended for those who want to get an overview of Oil and gas industryl

By mostafa k

Dec 8, 2018

It helped me a lot to have a great experience into the field of Oil & Gas Industry. I am really sure that, it would be helpful to anyone to have a course like this.

By Joaquin G L

Mar 14, 2018

Everything is perfectly explained from the start and all the content material allow you to get a perfect idea on this market, even if you haven't any previous idea.

By Haroon A

Apr 11, 2021

Very very inspirational course and I've really enjoyed it even first time in my life concerning to oil and gas fields. Thanks to Duke and especially to my mentors.

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

A very important and valuable course for all the budding chemical engineers in the world. request all the chemical engineers to study this course and get knowledge

By Isuru A

Jun 2, 2020

I encourage my geological knowledge . I can identify the problems in the oil and gas industry . Now i know the how to product and cost of the producing oil and gas

By Sanwal G

Apr 13, 2020

The course is very beneficial for those who wants to understand the basic operations of oil and gas exploration, its processing and marketing all around the world.

By Denise G

Aug 11, 2020

Especially appreciated the downloadable slides and the very clear information (including a detailed marking scheme) given for the project component of the course.

By Zain N

Oct 5, 2020

Lincoln Pratson did an excellent job in explaining the material. Living in Texas, this course really gave me some insight on the most important industry we have.

By Tullaya A

Jun 18, 2020

I already got lots of information in oil and gas industries and saw in another vision in this field but I got some of the reviews in peers' assignment is biased.

By Jairo H

May 7, 2020

A very useful course for those who want to gain a better understanding of the oil and gas industry. I highly recommend it for those who want to learn the basics

By Chris G

Aug 27, 2020

Wow! This is great, indeed great. I've been so enlightened, this course has given me thorough knowledge of oil and gas operations. I can take a step from here.

By Pedro M

Jul 11, 2020

Well-structured, easy to follow and with general information about the Oil and Gas Industry. I had no previous knowledge in the field and I enjoyed the course.

By Felipe B

Jun 20, 2020

Good approaching to oil & gas unit operations and market. May be, it will be a good idea to generate more courses with specific topic related to this industry.

By ASHIVKUMAR P

Hii , my name is Ashiv Patel and I have come this course.I have gained many skills and knowledge about oil and gas .overall this course is too much beneficial.

By ABID H R

Jan 6, 2020

The professor is very good and his lessons seem to like hearing tales about the mysterious and wonderful works of mankind to maintain their life in this world.

By Romain d S

Strong course made by an outstanding teacher encompassing all the aspects of the O&G value chain. The course follows a clear path and isn't simplistic at all.