Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

126 - 150 of 3,375 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By PJ C

Jan 31, 2021

This course was awesome for providing me the experience and tools I need to be successful as I approach the IT field. I love the entire course load and am looking forward to course 4. I highly recommend this to all looking to enter the IT field. I would suggest to make sure you take notes all the way through INCLUDING: when you do your labs as they will be referred to again.

By Arri D

Apr 17, 2018

This is an excellent course for beginners to learn about Windows and Linux OS. This will really help you start your journey. Be patient, I can't stress that enough, and you will persevere. The lessons are very detailed and they go really in-depth to help you really understand what exactly is happening. I recommend taking detailed notes to help you refer back to the lessons.

By Toni H

Oct 1, 2020

This course is very engaging and contains a lot of information about different operating systems one might be dealing with in the real work place. I really enjoyed going through all the labs and getting hands on experience with PowerShell / Linux Commands. It's really useful to know how to do things from the Command Line rather than the GUI. I highly recommend this course!

By Samyak J

Jun 1, 2020

It was really a great experience learning this. The parallel study of Linux and Windows actually made it so interesting. But obviously Linux won :-) Moreover, got an opportunity to learn so much and that too in an efficient manner. Qwiklabs were also too good. It was my first time with them and it was a great experience.

Thanks Coursera

By Tian Q

Nov 6, 2018

This course gives me a brief but solid introduction to OS. I learned to use commands to navigate in the system instead of using GUI and learned why this way is sometimes better. The assessments require me to type the commands I just learned in VMs, which is amazing because it gives me a taste on what it feels like to use these commands and skills to tackle real IT issues.

By Efraim S H

Jan 18, 2021

Excellent and challenging. I enjoyed the journey, especially because I knew little about using commands in Linux to do anything. I'm glad I took this course because now I have a good idea about how to start with the basics of using commands in Linux Ubuntu Bash LCI. Thank you, team, for putting together all the resources and materials to train the students. Keep it up!

By connie s

Dec 16, 2018

I found this course to be rather challenging. It has pushed me to read and study additional supplemental material not provided by this course. I believe this course is a real good starting point for anyone looking into to becoming a power user. It opens the door to Window's Powershell and the use of Linux commands. Good Job! Google. And, thank you, Coursera.

By Paul

Nov 5, 2019

I would suggest dividing the Windows and Linux into just windows courses and just linux courses. Even though the steps are almost the same for each OS, the differences are just enough to be confusing during test time. I had to go back and review just the windows sections and then just the linux sections to get through it. It made so much more sense that way. Thanks!

By Don E

Aug 4, 2020

This course and series of courses are special. You will definitely become a power user of these tools. You won't look at your computer the same. I started with a windows machine and two old computers that I was going to get to fixing now I have a Linux ubuntu studio system, a MacBook, and a Windows system. Now, I have plans to get a server. It's a lot of fun.

By Abraham I

Feb 20, 2020

Similar to the previous course on the Bits and Bytes of Networking, I feel there was a lot concepts that were explained in detail which truly helped to internalize the complexities between each Operating System and also their similarities. I truly believe I've gained an extra edge and depth of technicality through this learning experience of Becoming a Power User.

By Dave C

Dec 2, 2020

this was a very good overview of the structure of operating systems on windows and linux,

and the tools you need to navigate and operate them. If you have little experience with command line, you'll get an education here that covers the basics here, and maybe see different ways to do things

you might already be familiar with. looking forward to the next course

By Nabeel S T

Content was exceptionally prepared, organized and easy to follow. The course was challenging (especially if you don't have much of an in-depth OS background) but the interactive labs, practice quizzes and videos were very much helpful in letting the content sink in. One should also utilize the old-fashioned notebook and pen to enable concepts to sink in.

By Felipe Q

Apr 30, 2020

This course was a great experience for me, I learned a lot and it has made me aware of how much I still need to learn. I congratulate the google and coursera team for such a magnificent training. And yes, I will continue the training because these courses are worth completing, especially if I am going to start a career in the world of technical support.

By Akshaykumar K

Dec 22, 2020

Hello Everyone, I have completed my course. It is very Knowledgeable for everyone technical or non technical person. You can learn basic and intermediate level of knowledge for person who use computer.

You can learn Operating system not only Windows, Linux, MAC OS, but also mobile OS like Android, iOS, etc. How to manage OS and make your life easy.

By Farit C C

Aug 17, 2020

Thank you very much to all of you. I learned so many interesting things in this course and to be honest I feel prepare to face a challenge in the IT field. Now I am more confident and I have adquire the knowledge I need to be taken as an excellent candidate for a job offer. Finally I would like to say thank you for the interview tips along the courses.

By Jeff D

Feb 28, 2019

This was a tough course to keep all of the commands for both Linux and Windows PowerShell straight, but now I have a much better understanding of how these OS's work, how they are similar and different from each other, and how they interact in a network.

I am thinking about partitioning my hard drive to install Ubuntu on my computer so I can learn more!

By Waka M

Sep 8, 2019

It was challenging. I am learning IT, even though am not sure if I will find a Job in this field. Nevertheless, I am 100% certain that all the fields from now on will require some knowledge of IT. Hence my interest in this course. I would recommend to anyone in any professional career, to take an interest in IT, because computers are here to stay.

By Carson B

Apr 2, 2018

Fantastic course, chalked full of information to understand OS's, navigate command lines in both Windows and Linux and gives you the tools to execute and troubleshoot OS's.

Some of the labs have bugs to look out for and work-around necessary, until these problems are resolved consult the discussion board for tips and tricks to complete the assessments.

By Nishant K G

Apr 20, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Operating System, but after completing this course I feel like I know about Operating Systems now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Operating Systems, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on Computer Operating Systems.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Simone R

Aug 21, 2019

This course was challenging, and I completed all the steps, but I had some problems removing the corrupted file. I followed the tips from the lab on "Removing Files in Linux," and I thought I did everything correct, but it didn't work and I ran out of time. I think there was a glitch in the program. Oh well, I passed, but I wanted to do better.

By Yoshihide J S

Oct 16, 2020

My review is 4.5 because some assignment qwiklabs is not well working sometime for after press green start button have to wait 15 min downloading or system issue under 2-3 assignment. So, waste time for assignment. And other system issue qwick labs as copy and paste on site. Each video is too short. Please combine at least 5-6min each video.

By Saddam A Y A

Jun 12, 2020

the most interesting course i'v ever taking the subject and course parts were very interesting and i enjoy learning it .and the instructor Cindy make the this course very easy she use a way of making thing simple even if it is not ,i appreciate for Google for making this course which will makes me upgrade my level of skills to the next level

By Gabriel M

Jan 24, 2020

This course is crucial to learning operating systems, especially when it comes to Linux. Your Windows and Linux knowledge are put to the test. For users that are not use to Linux, you really have to focus on the Linux teachings because although the information is basic, it will elevate your learning of open source operating system Linux.

By Cecil K

Nov 11, 2020

I gave the course a 5 star because it covered several topics very well. The last lab could be improved possibly because it was a little vague in resolving the problem with changing the permissions on a file for the group everyone and the process to kill a process in in Linux was also not completely in line with the training we received.

By Jonathan P

Mar 11, 2018

The course was excellent. However, i do believe a newbie would need at least some experience to fully comprehend the material. I imagine that the supplemental readings would help in that respect. Although the quicklabs, frustratingly, did not always record my score correctly, overall, it was a great course that furthered my skill set.