Back to Optimizing a Website for Search

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Optimizing a Website for Search by University of California, Davis

122 reviews

Learn the ins and outs of optimizing a website, from conducting an initial audit to presenting your findings and recommendations. Hands-on activities include learning how to select and apply appropriate keywords throughout a website, incorporating keyword research in a content marketing strategy, and optimizing a site for local search. You will also learn strategies for setting goals and client/stakeholder expectations, building effective analytics and reports, and communicating SEO improvements....

SR

Jan 17, 2017

This course provides the essential fundamentals for optimizing a website for search. The course was a refresher in certain areas as well as helped fill in the gaps on things I didnt know.

AH

May 23, 2017

Excellent course. There is always new and exciting information available in the ever changing world of SEO. Great insights on Google's ever-changing algorithms and methods. Thanks!

1 - 25 of 111 Reviews for Optimizing a Website for Search

By Elean M

Nov 15, 2018

This was a good course with a lot of meat to it. The second and third course are packed full of meat that honestly help you improve your site by implementing what you learned in those two classes. Currently taking the 4th class in the series so we'll see how that turned out. 1st class in the series was a waste of time. All fluff to get you to pay more I assume.

By A. D W

Jun 05, 2019

Excellent and rewarding course, learnt loads

By Sam B

May 25, 2019

I was happy to see more advanced insights and knowledge to SEO. Technical SEO is important and must be learned and applied throuroughly.

By Andreas H

May 24, 2019

The local SEO part is outdated (no more Google+).

You should add restaurants for the local SEO audit.

By Lisseth M

May 18, 2019

The business page assignment was not good for my region. I couldn't find a case.

By Asad A

May 11, 2019

Too much theory.

By Milton G F Q

Mar 31, 2019

Onde aprender o que fazer e a melhor forma de fazer. Ótimas orientações de abordagens aos clientes.

By Edwin S L I

Jan 08, 2019

The material has at least 3 years old and the assignments need to be improved in the review model by 3 peers.

By Jameisha M

Dec 06, 2018

I learned a bunch, but this course was slightly difficult and confusing since the grading rubric does not correspond well with the assignment instructions.

By Évelim W

Oct 07, 2018

Um curso realmente útil e focado na prática.

By Lisa Z

Sep 26, 2018

Very useful for the individual who is doing SEO work on their own website

By Pakasit W

Sep 17, 2018

Excellence!!

By Martina W

Sep 01, 2018

The last part dealing with clients was a little bit too early from my perspective since after these 3 courses I wouldn’t say that one is ready to do work as an SEO expert charging clients for the service of professional SEO.

The rest of the course was as usually very informative and interesting.

By Dennisa V

Aug 17, 2018

Excellent Course to Study!

By Muhammad A Y

Jul 12, 2018

excellent way of teaching really i like very much thanks a lot coursera to give me this opportunity.

By Jennifer C

Jul 09, 2018

Learned so much! I really liked the course and I feel prepared to meet potential clients. I also so appreciate the resources like the reporting dashboard and the project timeline .xls REALLY GREAT! Those are tools I will use immediately.

By Bettina A

Jul 02, 2018

Useful, even for those who already have prior knowledge.

By Moise L

Jun 18, 2018

Excellent instructor

By Raphael d S

May 17, 2018

Great course for marketing, content marketing, web developers. Great material, example worksheets, increased my skills

By David R

Apr 26, 2018

Excellent, many information and great communicator.

By Rajiv S J

Apr 20, 2018

Very practical and helpful! Great learning experience.

By Suchithra P

Apr 17, 2018

Really good and helpful

By Zoren V P

Apr 16, 2018

I enjoyed the learning process during the course.

By Natalia M

Apr 09, 2018

Really great course on On-page SEO, even better than I expected!

By Aurelie O

Mar 23, 2018

Very practical teaching that can be applied with useful templates, best practices and tools suggestion.