Back to Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases by Duke University

This course provides students an understanding of important human parasitic diseases, including their life cycles, vectors of transmission, distribution and epidemiology, pathophysiology and clinical manifestations, treatment, and prevention and control. Tropical Parasitology is taught by faculty from an area highly impacted by tropical parasites- the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College in Moshi, Tanzania. The faculty include Drs. Frank Mosha and Mramba Nyindo (and two lecturers, Drs. Johnson Matowo and Jovin Kitau). Dr. John Bartlett, Professor of Medicine, Global Health and Nursing at Duke University, joins his faculty colleagues in this effort....

JB
Dec 9, 2019

I really enjoyed doing this course, I was a bit worried about the final exams but I had so much fun doing them. Really happy that I registered for it and I would advise anyone to take part.

BY
Feb 2, 2017

best course than ever straight forward presentations,reports,clinical cases than have improved my knowledge about tropical infections especially ectoparasites & helminthes(worms)

26 - 50 of 139 Reviews for Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases

By Juan A P A

Sep 23, 2020

This course is definitely one of the best I've taken. It have great contente presented in a very smooth way (not very dynamic nor boring). The videos where they visit the high transmission sites are very cool and important. It's a must take course if you are in the health field.

By Elizaveta P

Sep 22, 2020

This course was great - with an easy layout and navigation, and the amazing professors! Thank you so much! An absolute beginner can definitely enjoy and follow along also. Wonderful in depth and real world videos, and interviews with proffesionals in the field.

By Felipe R

Jun 11, 2021

Excelente contenido, he aprendido lo esencial que debe abarcar esta carrera llamada control de vectores, muy afortunada de poder completar el curso de la mejor manera y llevándome estos conocimientos adquiridos, Gracias por su tiempo y dedicación, Saludos.

By Aya A

Apr 19, 2020

Create course . It helped me a lot reviewing my knowledge about Parasitology . The most I liked were the field lectures as it is like someone is attending a field trip . Case studies in the final exam were exciting . Thank you for your efforts .

By nyamwiza b

Apr 13, 2018

.ESRUOC SIHT GNIKAT STNEDUTS REHTO ROF SIHT DNEMMOCER I...SEIDUTS YM NI PLEH TAERG FO NEEB SAH TI .SROTUT EHT MORF SNITANALPOXE RAELC HTIW DESSUCSID ETISARAP HCAE FO SLIATED TNATROPMI LLA GNISOPXE ESRUOC DOOG YREV A SI TI

By Joshua S

May 26, 2017

I very much enjoyed this class and would only have preferred that it be longer and that more organisms were discussed. Thank you for this engaging opportunity and I look forward to future opportunities as they may arise!

By Juan A G S

Apr 21, 2021

It is a great course to know more about parasites and how they are around us. Honestly, I realized how good it was until the middle of the course. Biological, Clinical and Social implication of each disease. GREAT WORK.

By RAUL V C

Jun 11, 2021

A very nice course for those that like this area of Microbiology. Highly recomended, the ponents explain very well the clinical histories and give good examples of what the vectors and symptoms of the disease are.

By Betty H J

Nov 1, 2020

This was a very well organized course!!! It was very helpful to be able to listen to lectures a second time and to read the transcripts for study purposes. I especially like the lectures that took place on site.

By Jomar F J

Jul 23, 2017

O curso foi de grande ajuda na minha formação, indico ele a qualquer um que deseje conhecer mais sobre parasitologia, já que seu conteúdo é ensinado de forma clara e objetiva. A equipe está de parabéns.

By Shamsher K

Apr 27, 2021

it was a very good experience with international doctors.

The course I think was designed for me. 😁

At last I am very thankful to all of the instructors

Special thanks to sir Dr. Mramba Nyindo

By TOKPONNON T F

Oct 1, 2020

Fantastique

Un très bon cours que j'ai aimé.

Ce cours a renforcé mes capacités en matière de parasitologie humaine et je suis content tout en remerciant les organisateurs du cours

Bravo à eux.

By Jessica B

Dec 10, 2019

By Enyerbert G

Sep 6, 2020

I'm really excited with the course, specially cause the final exam were clinical case so improve our capacity of diagnosis. I'm honored of doing this course and all the material was useful

By Oliver M

Jun 19, 2021

Excellent course, I learned and saw very interesting and important things for my professional development, such as improved translation advice or eloquence for greater understanding.

By BARAKA Y

Feb 3, 2017

By MARINA R M

Sep 3, 2020

El curso es muy completo, muy lúdico e indudablemente aporta grandes conocimientos en el ámbito de la parasitología. Altamente recomendable para aquellos interesados en el tema.

By ALEJANDRO Y V

Jan 7, 2018

Thank you so much, Duke University and Kilimanjaro University for giving me the possibility to learn from all of you. I really enjoyed the course. Kind regards from Spain!

By NTIRENGANYA E

May 16, 2020

Thank you for Coursera to open the courses for anyone in need.

I thank Coursera again for the financial aid provided to me to complete my Tropical disease courses.

By Mubashra S

May 22, 2020

I have learnt a lot through this course. I am really thankful to coursera for offering this course. This will help me a lot in my future research. Thankyou

By Sayde R

Jul 27, 2020

This was a challenging but extremely rewarding and well-presented course. I am very grateful for all the time and energy that was put into it. Thank you!

By Beatric S

Oct 5, 2020

i AM HAPPY I LEARNT ABOUT THE COURSE. The exercises of Quiz and Exams were good. Thank you Instructors for a well planned and delivered lecturer series.

By Jonatan J f n

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent course, you will be able to learn from people that are diagnosing and treating patients with the diseases presented in the lessons.

By jesus a

Jul 15, 2021

Un curso excelente, perfectamente complementado con videos de las zonas endémicas y casos clínicos expuestos por profesionales de la salud.

By Michael S

Jun 27, 2020

Through, well structured course, interesting viewpoints from East African biomedical researchers and physicians. Worth the time snd effort.