Back to Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course THREE! In the first two Modules you will gain a more professional-level understanding of the Design Elements that artists have used throughout history to create successful compositions. Arranging the Elements in ways that lead viewers through their compositions is an essential craft for photographers no matter whether their subject matter is pure documentary or vividly exotic personal expression. In Modules 3 & 4 we survey the essential elements of post-photography image management, using Adobe(tm) LIGHTROOM(tm). Image adjustment software designed for Smartphone photographers rounds out the Course. Since even photographers whose mainstay is a high-end DSLR also must admit to Smartphone use occasionally, and photographers who only use a Smartphone will usually admit that they want to step over to a "regular" camera at some point, there is something for everyone here! Let's get started with Module One!...

DW

Mar 09, 2020

Post production was something i wanted to get into, but haven't. This course allow me to explore with guidence.I love the challenges of the projects and the peer review to see what others imagine.

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

26 - 50 of 201 Reviews for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

By Avinash T

Dec 02, 2017

By Ignacio T A

Apr 08, 2018

I am really happy with the 3rd course. I enjoyed a lot playing with lightroom! I can understand now how people create many different pictures, and most importantly, I could create them too.

By crystal j l

Jul 25, 2016

This was a very interesting and eye opening course for me. So many great techniques I found of such value. Peter & Mark left me with a great feeling of confidence after taken this course

By Mawalle K H M D

Sep 24, 2020

This was very helpful. I am following photography as a hobby and had very little knowledge of post-processing of photographs let alone using an advanced processing tool like Light room.

By Karen W

Feb 01, 2019

This course provided outstanding foundational informaiton regaridng the use of various post-production software packages for both tranditional and smartphone cameras.

By Michael M

Jul 30, 2020

This course and the specialization have given me confidence that I can continue building my photography skills and possibly switch career paths in the future.

By Patricia P

Oct 06, 2020

I do liked this particular course because I got to learn a lot about photos post-processing software. The classes were very dynamic with good examples.

By Antonio C L

Nov 20, 2016

Thank you! I enjoy a lot with this course! And I learn photo composition and digital image post-production. Giving step to improve my skill. Thanks.

By Maritoni

May 09, 2017

I have learned so many important principles in composing photos. I have never imagined being able to see myself progress from course to course.

By Suryanarayana T V N B

Dec 03, 2017

The course is very good. But I need more exercises to practice. Or optionally Professors should suggest more exercises even if not for credit.

By Tomas R d A

Oct 12, 2019

The course has provided me with a deeper understanding and channelled these tools that are essential for the art of photography. Thanks!

By Justin U

Jan 29, 2020

Always used other editing software before this course. Learned much about how to use Lightroom, and now I don’t mind using it.

By Sheilah S

Jun 02, 2018

Interesting content presented well. Learned many new things and I like the quizzes as well as peer-review.

Highly recommend it.

By abd a a

Jun 30, 2020

Useful information we got, with fun and new experiences in every lesson. I would like to thank the teachers and the operators

By pritish b

Aug 19, 2017

It has been a really skill developing course.. I have learnt how to make my photographs more appealing & full of expression..

By Ali M M A

Aug 24, 2020

it is great course, just deliver all information smoothly to me and encourage me to deal with the camera in a proficient way

By Aleksandra V

Nov 06, 2017

I loved this course a lot but wish There was a task on photo-manipulation in Lightroom in it, but I get why there's wasn't.

By Rebecca T

Feb 02, 2017

I absolutely love everything that I am able to learn and gain from these courses and using them in everyday photography

By Jonathan H D A - @

Dec 20, 2019

Practical and clear, just great and well done, thought of the students and their parctica in the referring subjects.

By Enrico J

Jun 18, 2018

Very interesting and well presented course. I have learned a lot about composing photographies and post production.

By Jain J A

May 07, 2018

I loved the course. It gave a new perspective to me. I wish the image post processing session was more elaborative.

By Jannice P

Sep 26, 2019

Loved the class , the professors were great at explaining things. It great class to help you improve your skills.

By Jason F E

Jul 23, 2020

Another oustanding course from professors Glendinning and Sullivan. I'm looking forward to the next two courses!

By Harshit p S

May 30, 2019

The course teaches you the meaning of a well composed picture and the importance of post processing the pictures

By Chiraag M

Jun 29, 2020

World Class Course Lessons from Prof. Peter Glendinning & Prof. Mark S , Its been a great learning experience