Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

126 - 150 of 2,550 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Simone R

Aug 21, 2019

This course was challenging, and I completed all the steps, but I had some problems removing the corrupted file. I followed the tips from the lab on "Removing Files in Linux," and I thought I did everything correct, but it didn't work and I ran out of time. I think there was a glitch in the program. Oh well, I passed, but I wanted to do better.

By Yoshihide J S

Oct 16, 2020

My review is 4.5 because some assignment qwiklabs is not well working sometime for after press green start button have to wait 15 min downloading or system issue under 2-3 assignment. So, waste time for assignment. And other system issue qwick labs as copy and paste on site. Each video is too short. Please combine at least 5-6min each video.

By Saddam A Y A

Jun 12, 2020

the most interesting course i'v ever taking the subject and course parts were very interesting and i enjoy learning it .and the instructor Cindy make the this course very easy she use a way of making thing simple even if it is not ,i appreciate for Google for making this course which will makes me upgrade my level of skills to the next level

By Gabriel M

Jan 24, 2020

This course is crucial to learning operating systems, especially when it comes to Linux. Your Windows and Linux knowledge are put to the test. For users that are not use to Linux, you really have to focus on the Linux teachings because although the information is basic, it will elevate your learning of open source operating system Linux.

By Cecil K

Nov 11, 2020

I gave the course a 5 star because it covered several topics very well. The last lab could be improved possibly because it was a little vague in resolving the problem with changing the permissions on a file for the group everyone and the process to kill a process in in Linux was also not completely in line with the training we received.

By Jon P

Mar 11, 2018

The course was excellent. However, i do believe a newbie would need at least some experience to fully comprehend the material. I imagine that the supplemental readings would help in that respect. Although the quicklabs, frustratingly, did not always record my score correctly, overall, it was a great course that furthered my skill set.

By Habeeb R

Apr 27, 2019

this was a great course and I have learned that I have to not only study the material but I will have to find ways to practice and continue to work on the material so that I don't lose my knowledge. I did learner that Linux is not easy but once you learn it and start to get a hang of it it is a great and fun program to work with.

By Curtis B W

Nov 13, 2020

Wow! Cindy is super awesome! So much information taught in this course. The first two courses I was able read, learn, and get the course done. But this course was hands on! There was no way around breezing through. You had to actually apply what you learned. It was challenging and rewarding! Thank you Cindy, Coursera, & Google!

By Anatu G

Feb 12, 2020

I was not easy but it was not impossible. This is how I love it. Very mentally challenging and the hand-on practice with the labs made a lot of sense. I am glad to be here. I learnt a lot of great stuff that will lead me to and through my desired career in IT. This has been a wonderful experience. Heading on to the next course!

By Samiur R

Apr 22, 2018

This is my favorite course in this program so far. I've learned so many things here that I can use NOW. The instructions were clear, I didn't have any problem to follow. To me, the labs were the most interesting parts since I can apply everything I learned. Now, I understand linux as much as windows. Thanks for this program. :)

By Rishabh G

Apr 28, 2020

I got very much knowledge about how the file system works in Operating System, how to permissions helps users to protect files. This course is totally awesome. I want to thank all the googlers who teach me to this level so that i had completed this course.

thanks coursera and google for collaborating and providing this course.

By Matthew R D

Feb 10, 2018

The most practical course out of the entire sequence. The best aspect is definitely the labs (even if people are complaining about accessing them). Having two labs per week was a good way of learning the material (rather than just having the theory), and is invaluable real-world experience for training quickly on the job.

By Juan J S

Jun 20, 2020

a lot information provided in this course, there are a lot of commands in three different shells and also in GUI. Excellent video demonstrations provide through the course and great labs to have hands on. Definitely a great learning steps for this IT career, very interesting and this is just the start of this career.

By Muhammad A

Mar 17, 2020

Great course, which gives as much details about Operating System Power Users, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Operating system core features, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Thank you Google and Coursera for making such a knowledgeable learning experience.

By Dnyaneshwar K

Aug 26, 2020

Now after this Course am came to the conclusion its Perfect to make a OS Power User as Course Title is.

As am using Computer since last few years but actually I was unware of the Actual Power of OS which includes Powershell, Bash, logs, & Many more new concepts .

Thank You ..!! For such a Practical oriented Course.

By Megan K

May 22, 2019

This was the most useful of the classes so far for me. I have a much better grasp of using the computer beyond the GUI and also have received a good introduction to troubleshooting with Linux. The parallel teaching of Windows and Linux allows for the basic structure and goals of the lessons to be learned twice.

By Matt S

Feb 24, 2018

This course was a great intro to operating systems and command line functionality. I now feel like I have crossed a threshold, and the next steps in my journey will be more comfortable and more rewarding now that I have a new skillset and familiarity with the underlying ideas and fuctions of operating systems.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was actually very easy for me, i have alot of previous experience with about every operating system that currently exists which helped me manuever very quickly throughout this course. But like the other courses there were still some parts of the course that helped me refine my skills.

By Alexander D

Apr 16, 2020

This course was really helpful in learning to use BASH on linux and powershell commands in Windows. It took the process and broke it down into easy to follow steps. The final process was interesting as it made you really think about the processes needed or the commands needed to carrying out certain tasks.

By Evan K

Jul 6, 2020

This course is very instensive it will show you the in's and out's of the operating systems Windows and Linux. I knew some of the command line prompts for imaging and adding to the domain but not nearly what was taught in this course, especially for Linux. Don't expect to breeze through, pay attention.

By Daniela

Nov 7, 2018

Not only am I a user, but I am not a super power user. I actually got to use some of my new bash skills in a data analytics class I went to last night. I was the only one in the class that was able to answer the questions about grep, pipeline and others in comparison to SQL database work we were doing.

By Douglas H

The final assessments were a little challenging. Overall, this course did a good job of introducing students to user and file permissions, and familiarity with the command line environments of Windows and Linux. This has really taken the fear of learning Linux, and also using PowerShell for Windows.

By Vinh Q N

On the scale of 1 to 10, I give this course a 9. I learned alot about the Windows and Linux CLI functions that I can use to be more efficient and effect in navigating and working in the OS's. This course has made me want to explore further into the realm of Windows powershell and Linux Bash commands.

By Ugwu G C

Apr 22, 2020

Cindy, your are one of the best instructor so far. Your simplified method of lecturing and impacting knowledge is second to none. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks so much Cindy. I hope to see you in the next course in this GOOGLE IT Professional certificate. I enjoy your teaching approach so much.

By Harpreet S

Dec 30, 2019

This was an amazing course. The explanations are pretty good and simple to catch on. I googled the same material online and it was much harder to grasp the content as compared to how the instructors presented the content here. Thank you for this amazing course. Can't wait to finish the certification.