Back to International Leadership and Organizational Behavior

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Leadership and Organizational Behavior by Università Bocconi

Leaders in business and non-profit organizations increasingly work across national borders and in multi-cultural environments. You may work regularly with customers or suppliers abroad, or be part of a globally dispersed cross-functional team, or an expatriate manager on an international assignment. You may be a member of a global online community, or a development aid worker collaborating with an international network of partner organizations. In all of these contexts, your effectiveness as a leader depends on how well you understand and are able to manage individual and collective behaviors in an intercultural context. In this course – together with a team of Bocconi expert faculty and Bocconi alumni – we’ll explore the theory and practice of international and intercultural leadership and organizational behavior. Social science research has revealed systematic ways in which our behavior differs across cultural contexts – enabling us to more effectively work across borders. Insights from psychology, neuroscience, sociology and anthropology, from communication studies and from management scholarship allow us to understand what shapes individual and group decision making, what enhances or weakens team performance, and how we can build and use our social networks. And the shared practical experience of international leaders allows us to identify concrete steps to enhancing intercultural leadership competence, and to be cognizant of common leadership challenges. Learning about organizational behavior provides a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills and to reflect on your own behavioral tendencies. How do you usually make important decisions? What motivates you and how do you try motivating others? How successfully do you leverage and integrate diverse skills and views in a team? Do you prefer professional relationships with a close-knit group of trusted colleagues, or with a far-flung network of acquaintances from all walks of life? If you really want to learn how organizations behave and take decisions and at the same time develop leadership skills, then this is the course for you. We are looking forward to welcoming you and supporting you on this journey of learning and discovery. COURSE SYLLABUS Week 1 - Leadership Acumen. International perspective on leadership, common traps & challenges, and opportunities of intercultural leadership. Week 2 - Navigating Culture. Impact of cultural differences on organizations, decoding culture, culture classifications and stereotyping, developing intercultural intelligence. Week 3 - Communication. Communication and its impact on leadership identity and relationships, managing communication to improve decision making, steps for developing your intercultural communication skills. Week 4 - Motivation. Views on individual motivation, cultural differences in motivation, developing motivation and commitment in teams. Week 5 - Networking. Patterns of interpersonal relationships in/across organizations, strategically developing social networks and social capital, norms for networking across cultures. Week 6 - Conflict. Effective / defective conflict management approaches, dealing with ethical dilemmas. Thanks to the participation of our alumni and of the Bocconi Alumni Association, participants will have practical insights on international leadership. RECOMMENDED BACKGROUND All are welcome! Some prior exposure to basic issues of organizational behavior (communication, decision making, motivation, etc.) is useful, but not required....

AY
Jan 6, 2017

I completed this course while working abroad and I loved it. The course helped be to have a better understanding and respect for different cultures in life and in the work environment.\n\nThank You!

GC
Aug 12, 2018

Very interesting course. Alumni viewpoints, pop-up questions, and interactive dialogues all made the course more engaging. Each video was a good length for informational content and attentiveness.

101 - 125 of 503 Reviews for International Leadership and Organizational Behavior

By VIDYARAJ V S

Jul 7, 2020

This is an excellent concise course for International Leadership, gives you a detailed perspective of some very valuable tools to approach other leaders and or people that you may be dealing with on an International platform.

By Mónica M C

Mar 4, 2020

Even when I work as a leader and with leadership development for many years, I have learnt a lot during this course. Many insights and models that can lead to very interesting discussions. Thanks a lot for sharing! Great job!

By Nandini B

Aug 3, 2020

This was a very enriching course. I can trace the set of skills and thoughts that I've developed through this course. It has been very efficiently taught and the learning is just effortless, thanks to the course coordinator.

By Daniela B

May 28, 2016

I found this course very informative, insightful and well organized; very useful also for people having "some" years of work experience to whom may open new perspectives.

Congratulation to the professor for an excellent work.

By Leire C

Great content! I reallly enjoyed the explanations and the examples. Besides, the videos are funny and easy to follow and the teacher and all the participants are very clear and concise.

I absolutely recommend it to everybody

By Ronnie A

Nov 28, 2020

It is a very interesting course as it combines classical leadership concepts with recent case studies and empirical research applications. I hope to continue with this course and engage more with the University of Bocconi.

By Başak K

Sep 14, 2020

Such an amazing course and such a big chance to learn from Mr. Wohlgezogen himself. I've learned not only the theoretical fundamentals of ILOB but also I've learned how to use them in my daily life. Thank you Bocconi!

By Sanjana M

Nov 12, 2015

I just completed Week 1 but this course brings together all information I have been reading about leadership. I love the explanations, research information, and extra links and resources offered. Thank you so much!!!!

By Phil H

Nov 2, 2020

Best online I have taken by far. A great refresher on some topics from my MBA, but I also learnt many new frameworks and tips on the topic of international leadership and organisational behaviour. Highly recommended.

By Philippe M

Apr 26, 2020

Great course overall and very well articulated! Would have appreciated more examples and case studies to illustrate the theories sometimes but it doesn't affect the general experience and understanding of concepts.

By Karthik R A N

Jun 15, 2020

very insightful session on international leadership context, relationship management, conflict management, networking strategies, cultural challenges and approaches to manage it. Thank you for a wonderful session

By Romina C B

Apr 15, 2020

Really useful for professionals who work in an international environment. There are many things I've learnt from this course, but I'd like to point out the "Conflict Resolution" part.

I would recommend this course

By Yogesh C

May 22, 2018

Adds a good value in your bank of knowledge. It triggers as a start point to go on and start building the things based on the course rather than dictating 'the best theory' . Thanks for the providing the course.

By Safdar H

Aug 8, 2020

This course is designed in a wonderful manner. I learnt a lot of new things such as conflict management and how to be a good leader. I suggest students enrol for this course and learn organizational behaviour.

By Barbara V C B

Jul 13, 2020

De todas as certificações e livros que estou lendo sobre o assunto, esse curso é de longe o mais didático e útil! Apliquei diversos aprendizados no meu dia a dia e com certeza levarei para a vida!! Obrigada!

By Julie C

Jun 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I liked learning about all of the real-life experiences versus just textbook explanations and I think it is more practical and useful to people who are already in the field.

By Esmaeel A

May 4, 2019

Great course, there is so many valuable and profound subject which could be crucial to the efficiency in a local and multinational workplace. The instructor is great as well. Glad I took this course. :)

By Johan S

Apr 25, 2016

Enjoyed it very much. Franz is a great speaker and gave insight in a very pedagogical manner. He's a speed talker though, so I had trouble going above 1.5 playback speed :). Great infographics as well.

By Mireia C

Sep 20, 2020

Aprendes mucho de este curso. Te enseña tanto la parte teórica cómo la práctica de cada una de las partes, además de enseñarte que ya no son únicamente aplicables a una empresa, sino a tu día a día.

By Rafael E M

Mar 6, 2017

Muy útil de cara a un futuro, donde se premia la empata y el saber comportarse en todos los aspectos de la vida. Enseñan técnicas que pueden ayudar a conseguir que seas un buen líder en el futuro.

By Tatiana L

Feb 8, 2017

Great job! You've done a huge job! A lot of speakers, interesting guests/cases/conversation in groups. Presentation are full of info! well structured, vivid and useful! Thank you for your effort!

By Ispita H

Aug 25, 2020

Very well structure, well thought and well curated. I found it very insightful and helpful. It is in tandem with today's need for developing leadership skills and holistic management techniques.

By Mirella g

Aug 20, 2020

First of all, thank you so much; It has been the best course for me so far. It will not only help me with my MBA but also being an open, collaborative person in all area of my life. THANK YOU.

By Skalidis S

Apr 28, 2017

Great course from end to end! Really interesting topics covered. Unlike other management courses on this platform it didn't just touch the surface on topics but also provided concrete examples

By João C M d C

Jul 13, 2020

Otimo curso, simples e prático. Com a carga horária boa e bom embasamento teórico - prático. Pena que não havia tradução para o idioma português para facilitar a compreensão e adesão de todos