Back to The Oral Cavity: Portal to Health and Disease

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Oral Cavity: Portal to Health and Disease by University of Pennsylvania

This course will focus on the interprofessional realtionship of dentistry and medicine. For each session, the medical specialist will present a broad overview of specific disease entity which will be followed by a dental educator discussing the relevant oral manifestations and implications. The final module of each session will be devoted to the interaction between the dental and other health care professionals....

GR
Feb 6, 2018

extremely well crafted course by the best faculty there is.\n\nlearned a lot from this course.\n\nthank you coursera and thank you University of Pennsylvania for this amazing and informative course.

DI
Jun 11, 2020

Very well organized. Guides you smoothly through a very comprehensive explanation of how the oral cavity can be related to a multitude of systemic conditions. Enjoyed it a lot!

26 - 50 of 134 Reviews for The Oral Cavity: Portal to Health and Disease

By Muhammad D K

Jul 30, 2020

This course has thoroughly changed my methodology of diagnosis of oral lesions as a general dentist! I came across excellent talks by Dr Thomas P Solliceto, Dr Eric Stoopler and really concise introductions by Dr Katherine France.

By Helin H

As a dentistry student this course was really helpful for learning systemic conditions concerning oral cavity. Amazing lecturers, perfect editing and visuals and greatly constructed quizes and exams. Thank you for this course :)

By MARIANA R H D

Apr 3, 2020

Un viaje interesante por diversas enfermedades que pueden tener relación directa o indirecta con la cavidad oral y lo más importante, manejo de pacientes con enfermedades sistémicas y cómo debemos actuar en la clínica.

By Fjolla P

May 14, 2020

This course is a wonderful review of all classes we take in dental school in Europe. I highly recommend to all dental professionals. The structure the course has makes you love dentistry more , thank you Penn State!

By naidu r

Sep 7, 2021

This course is excellent, the topics they deal with are defined in didactic and understandable way, and show great interest in the relationship between systemic diseases and manifestations that occur in the mouth.

By Lupita R

Nov 17, 2020

This is an excellent course, it really helped me with my current professional training. I really appreciate the commitment and the effort all the doctors made to share their knowledge. I definitely recommend it!!

By Amy L B

Aug 9, 2020

This course was on par with my dental school experience at Columbia University. I felt it was informative and accessible. I enjoyed that the speakers were both MD's and DMD's. Thank you for an outstanding course.

By Angelica P

Jun 9, 2021

Thank you Dr.'s for this online course offered through Coursera. It helps to re-educate and enlighten the different effects or how systemic disease affect the oral cavity. More power and more courses I hope.

By Ivan E N H

It is an excellent course, you can learn how medicine and dentistry go hand in hand for the optimal care of the patient who comes to the dental office, has excellent topics and its content is excellent.

By Andressa A

Jun 28, 2021

I am glad that I found this course. Every content is so well explained... And I really enjoyed the multiprofessional interaction presented in each section. Thank you for sharing this amazing course.

By Pat G

Jul 2, 2021

Excellent, I have learned to recognize different diseases in the mouth, their treatment and the assistance that can be provided to the patient from the dental office.

By Neha K

Apr 24, 2020

Very well structured course. Bringing together medicine and dental fields really widened my horizons regarding the scope of the field that I'm pursuing, dentistry!

By Andrea A Z O

Oct 24, 2019

Excelente curso para el conocimiento general de enfermedades sisnémmicas aplicadas en odontología. Ampliamente recomendado, estoy muy feliz de haberlo tomado.

By Leticia F

Mar 7, 2019

I've been practicing Dentistry for 30 years. With the increased correlation of Oral conditions with systemic disease this course was a great review.

By Nur S I

Apr 3, 2020

This course is important review for us as general dentist to be the first in line to detect abnormalities which can affect the whole body system.

By Alejandra C

Jun 25, 2020

Very rich content taught by exceptional experts. Great learning experience, I'm very pleased to learn from the bests! Thank you so much to all!

By Elena S

Jun 23, 2020

El curso está muy completo en contenido, se encuentra a la vanguardia de la atención médica y odontológica. Los temas son claros y breves.

By Pradip M

Jun 11, 2021

An excellent overview of how a meticulous assessment of the oral cavity structures can be associated with & be part of systemic issues.

By Aydee P R M

Feb 11, 2021

Such a great course from the pensilvanya university, all the teachers were great, I learned and improve a lot of things. Thanks

By Nerea M

Dec 17, 2018

It is a great course for dental students who want to know how systemic diseases or conditions may affect in the Oral Cavity.

By Onkarpreet J

Mar 22, 2021

Very informative educational seminars, helping bridge the gap between dentistry and medicine. Thank you to all the doctors.

By TMU b

Mar 21, 2021

It is very great course that i learn a lot of dental managements and treatments with patients who have systemic diesase.

By Meryam s

Apr 26, 2020

Thanks for the time and effort spent trying to develop and educate. I have benefited, learned and very grateful to you

By Dr. K P

Jun 24, 2021

The course content has so much to learn at the bacholer level. additionally, all professors are so nice in teaching.