Back to Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life by University of Copenhagen

The Origins course tracks the origin of all things – from the Big Bang to the origin of the Solar System and the Earth. The course follows the evolution of life on our planet through deep geological time to present life forms....

MN

Aug 29, 2018

The course help me discover answers to so many questions I had in mind and discover so many more. It made me realize how little I know about life itself and how precious life on earth is.

AB

Aug 29, 2016

I enjoyed the course. It was a steep learning curve. Only one suggestion. The reading material is all mentioned in week 1, it would be easier to work with if it was mentioned per week.

101 - 125 of 125 Reviews for Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life

By Daniel S

Sep 08, 2016

This course is almost outstanding. Half of the presentations are top-notch reviews of the relevant highlights of their subject matter. Half of the rest are logical, but somewhat perfunctory reviews of similar sets of highlights, and finally, the other quarter are sadly hampered by having no visible organization, with delivery that could only have been improved by rehearsing the narrations a couple of times before the lecture was videotaped. I give most praise to presenters Connelly, Pope, Eibye-Jacobsen, Sørensen, Cuny, and Dahl. These lectures alone make the course eminently worthwhile.

By Bethany B

Sep 04, 2016

I enjoyed this course immensely! I was a bit hesitant due to its length, however, the content was usually manageable and mostly interesting. A couple of the weeks, the lectures are quite lengthy and dense while others were a bit dry. Also, I think the week about bacteria could use a little more explanation. I feel as though I didn't really understand those concepts until watching that week's as well as the next week's lectures. Finally, the quiz questions for the third to last week were a bit confusing and didn't match well to what the instructors actually said.

By Ildiko Z

Jul 24, 2016

Thank you so much for this course, I really enjoyed it!

I only gave 4 stars because sometimes it is really hard to understand, especially key words (I am not talking about the accent but the group and family latin names, etc); I constantly had to check the subtitles for these.

To be honest I wasn't expecting this content after reading the course title, but it was nice to see evolution from this point of view, great job!

By Rice H

Oct 18, 2017

Enjoyed course. Was not what I expected from the name of the course but I enjoyed it anyway. Found climate information interesting. Instructors English was generally correct, however I found some hard to understand because of enunciation issues. PS: I am a retired electronics engineer with an advanced degree who is interested in how everything works.

Would have given you 5 stars except for the enunciation issue.

By Deyan C

May 10, 2019

A wonderful and informative course! I learned about evolution from a lot of different perspectives and fields of science! There were a few points where I wish things had been explained a bit more slowly/carefully/thoroughly, but otherwise I had a very good experience.

By Evgueni G

Jul 21, 2016

Really informative course, the reason why I rated 4/5 is because the lecturers read much too often from the teleprompter. Obviously they all know the material very well but reading it off a screen doesn't feel very natural.

By mario a

Jun 10, 2017

Excellent program (5 stars). But most teachers were clearly reading a script, with little or no graphic information, which made retaining the information practically impossible (2-3 stars).

By shivaji

Mar 03, 2016

Excellent course on this topic. I have really enjoyed the process of learning and the knowledge I gathered during the process. More importantly, it has broadened my thinking.

By Roberto D

May 17, 2016

Great course, a clear and complete introduction to the different aspects of life evolution on earth.

A great base to start from. Thank you,

Roberto

By William D C

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent and informative course - a great deal of factual information packed in. Very well presented by a range of experts in different fields.

By Francine

Jan 04, 2016

A very interesting course with a broad spectrum.

Some of the professors might work a little bit on the pronunciation of English!

By John N

Jul 27, 2016

Did not want to take this course for credit. Basically watched all of the videos.

Found it very interesting and informative.

By Mahbub A K

Aug 10, 2017

It's a marvelous course. But it has one problem, the pronunciation of instructors are much herder to understand.

By Jonathon B

Feb 16, 2016

Assessment for the last half of the course was on stupid dates and small, boring, unimportant details.

By Muhammad A E

Nov 23, 2015

stilVery good and contain very recent data that actually can help people who are isted

By Divya A

May 08, 2017

Course structure is very precise. Content is concise and good for a beginner like me.

By Kevin R C

Apr 03, 2018

Overall a great course, although come of the lectures can get repetitive.

By Alexander M

Nov 06, 2016

Some week cources are great others are too confusing or scatchy.

By John P

Feb 25, 2018

Very enjoyable and testing course covering a lot of ground

By Javier M O

Dec 12, 2017

A very interesting course. Maybe a bit short for 12 weeks.

By Abhishek B

Nov 19, 2015

The professors know very well how to explain the subject

By Satyam T

Feb 20, 2016

informative

By Dino H

Oct 27, 2015

I

By asia k

Oct 22, 2015

A lot of info cramped in long videos makes it confusing sometimes

By Candy C

Nov 28, 2015

Sorry, the guy in the first video doesn't blink, which is very weird. The second video was so incredibly dry and boring that I completely lost interest. I know this could be a fascinating course with the proper videos and visuals to help people understand it.