Back to Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course THREE! In the first two Modules you will gain a more professional-level understanding of the Design Elements that artists have used throughout history to create successful compositions. Arranging the Elements in ways that lead viewers through their compositions is an essential craft for photographers no matter whether their subject matter is pure documentary or vividly exotic personal expression. In Modules 3 & 4 we survey the essential elements of post-photography image management, using Adobe(tm) LIGHTROOM(tm). Image adjustment software designed for Smartphone photographers rounds out the Course. Since even photographers whose mainstay is a high-end DSLR also must admit to Smartphone use occasionally, and photographers who only use a Smartphone will usually admit that they want to step over to a "regular" camera at some point, there is something for everyone here! Let's get started with Module One!...

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

CL

Jul 25, 2016

This was a very interesting and eye opening course for me. So many great techniques I found of such value. Peter & Mark left me with a great feeling of confidence after taken this course

51 - 75 of 125 Reviews for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

By sonam

Nov 03, 2016

Awesome, Loved the course

By elvis l

Feb 26, 2017

very good

By Dawn Z

Jun 23, 2016

Awesome...I have no other words, the course has gotten better as it has gone on and I didn't think that was possible. The professor's and Coursera's staff took consideration into the learners opinions and made the necessary changes that have refined this course to the maximum.

By Julie I R

May 06, 2016

Estoy muy satisfecha con el curso de composition. Hasta éste momento he aprendido conceptos muy importantes que me han ayudado a entender mejor cómo darle sentido a mis fotos, llenarlas de contenido y belleza. Agradezco a los profesores Peter y Mark por compartir sus conocimientos con nosotros. Muchas felicidades!

By Olena N

Aug 14, 2017

I love it

By Ishaan T

Aug 22, 2017

Highly recommend, great knowledge

By Sheilah S

Jun 02, 2018

Interesting content presented well. Learned many new things and I like the quizzes as well as peer-review.

Highly recommend it.

By Alexandra L

Jun 05, 2017

Thanks Professors Peter and Mark for helping me "making" not just taking photos :)

By Jayrome N

Nov 04, 2016

I learned a lot from this course!

By Avinash T

Dec 02, 2017

By Raluca B

Jan 09, 2017

Nice course, very informative

By Anna c

Jan 28, 2017

Excellent, i wish id known about it before i did and open university course in the uk at the same cost which is why i only did the audit on this one. this was much much better and went into detail so much better. Im waiting to start a journalism speciality which is why im auditing some of the others in this series in the meantime.

By Sana I

Oct 03, 2017

enjoyed making pictures during this course.

By Alejandro F A

Feb 04, 2017

it was excellent! To me was very complete and the explanations of the tutors were very easy to follow

By Chirag P

Dec 17, 2017

Good course for basic photo editing..!

By Emilio J M V

Jul 19, 2017

muy bueno pero tendria que ser menos teoria y mas practica

By Joe S

Nov 09, 2017

Awesome learning experience

By Neil B

Apr 01, 2017

This session represented a continuation of what for me has been an very fine series of photography lessons. Professors Glendinning and Sullivan are excellent, and I would go so far as to so Professor Glendinning is outstanding, at presenting the technical and creative aspects of photography, and though I still have an incredibly long way to go before I consider myself either technically or artistically proficient, I believe I have learned so much in these first months that I now truly know what it is to make a photograph rather than to simply take a picture.

By Adler J

Nov 06, 2017

I really enjoy learning with both professors, it is a delight, I was a perfect neophyte, today, I can say, I have no fear of the camera and I also understand the mechanism related to shooting decent elements. I can't wait to complete this third month...

By soledad b

Sep 10, 2017

Fantastic course, learning about Apps for editing, collage, layers and creative compositions! Loving it!!

Thanks coursera for this amazing opportunity, thanks to professors Glendinning and Sullivan :)

By Suryanarayana T V N B

Dec 03, 2017

The course is very good. But I need more exercises to practice. Or optionally Professors should suggest more exercises even if not for credit.

By Nancy L Y L

Nov 28, 2016

This course has good motivation and challenging. Before taking this course, I do not know much about photography and always refuse to hold a camera. The knowledge I have gained from this course has changed my way of taking photo.

By Chantelle E

Jun 09, 2016

I am sad to be coming to the end of this specialization. I have learned so much and don't want it to end.

By Jacinta M