Back to Seeing Through Photographs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Seeing Through Photographs by The Museum of Modern Art

Although taking, sharing, and viewing photographs has become second nature for many of us, our regular engagement with images does not necessarily make us visually literate. This course aims to address the gap between seeing and truly understanding photographs by introducing a diversity of ideas, approaches, and technologies that inform their making. In this course you will look closely at photographs from the collection of The Museum of Modern Art and hear a variety of perspectives on what a photograph is and the ways that photography has been used throughout its nearly 180 year history: as a means of artistic expression, as a tool for science and exploration; as an instrument of documentation; to tell stories and record histories; and as a mode of communication and critique in our ever increasingly visual culture. Learning Objectives • Develop skills to better examine and understand the differences between photographs and photographic images. • Discover how context influences the production, circulation, and reception of photographic images. • Learn about different modes of artistic and technological experimentation and innovation in photography. • Investigate photography’s role in our increasingly visual culture....

AQ

Mar 09, 2016

Seeing Through Photographs has given me a whole new way of looking at my own and other peoples' work. So many aspects, details and points of view, the world of photography now seems even more amazing.

TK

Coursera gives me a platform to explore new skills. I was able to experience education from world-renowned universities without losing out on career opportunities.\n\n- Thaneshwary kirupanantharasa -

451 - 475 of 911 Reviews for Seeing Through Photographs

By mandy B e

Mar 31, 2020

I mandy evans of Cave, City Arkansas love and have learn a lot in this class.

By Alisa I

Jul 12, 2019

I learned a lot about the history of photography. Really useful for art curators.

By Lionel J P

Feb 07, 2018

Comprehensive material, intelligently presented and interesting! I learned a lot.

By Elio B S

May 15, 2020

The most inspiring learning experience i ever had online. Was totally a pleasure

By Gustavo S

Sep 25, 2019

Muy recomendado para contextualizar los conceptos históricos sobre la fotografía

By Panferova E V

Sep 17, 2019

interesting course, and I learned a lot of new information and new photographers

By maria p f c

Mar 06, 2018

I really love this course. I appreciate all the new perspectives thath gives me.

By Brent S

Jun 19, 2016

Excellent course! The quizzes are a bit too hard, but the material is fantastic.

By Rebecca G

May 03, 2016

Interesting subject matter, and important regarding art and history and culture.

By David H

Jun 29, 2020

Curso muy interesante y que te da un nuevo enfoque en el mundo de la fotografía

By Jordan M

Jun 08, 2020

I learned a lot during this cours, I won't look the photographs as before now.

By Breddy J G

Mar 22, 2020

excelente curso, gracias a la prof, y el contenido, gracias por la oportunidad

By claudio P

Jun 24, 2020

Objective, accessible, democratic and with great content, format and quality.

By Priyanka

Jun 08, 2020

'Seeing through photographs' opened up a whole new world through a fresh lens

By Annika S

Jun 21, 2017

Gave me a greater appreciation, understanding, and foundation of photography.

By Pavlos F

Mar 09, 2016

Τhe training course I was attended was excellent. Waitting for the next one.

By willem h

Jun 19, 2020

Week 06 of the course opened my eyes - never seen photography in that sense.

By Antigoni K

Amazing material, great information sources, really helpful and eye opening!

By Anke W

Apr 23, 2020

A very multi-faceted, varied, and interesting course. Loved every part of it

By Jaume B

Mar 31, 2020

Very interesting course if you want to get deeper on what is the photography

By Oren N

Nov 26, 2019

Very interesting course, lots of useful information and articles. Well made.

By MARIA V T

Jun 26, 2017

Completo, profesional, artístico, humano, totalmente encantada con el curso.

By Howard R

Jul 02, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this trip through several genres of modern photography.

By Ileana Q

Apr 18, 2016

Learned a lot I have a new appreciation for photography and it´s techniques.

By Daniel E

Jul 03, 2020

Excellent course, very helpful, good didactic materials and nice experience