Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

251 - 275 of 695 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Kaveri N

Feb 16, 2018

very knowledgeable instructors.. In depth information on the course.. Versions from depression survivors an eye opener.. Great course

By Rahul M

Jun 12, 2020

As i was in the way of anxiety trigger, glad i choose this course helped me to understand fully a person struggle during hard times.

By Prince

Sep 30, 2020

What a nice opportunity that we getting free learn is something big to me thank you now will be able to apply all what I've learn .

By Roselle J

Jan 5, 2021

I truly enjoyed this course. I learned so many fascinating things about mental health and it answered so many questions that I had

By Brianne W

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent, excellent course. Loved the variety of lectures, peer graded assignments, readings, and personal experience interviews.

By saima a

Mar 18, 2020

I am so glad after complete this course.very informative and intresting.l ill definitely do more courses in future.thanks coursera

By Julieta N R

Sep 19, 2020

Me pareció muy informativo, y que me a ayudado en mi vida, a comprender mejor como se puede sentir las personas y como ayudarlos.

By Valery C L N

Aug 14, 2020

for the assignments, instructions where a littleconfusing. Overall, i liked the course and topics, very interesting ans didactive

By Heiyam K D

Jun 18, 2020

This course style of giving reading material and video lecture is very helpful to me and very effective in gaining my knowledge.

By KRUPA K

Apr 26, 2020

i have enjoyed alot pursuing this course . I have learnt alot from this course. It also gave me a perspective of my future goals!

By Lucia S

Dec 17, 2020

Excelente curso. Lo recomiendo. Dá una óptica diferente sobre los trastornos mentales y diferentes formas para poder superarlos.

By SNEKA P

Jul 31, 2020

This course helped me to learn more about mental health and its importance in every perspect. I really enjoyed doing this cpurce

By Jeelu S B

This was a great learning experience. all the study material, AV aids were all simple to understand and convey the aspects well.

By Abhay K V

Aug 17, 2020

It was a very interesting course with lots of news things to learn. The structure and presentation of the course was excellent.

By Kezia P

Jun 24, 2020

I loved how informative this course was. The professors were also very good the reading material was really helpful. Thank you!

By KRUSCH P A

Jun 15, 2020

Truly one of the best course in Positive Psychiatry available....and great efforts by the University of Sydney....and teachers.

By SHANMUGA P A

Jul 25, 2020

The course was wonderful and valuable. All the instructors did a commendable job. Thanks to Coursera and University of Sydney.

By Erandhi R

Jul 13, 2020

I started to do this course during the lockdown. These video lectures and readings are really interesting. I loved the course.

By Dinesh

Apr 23, 2020

This course is awesome and give some picture to start my life without stress. It gives hope to cope with my all mental illness

By Ghayas Z

Sep 2, 2019

Fantastic course! You will learn things that are very important for daily life but are rarely taught, with scientific backing!

By Athina E

Jan 15, 2021

I LOVED THAT COURSE. I ADOPT A DEEP UNDERSTANDING IN POSSITIVE PHYCHIATRY AND A LOT OF TOOL THAT ARE VERY USEFUL TO WORK WITH

By Shlok R S

Jul 17, 2019

This was an amazing course as I understood the concepts well. They seemed very interesting and it completely changed my mind.

By ramanathan r

Dec 19, 2020

As a health care professional it’s very useful for all human beings.very much practical approach to health care professional

By Gloria G G

Aug 6, 2020

Excelente curso, una estructura clara, pedagogica y facil de avanzar en el conocimiento de nuestro bienestar y salud mental.