Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE
Jan 21, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

1051 - 1075 of 1,256 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Jun 20, 2017

Great

By Veronica S

Jan 5, 2021

good

By Sahaya N

Nov 29, 2020

good

By Lenin A

Sep 4, 2020

Good

By Dr M

Sep 1, 2020

good

By SHAFEEQ V P

Jul 15, 2020

Nice

By Vinjarapu b

Jul 8, 2020

Good

By sivaguru m

Jul 6, 2020

Good

By KRISHNA B

Jul 2, 2020

nice

By Manoj.L

good

By DISHAN J T

Jun 1, 2020

Good

By AHMED A

good

By Melbin m

Good

By David R G

Apr 24, 2020

good

By Ahmed A

Mar 18, 2020

good

By TAGA R

By Magnelo D S A M

May 11, 2017

T

By Kylie P

Feb 22, 2018

This course was very informational. I learned a lot about the oil and gas industry. It was easy to follow and sufficient for understanding key concepts. However, I had a big issue with the final assignment. I submitted it three times. Since it's peer graded it caused quite a lot of trouble. I had some people rate me poorly- by saying I didn't include certain information, when I know that I included all required information. I think that the people reading my submission either didn't comprehend the information, or blatantly didn't read it. This caused me to fail and need to submit a second time. At the time of the second submission my computer glitched and didn't send in the document in pdf form. Three of the four students rated the assignment highly- one student rated it all 0s because it wasn't in pdf format causing me to fail a second time. I've now submitted it a third and am hoping for it to be accepted... Overall it has been very frustrating. Good content. Frustrating final assignment that you NEED to pass to earn your certificate.