Back to Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life by University of Copenhagen

The Origins course tracks the origin of all things – from the Big Bang to the origin of the Solar System and the Earth. The course follows the evolution of life on our planet through deep geological time to present life forms....

AP
Aug 26, 2020

I,Adike Shambhuprasad learnt a lot in thiscoursera course. From formation of Universe,Solar system to origin of life and extinction of many species is very interesting.Thanks to all faculty members.

MN
Aug 28, 2018

The course help me discover answers to so many questions I had in mind and discover so many more. It made me realize how little I know about life itself and how precious life on earth is.

126 - 148 of 148 Reviews for Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life

By sara L

Oct 28, 2020

Overall, great overview of Earth's history! Found the end pretty fry when looking at biodiversity. Would have preferred to look at biodiversity of other species besides birds.

By Danaee R A

Nov 28, 2020

Great course with so much information. The instructors explain the themes very well, perhaps it needs a laser so signal important points in each slide that is been presented.

By shivaji

Mar 3, 2016

Excellent course on this topic. I have really enjoyed the process of learning and the knowledge I gathered during the process. More importantly, it has broadened my thinking.

By Roberto D

May 17, 2016

Great course, a clear and complete introduction to the different aspects of life evolution on earth.

A great base to start from. Thank you,

Roberto

By William D C

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent and informative course - a great deal of factual information packed in. Very well presented by a range of experts in different fields.

By Francine

Jan 4, 2016

A very interesting course with a broad spectrum.

Some of the professors might work a little bit on the pronunciation of English!

By John N

Jul 27, 2016

Did not want to take this course for credit. Basically watched all of the videos.

Found it very interesting and informative.

By Mahbub A K

Aug 10, 2017

It's a marvelous course. But it has one problem, the pronunciation of instructors are much herder to understand.

By Jonathon B

Feb 16, 2016

Assessment for the last half of the course was on stupid dates and small, boring, unimportant details.

By CRAN

Jul 18, 2020

Very interesting covering different disciplines. I enjoyed the Paleontologic part, well documented.

By Muhammad A E

Nov 23, 2015

stilVery good and contain very recent data that actually can help people who are isted

By Divya A

May 8, 2017

Course structure is very precise. Content is concise and good for a beginner like me.

By Kevin R C

Apr 3, 2018

Overall a great course, although come of the lectures can get repetitive.

By Alexander M

Nov 6, 2016

Some week cources are great others are too confusing or scatchy.

By john p

Feb 25, 2018

Very enjoyable and testing course covering a lot of ground

By Javier M O

Dec 12, 2017

A very interesting course. Maybe a bit short for 12 weeks.

By Abhishek B

Nov 19, 2015

The professors know very well how to explain the subject

By Satyam T

Oct 26, 2015

I

By Jayne M

Sep 1, 2020

The scope of this course is extremely ambitious and much of it is very interesting. Unfortunately it is also very technical and some lecturers found it hard to make the technicalities accessible to a layperson such as myself. I did finish it, however and am certainly better informed about our origins than I was before I started.

By asia k

Oct 22, 2015

A lot of info cramped in long videos makes it confusing sometimes

By Candy C

Nov 28, 2015

Sorry, the guy in the first video doesn't blink, which is very weird. The second video was so incredibly dry and boring that I completely lost interest. I know this could be a fascinating course with the proper videos and visuals to help people understand it.