Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK
May 9, 2020

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

76 - 100 of 1,198 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By RADEN G R D W

Sep 24, 2020

Coursera oil and gas are very fun and adds to my knowledge as a chemical engineering student at one of the Parahyangan Catholic Universities. The material and delivery are easy to understand, besides that the material presented is quite complete and includes a pdf so that if one day is needed, you can read and re-read the pdf. Thanks, Duke University.

By Alfredo L A d l C

Jun 3, 2020

An excellent course, each topic is presented with great examples and a very good way to get to the point for a very big industry such as O&G. The quality of the videos and the professor's explanations make it so easy to understand each section. I highly recommend this course, even for experienced O&G professionals who wants to improve their knowledge.

By Devesh B

Jul 23, 2019

Each and every basic details, I felt, were covered i this course by Prof. Lincoln. All you need to know about oil and gas industry in here. Even if you know things about oil and gas sector, I assure you that you won't return with no knowledge acquired from this course. A great and well structured course, I am happy I learned a lot from this course.

By Do H A

Jun 8, 2020

Highly recommend for you guys. This course not only focuses on overall technical of upstream, midstream and downstream sector of Oil and Gas Industry but also presenting its valuable commercial knowledge . I surely recall what I learned before and broaden my horizon. Thank you very much, Duke University and Mr. Lincoln for providing this Course.

By DANIEL I

Feb 21, 2020

I first of all want to thank the Management of Duke University for this privilege of learning. It's been an amazing time with Professor Lincoln Praston. I have learned and have gained knowledge in this field and i look forward to impact positively all that I have learned to the growth of the Oil & Gas Industry at large.

Thank You Coursera!!!!!!!

By Abdulganiyu Z

Sep 16, 2019

Am thankful for the opportunity given to me, the course was enlighten i got to understand how the oil and gas industry operate from the upstream, downstream, and midstream. I want to appreciate my lecture Mr. Lincoln Pratson and coursera for there support when i failed my first assignment i got encourage email not to give up.

By SAJJAD A

Nov 14, 2019

The course was very informative and i learned a lot new things which will help me in future and simply the coursera is a phenomenal learning site and specially offer me financial aid Thanks a lot. The Teachers are very talented and full of knowledge very cooperative and also thanks to Duke University for providing such a enrich courses.

By solomon O

Jul 31, 2020

This is an amazing course! For someone like me with art background in the Arts, Prof. Pratson's teachings did good job in presenting the course contents in an easy to grasp manner. Definitely, my renewed understanding of the O&G sector will help in my job as a journalist and an assistant editor in Nigeria. Kudos to Duke University!

By THIAGO R S

Jul 12, 2020

This course provides a very good opportunity to understand at least the minimum about oil and gas operations and the market. Even with my specific formation related to oil and gas and my experience working at this market I could learn new things and enjoy the time spent watching the classes.

Thank you professor Lincoln Pratson!

By RAMON R

Excellent course that gives us an overview, starting from the exploration of areas with possible hydrocarbon accumulations, the reservoir analysis process, the drilling and putting into production of the field, the treatment and distribution of oil and gas products and the sale of these derivatives that make the world progress.

By Srimali M

Oct 30, 2020

Actually, this is my first experience of following an online course with a foreign university. The Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets course is a very interesting as well as valuable course. The content as well as the Mr. Lincoln's teaching skills pretty much helped me to complete the course successfully. Thank you !

By Ilgiz D

May 10, 2017

The course helped me deeper understand the specifics of the Oil&Gas Industry, its processes and other crucial things. In addition, the way of presenting lectures is pretty precise and clear. The course would be quite useful for those who is seeking for knowledge both in Petroleum Engineering and Petroleum Economics.

By Eirini D

Aug 31, 2019

The course gives a lot of information that cant be found all together in any other source. The learning objects are presented as smooth as possible and since it is a 2 week course you don't get tiered of it. I liked it a lot and I will sure go through it again to be more comfortable with all the new info I learned.

By Seng Y G

Jun 7, 2020

The course provides good fundamental understanding of the petroleum industry in a broad range of topics including reserve classification, petroleum economics, oil & gas formation 101, etc. to participants with no geology or engineering background. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in the said topics.

By RITU R K

May 5, 2020

First of all a BIG THANK YOU to Prof. LINCOLN PRATSON. He has given lots of information and Knowledge which is helpful for Grab a job in my Placements. Thank You to coursera for providing Such a easy way of getting knowledge and improve your Skills. Thanks to my college Also for providing free Access of coursera.

By Mavi P O

It was an amazing course, it took me back to university days when I learnt about crude oil from it's formation to its processing. Now the best part of the course for me was the market aspect of it. I can categorically say the market aspect of oil and gas is extremely important in comparison to the exploration.

By Arpit S

Aug 2, 2020

It gives a perfect overview of the Oil and Gas Industry environment right from exploration to the market aspect, its a good course for anyone who is working in this industry or aspires to enter into this field. This course can also help research and consulting groups employees too in understanding this space

By John K H

Mar 12, 2016

Very informative short programme which has updated my overview of the industry - at present, I don't intend to do the final project as I have no need for a certificate - it would have been nice just to get a statement of accomplishment. Sessions were well structured and presented v clearly - many thanks!!

By Deepak C

Jun 25, 2020

Course is exceptionally well designed that makes so informative,and knowledgeable aspects with altogether with true exposure needed for beginner of oil and gas industry.It gives us mainstream of establishing oil and gas company for which it should be looking for and gives background about their markets.

By Hozan H M

Jul 15, 2019

Great Job From The lecturer, and it was an advanced course for someone who not worked in Oil & Gas Fields.

However with 3 years of my experience in OIL & Gas Fields, it was gave me a very beneficial Informations.

Recommend to everyone who participating in this field or Business to take this course.

regards.

By Roger W B

Jan 10, 2020

I enjoyed following the course, learning about the importance of the oil and gas industry, and gaining an insight into oil and gas production operations. It is a fascinating subject and I shall undoubtedly using the knowledge I have gained in this course to continue my journey in the energy industries.

By prudhvi

Jul 14, 2017

Though i could not complete the course with in stipulated time, I've watched all the videos and liked them very much.

From my Understanding, there are very oil&gas related courses available in this platform.I'd like to see few more courses related to Oil& gas or process/petroleum engineers.

regards,

sai

By Vijay V K

Jul 20, 2018

Overall experience is good. I am very happy with content of the course it started from the finding the oil and ends at deliver stage. The course covered both technical and economical factor of this topic. I would like to thank you Coursera team and professor who taught us in very understandable way.

By Harsh T

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for learning about how oil and gas reserves explored,developed and produced.This course also shows the future aspects in place of crude oil and gas for extraction of petrol, diesel and natural gas.It also helps in knowing that which factors make the price of oil and gas.

By Muhammad N B M

Jul 9, 2018

Highly recommend for any geology/geophysics students in their first or second year of their studies. This opened up my mind on how important our job in exploration and how oil and gas affect our colleagues and other individuals outside industry (engineers, shipping merchants, catering, medical etc)