Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

126 - 150 of 2,728 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Akshaykumar K

Dec 22, 2020

Hello Everyone, I have completed my course. It is very Knowledgeable for everyone technical or non technical person. You can learn basic and intermediate level of knowledge for person who use computer.

You can learn Operating system not only Windows, Linux, MAC OS, but also mobile OS like Android, iOS, etc. How to manage OS and make your life easy.

By Farit C C

Aug 17, 2020

Thank you very much to all of you. I learned so many interesting things in this course and to be honest I feel prepare to face a challenge in the IT field. Now I am more confident and I have adquire the knowledge I need to be taken as an excellent candidate for a job offer. Finally I would like to say thank you for the interview tips along the courses.

By Jeff D

Feb 28, 2019

This was a tough course to keep all of the commands for both Linux and Windows PowerShell straight, but now I have a much better understanding of how these OS's work, how they are similar and different from each other, and how they interact in a network.

I am thinking about partitioning my hard drive to install Ubuntu on my computer so I can learn more!

By Waka M

Sep 8, 2019

It was challenging. I am learning IT, even though am not sure if I will find a Job in this field. Nevertheless, I am 100% certain that all the fields from now on will require some knowledge of IT. Hence my interest in this course. I would recommend to anyone in any professional career, to take an interest in IT, because computers are here to stay.

By Carson B

Apr 2, 2018

Fantastic course, chalked full of information to understand OS's, navigate command lines in both Windows and Linux and gives you the tools to execute and troubleshoot OS's.

Some of the labs have bugs to look out for and work-around necessary, until these problems are resolved consult the discussion board for tips and tricks to complete the assessments.

By Nishant K G

Apr 20, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Operating System, but after completing this course I feel like I know about Operating Systems now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Operating Systems, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on Computer Operating Systems.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Simone R

Aug 21, 2019

This course was challenging, and I completed all the steps, but I had some problems removing the corrupted file. I followed the tips from the lab on "Removing Files in Linux," and I thought I did everything correct, but it didn't work and I ran out of time. I think there was a glitch in the program. Oh well, I passed, but I wanted to do better.

By Yoshihide J S

Oct 16, 2020

My review is 4.5 because some assignment qwiklabs is not well working sometime for after press green start button have to wait 15 min downloading or system issue under 2-3 assignment. So, waste time for assignment. And other system issue qwick labs as copy and paste on site. Each video is too short. Please combine at least 5-6min each video.

By Saddam A Y A

Jun 12, 2020

the most interesting course i'v ever taking the subject and course parts were very interesting and i enjoy learning it .and the instructor Cindy make the this course very easy she use a way of making thing simple even if it is not ,i appreciate for Google for making this course which will makes me upgrade my level of skills to the next level

By Gabriel M

Jan 24, 2020

This course is crucial to learning operating systems, especially when it comes to Linux. Your Windows and Linux knowledge are put to the test. For users that are not use to Linux, you really have to focus on the Linux teachings because although the information is basic, it will elevate your learning of open source operating system Linux.

By Cecil K

Nov 11, 2020

I gave the course a 5 star because it covered several topics very well. The last lab could be improved possibly because it was a little vague in resolving the problem with changing the permissions on a file for the group everyone and the process to kill a process in in Linux was also not completely in line with the training we received.

By Jon P

Mar 11, 2018

The course was excellent. However, i do believe a newbie would need at least some experience to fully comprehend the material. I imagine that the supplemental readings would help in that respect. Although the quicklabs, frustratingly, did not always record my score correctly, overall, it was a great course that furthered my skill set.

By Habeeb R

Apr 28, 2019

this was a great course and I have learned that I have to not only study the material but I will have to find ways to practice and continue to work on the material so that I don't lose my knowledge. I did learner that Linux is not easy but once you learn it and start to get a hang of it it is a great and fun program to work with.

By Curtis W

Nov 13, 2020

Wow! Cindy is super awesome! So much information taught in this course. The first two courses I was able read, learn, and get the course done. But this course was hands on! There was no way around breezing through. You had to actually apply what you learned. It was challenging and rewarding! Thank you Cindy, Coursera, & Google!

By Anatu G

Feb 12, 2020

I was not easy but it was not impossible. This is how I love it. Very mentally challenging and the hand-on practice with the labs made a lot of sense. I am glad to be here. I learnt a lot of great stuff that will lead me to and through my desired career in IT. This has been a wonderful experience. Heading on to the next course!

By Samiur R

Apr 22, 2018

This is my favorite course in this program so far. I've learned so many things here that I can use NOW. The instructions were clear, I didn't have any problem to follow. To me, the labs were the most interesting parts since I can apply everything I learned. Now, I understand linux as much as windows. Thanks for this program. :)

By Rishabh G

Apr 28, 2020

I got very much knowledge about how the file system works in Operating System, how to permissions helps users to protect files. This course is totally awesome. I want to thank all the googlers who teach me to this level so that i had completed this course.

thanks coursera and google for collaborating and providing this course.

By Matthew R D

Feb 10, 2018

The most practical course out of the entire sequence. The best aspect is definitely the labs (even if people are complaining about accessing them). Having two labs per week was a good way of learning the material (rather than just having the theory), and is invaluable real-world experience for training quickly on the job.

By Juan J S

Jun 20, 2020

a lot information provided in this course, there are a lot of commands in three different shells and also in GUI. Excellent video demonstrations provide through the course and great labs to have hands on. Definitely a great learning steps for this IT career, very interesting and this is just the start of this career.

By Muhammad A

Mar 17, 2020

Great course, which gives as much details about Operating System Power Users, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Operating system core features, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Thank you Google and Coursera for making such a knowledgeable learning experience.

By Dnyaneshwar K

Aug 26, 2020

Now after this Course am came to the conclusion its Perfect to make a OS Power User as Course Title is.

As am using Computer since last few years but actually I was unware of the Actual Power of OS which includes Powershell, Bash, logs, & Many more new concepts .

Thank You ..!! For such a Practical oriented Course.

By Megan K

May 22, 2019

This was the most useful of the classes so far for me. I have a much better grasp of using the computer beyond the GUI and also have received a good introduction to troubleshooting with Linux. The parallel teaching of Windows and Linux allows for the basic structure and goals of the lessons to be learned twice.

By Keirra L

Jan 3, 2021

This by far has been the most difficult module of the entire course, but I am so thankful, and satisfied knowing that I have obtained the knowledge to better succeed with my IT career. I look forward to growing my knowledge and putting it in action with hands-on labs, and through personal experiences with a VM!

By Matt S

Feb 24, 2018

This course was a great intro to operating systems and command line functionality. I now feel like I have crossed a threshold, and the next steps in my journey will be more comfortable and more rewarding now that I have a new skillset and familiarity with the underlying ideas and fuctions of operating systems.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was actually very easy for me, i have alot of previous experience with about every operating system that currently exists which helped me manuever very quickly throughout this course. But like the other courses there were still some parts of the course that helped me refine my skills.