Back to Photography Capstone Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Photography Capstone Project by Michigan State University

The Capstone Project is your opportunity to take advantage of the knowledge you have gained through our journey in learning about photography, to develop a meaningful project of 10 well formed photographs based in your passion for artistic expression, or a subject for documentary exploration, insightful portraiture, imaging for work-related subjects, or some other aspect of photography. We are confident that it will be a project that you will be excited to share with fellow Learners, and with Professors Peter Glendinning and Mark Sullivan too! A unique feature of this Course is the individual review and responsive input you will receive directly from Peter or Mark, who will be viewing your pictures and making evaluations of all projects at the end of the Capstone. You should plan on spending more time on this Course per week than any other in this Specialization, and much of it will be in making photographs. During the entire period of development, you and your fellow learners will be supporting each other as you work independently, by sharing your work-in-progress from the initial Project Plan to the final Portfolio. At each stage, all Learners will share comments and suggestions with each other, helping each other to gauge progress and to learn about different approaches to photography and content. By expressing your own ideas and expectations about quality in response to the work of others, you will be forming your own criteria of excellence as well. Along the way there will be multiple opportunities for sharing pictures and ideas through carefully designed Peer Review. This sharing of photographs and comments with peers, and reflecting on their comments about your photos, will be an exciting learning experience that will help you grow in understanding your own photography and that of others. Your contribution of comments to fellow Learners will not only help them understand their photographs better, but it will give you an opportunity to use the vocabulary of terms that are related to techniques, design principles, and content approaches that you have learned through your success in each of the previous Modules. A unique aspect of this Specialization is that everyone who completes the requirements will receive, in addition to their Certificate of Specialization from Michigan State University, access to substantial discounts on equipment, accessories, and membership benefits through Industry Partners from among the premier manufacturers of photography equipment and related items: Fracture, Gary Fong, Gyst, Lensbaby, LensPen, Lume Cube Lighting, Photo District News, PhotoVideoEdu, Think Tank Cases/Bags. In addition, The 'top-10' peer-reviewed Capstone projects each year will be awarded the opportunity for individual reviews, with personal responses, by world renowned photographers who have been honored with the title of Canson-Infinity® Paper Ambassadors....

JE
Oct 7, 2020

It's hard to believe how far I've come as a photographer in such a short time. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to DSLR photography! Thanks for an incredible educational opportunity.

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

51 - 75 of 133 Reviews for Photography Capstone Project

By Nancy L

Mar 7, 2017

This course has full of motivation and beneficial and practical knowledge toward Photography. I believe people who take this course will have an enjoyable and emotional feeling during the journey of this course.

By Maria F H F

Sep 19, 2019

I loved this course, it helped me a lot in a time of personal difficulties, and also be aware of the moment I am living. How to make the photograph and show what I am feeling and tell a story at the same time.

May 26, 2017

Excellent course all-round! Learnt so much right through the first four courses and the Capstone to cap it all! Many thanks to our excellent course tutors and my colleagues on this particular Capstone course.

By Solveig O

Sep 18, 2016

Building a final collection was challenging but this process made it easier and kept it exciting. I got so much valuable feedback from my peers throughout the 8 weeks, it really taught me a lot. Thank you!

By Jason F E

Oct 8, 2020

By Amy E H

Oct 2, 2020

Excellent course. Excited to have completed course. Enjoyed the course so much, I actually wish it was not over. In-depth instruction and hands-on experience gained through weekly assignments.

By Sagrado C M

Dec 12, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course. I'm thankful that I finished the the course and it gives me another useful learning that I'm sure I can be able to use in my career.

By Rylan H

Jun 29, 2020

Amazing course. The teachers are not only fantastic, they push you out of your comfort zones and make you take approaches that you have never thought of before.

By Denise C

Aug 15, 2018

I learned so much since taking the course. Not just about operating a camera but the whole art of photography. The instructors were very friendly and likable.

By Freddy G

Aug 13, 2020

Absolutely the most amazing photography course available! I loved every minute of it and my very competent in my skillset. Thank you so much for this course.

By Michael M

Jul 29, 2020

This course and the specialization have given me confidence that I can continue building my photography skills and possibly switch career paths in the future.

By Eiko S

Mar 31, 2019

Thank you for letting me have the very important opportunity to lean the photography. I learnt a lot about the photography and how to take and make photos.

By Renata V G D R

Feb 23, 2021

Videos and readings are great. I just wish all taking the course took the time to do their part in the peer reviews. But I definitely recommend it!

By Christoph L

Aug 31, 2020

An excellent photography course that teaches not only the skill of capturing artful and impression-leaving images but also the critique thereof.

By Bruce E

Oct 23, 2018

I learned a great deal about photography during the five courses I took in this specialty, but more importantly I learned how to see.

By syedshah1314

Dec 3, 2016

Best course for me in Coursera. The way this course has been designed to take you through the creative development cycle is laudable.

By Qamar A A

Oct 17, 2018

It's very special course and big deal for your future of photography. I have learnt a lot . my best teacher is Professor Peter.

By Anchit T

Aug 12, 2020

Very helpful for me to grow in the area of photography. I entered int different world. I am grateful for this course thank you.

By Doyle B

Oct 11, 2020

Excellent course, with great learning resources. The Capstone course is a step change from the other courses in the series

By Pako M

Jan 5, 2021

Wonderful course that helps put your skills to practice for more growth in your work and also gives focus in your work.

By Bhaskar G

It was my best course on this platform.i thoroughly enjoyed the whole specialization.Love and respect for my teachers.

By EDSON M V C

Sep 13, 2020

Excelente, especialización. gracias por el cariño, entrega, y profesionalismo entregados dentro de nuestra formación.

By George H

Jun 21, 2019

Great test of your knowledge and with the forums you can gain many insights into developing this skill and art form.

By Christopher M

Oct 18, 2016

This was a fantastic journey. Learned new things, reinforced old skills, engaged with many other talented amateurs.

By Shamily K

Feb 19, 2019

Really liked ur teaching.. Is there any upgrading course in the same medium i want study..