Back to Supply Chain Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Planning by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how companies know how much to produce in advance so that they do not make too much or too little? Matching supply and demand requires planning. This course introduces you to the exciting area of supply chain planning. Part of a broader specialization on Supply Chain Management, you will master different forecasting techniques, essential for building a Sales and Operations Plan. At the completion of this course you will have the tools and techniques to analyze demand data, construct different forecasting techniques, and choose the most suitable one for projecting future demand....

JH

Mar 21, 2017

Great course: concepts well explained, thought-provoking assignments that applies concepts, broaden exposure to the topic itself as well as how it connects to the other components of Supply Chain.

MS

Dec 16, 2016

I extend my thanks to all of the shares in our construction out of this session, learn and thanks go to coursera site, which allowed us to this effort, which is not privy that we shall return

1 - 25 of 141 Reviews for Supply Chain Planning

By Bryan D

May 06, 2019

I was in the full specialization; the first 2 were fine. This, on the other hand, was painful.

There are a number of technical issues that are ignored. It's a black hole for feedback.

As someone noted, the practical exercises with spreadsheets are poorly explained. Rounding integers is a bizarre adventure. You have to be precisely right or wrong; and right is often not QA'd to even make sense. This isn't hard material, but the absurd emphasis on this transactional nonsense in the assignment is just bizarre.

Poorly done. Non-engaging. No quality assurance on the quizzes.

Coursera has top shelf content, like the Negociations course. This is nowhere near in quality, and seems like poor value for money and a frustration to boot.

By Juan J

Sep 27, 2018

Quiz 2 is giving problems to a lot of people and nothing is done about it. i

By emilio r a

Mar 07, 2017

I was enrolled in the full specialisation and things went great for the 2 first courses i did, which were mostly peer-review-based (logistics & sourcing).

With this one i gave up feeling really unassisted and unable to get answers to my feedback requests. no feedback is provided when you ask something in the forums, ever.

When you flag a milestone because of technical issues you won't be ever answered (even when you upload screenshots as proof).

The practical exercises with spreadsheets are poorly explained and even contradicted, especially as far as cutting and/or rounding integers are concerned. this is something that can prove 'costly' when doing the quizzes I failed all the questions of all the quizzes for all the attempts I tried. I'm not sure if this is coursera's fault or rutgers' but i don't think i will take ever another course (paying) here in coursera with these kind of calculation quizzes, it's a waste of time.

I can't imagine how a mathematical or programming course must be with this poor approach of assessing the results. I suppose I will be censored if I explicitly mention similar sites to coursera but these kind of tests and quizzes are much more better addressed.

In a nutshell, I subscribed to the full specialisation paying 45 EUR per month, the first month I was able to certificate myself with the 2 first I did ( logistics & sourcing), this second month (planning & operations) that has just started I gave up, so my final outcome is 2 certificates for 45 EUR each one.

Tolerable but you'll never get me here again.

By shubhangi P M

Jan 17, 2019

This course very useful for me and I had gain knowledge of Supply chain and best forecasting technique

By Bassam A W

Jan 31, 2019

Very useful and practical.

By Mohammad S A

Feb 01, 2019

I learned much about forecasting. However, I am still encountering some issues due to lack of experience in the field comparing to some people who had experience.

By Luis R K

Feb 04, 2019

Excellent !

By Kairm S

Mar 16, 2019

this was an excellent course. it helps me learned basics of forecast and sales and operations planning.

By Matthew P

Dec 22, 2018

Great course focusing on the necessary formulas used to both calculate and verify the accuracy of various forecasting methods.

By stella x

Dec 09, 2018

Great course for beginners.

By Mayank S

Dec 08, 2018

By Anh T N

Apr 01, 2019

good

By Nicolas P

Apr 02, 2019

Awesome course, was able to get learn forecasting methods that I can apply immediately.

By Kevin E G G

Apr 09, 2019

Excelente curso

By Abdoul R Y

Feb 19, 2019

a very useful, interactive and interesting course

By Rajaramkumar.T

Feb 20, 2019

awesome learning

By Kinjal R

Dec 28, 2018

Excel practice and

By Adderly A

Apr 12, 2019

Great course. I really learned a lot in this course.

By Savdeep S G

Jul 17, 2018

Loved It, gave me alot of Practical Knowledge

By Prateek J

Mar 28, 2018

Excellent course content and delivery by the trainer! His enthusiasm is infectious!

By Joao F

Jan 10, 2017

Very interesting course, gave me an overview on how planning works.

By German D P C

Apr 10, 2017

Very good to give a basic understanding of what planning is.

By NOORUDDIN T

May 24, 2017

First of all i would like to thank Coursera for introducing this very meaningful course on supply chain planning.

The course was all about predict (Forecast) , project, and estimate future demand. It is amazing to know there are many forecasting methods available from Naive to most sophisticated exponential smoothing where we can narrow down the errors by adjusting the value of Alpha. It was all new for me and i enjoyed the course. It will be injustice on my part if i don't take this opportunity to thank Mr. Rudolf Leuschner, who taught this course in a very simple manner to enable me to understand. I am really grateful to the teacher, and looking forward to complete next two courses and earn my Supply Chain specialization. A big thank you to Coursera.

By HAYME R

Mar 04, 2018

Very interesting

By Darshan K

Jun 21, 2017

Course helps you to draw attention towards the forecasting the demand that is predicted of certain product.