Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

DD

May 14, 2019

Very rich and informative course. This course provides an exhaustive introduction towards the Oil and Gas market, it covers all the factors and parameters with great detail. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

LC

Dec 02, 2017

I was very happy with this course. Gave me a good insight into the business side of things in O&G. Strongly recommended if you want to find out a little bit about O&G and are new to the industry.

376 - 400 of 411 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Ansuman P

Nov 02, 2017

Thanks for the industry perspective and the end assignments really had to be the best.

By PANAGIOTA I

May 06, 2018

Very good material but i would like to see more info. It would be better if the course had more weeks

By Taufan t m

Dec 24, 2016

i hope i can get scholarship and get a better job after complete this course

By Qiumei Z

Aug 21, 2017

Nice course for people who want to have a overview of oil and gas industry from upstream to downstream business.

By Norma G G

Jan 08, 2017

Very good course, help me to complement my learning in English

By Ayman M

Feb 21, 2017

Great Course!

I would prefer if it contains more demonstrative slides and reading materials, so it would be easier to absorb these interesting information.

By Hafiz H A

Dec 27, 2016

good

By LU Z

Feb 24, 2017

wonderful course, systematically cover the flow chart of the O&Gd industrial, with analysis of details !!!! basically the course make me procure a whole picture of this industrial and specific rules underlying in it.But the it maybe dull a little bit if you are not interested in this topic.

By T M M

Feb 12, 2017

Course goes through basics of Upstream Midstream and Downstream oil and gas industries also its Markets.

By Anna Z

Jul 03, 2018

Unclear pronouncement of many words. This is compensated by subtitles.

By Juan P C

Aug 14, 2017

highly recommendable, it allows you to have an overall view of the industry

By Gregory B

Mar 16, 2018

add more course on the same field

By Ismael M e i

Oct 30, 2017

great

By Rolman F R L

Jun 05, 2018

Great Course for Veterans and Newcomers to the Oil and Gas Industry. Highly Recommended.

By Johnson O

Sep 28, 2017

The course have been a eye opening to all aspects of the oil and gas industry and it will help my career growth.

By Stephen M L R

Nov 10, 2017

it is a very nice course. I would like to encourage everyone to take this course

By Shivanshu S

Jul 08, 2017

It is really a very good course, especially for someone like me who is a still a sophomore in petroleum engineering and would love to know about the intricacies of the industry of which he is going to be a part in the near future.

By Ali F

May 23, 2017

This is a wonderful course

By Kylie P

Feb 22, 2018

This course was very informational. I learned a lot about the oil and gas industry. It was easy to follow and sufficient for understanding key concepts. However, I had a big issue with the final assignment. I submitted it three times. Since it's peer graded it caused quite a lot of trouble. I had some people rate me poorly- by saying I didn't include certain information, when I know that I included all required information. I think that the people reading my submission either didn't comprehend the information, or blatantly didn't read it. This caused me to fail and need to submit a second time. At the time of the second submission my computer glitched and didn't send in the document in pdf form. Three of the four students rated the assignment highly- one student rated it all 0s because it wasn't in pdf format causing me to fail a second time. I've now submitted it a third and am hoping for it to be accepted... Overall it has been very frustrating. Good content. Frustrating final assignment that you NEED to pass to earn your certificate.

By Okpako E

Sep 27, 2018

Very insightful. Introduced me to the basics of the oil and gas industry having no experience at all at the beginning

By Imtiaz A

Oct 31, 2018

This is the best course for someone in oil/gas industry. This course only clear basic operations of oil/gas industry but also gives you fundamental knowledge about Oil/gas industry marketing.

By Hussien S

Aug 01, 2018

actually this module covers most common points in oil and gas industry and touches each side in that sector..good work

By Maria W O

Aug 05, 2018

This course gives a nice insight into the oil and gas industry, even if the student has no prior experience with it. However, the focus on the US was a bit redundant at times.

By Khushi J

Aug 06, 2018

Learned a lot! Great experience

By Luis M

Aug 24, 2018

Good but it is not deep enough, I would like to see a course focused on engineers that look for a course to acquire deeper knowledge.

But I am glad with this course, good job!