Back to Optimizing a Website for Search

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Optimizing a Website for Search by University of California, Davis

Learn the ins and outs of optimizing a website, from conducting an initial audit to presenting your findings and recommendations. Hands-on activities include learning how to select and apply appropriate keywords throughout a website, incorporating keyword research in a content marketing strategy, and optimizing a site for local search. You will also learn strategies for setting goals and client/stakeholder expectations, building effective analytics and reports, and communicating SEO improvements....

SH

Sep 03, 2019

This has to be the most informative and useful SEO course on the internet. The instructor has provided so much value. I highly recommend this course for anyone seeking in-depth value of SEO.

SR

Jan 17, 2017

This course provides the essential fundamentals for optimizing a website for search. The course was a refresher in certain areas as well as helped fill in the gaps on things I didnt know.

126 - 150 of 172 Reviews for Optimizing a Website for Search

Jun 26, 2020

Nice

By Nicholas W

Aug 18, 2017

The peer graded assignment for this course I think should be changed. I am an international marker (and as an expat I don't see that changing) so first it's not useful for a bunch of us. Second though the instructions on how to actually find a google business page are really bad (I noticed other students did exactly what I did) but one student still marked me as "not having a google page" which is crazy because I did exactly what was asked. I think other than the reviews (if that's all it is, it needs to be more clear) isn't useful. So again maybe having this as an optional task is ok, but a peer graded assignment is too confusing I think to most.

By Vincent N

Apr 17, 2017

This course contains lots of important information about how to optimise a website for SEO, especially Module 1, keyword research and competitive analysis. I've been rewatching Module 1 as I'm working on optimising two websites. Because there is so much information I felt sometime the logical order could have been reemphasised. Other than this, really great course.

By Georgy S T

Oct 23, 2016

Excellent course. Learned a lot on the nuts and bolts of optimisation. Some of the promised downloads are missing, though, in the resources section. Same goes for a few links. But the links one can look up one ones own. Not so the downloads. And there have been no response despite repeated posts in the Help section. Hope this will be remedied.

By Chris R

Jun 09, 2016

Generally a good course. I was disappointed with the instructions in the Week 3 assignment. In past courses within the certification, the instructions have noted specifically what was required. Here, the instructions around the Google Business Page part of the assignment did not include some specific elements we were being evaluated one.

By Jann G

Oct 01, 2016

Once again a good course but the quizzes are improvable. I had 98%, I don't say it because I didn't know the answers. Many questions just don't make sense. Other than that the course was very interesting!

By rohit b

Sep 27, 2017

Best Learning understood concept very well. How to think, How to analyze keywords. One important thing to mention that , you need to be have some patience. It requires time, dedication, and commitment.

By Rhys C

Nov 20, 2017

Quite a good course overall. However, the Google+ My Business pages section (which makes up a large amount of the assessment/project in week 3), is quite out of date.

By Saqib W

Aug 10, 2017

This course introduced me to the art of Optimizing a Website for Search through the exploration and critical analysis of a wide variety of genres.