Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

351 - 375 of 668 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Kosha G

May 14, 2018

great start for anyone wanting to learn about mental illnesses from the very roots.

By Alexandria P

It is helpful and gives very good resources that can help you in your own recovery

By Marissa Y H

Feb 7, 2020

Awesome course and I've learned a lot about positive mental health and psychiatry.

By Dayana A L c

Jun 17, 2020

Excelente curso me fascina su contenido sus conferencias todo lo recomiendo mucho

By Chaitanya K

Oct 8, 2020

Great course..Enjoyed a lot with best experience. Thank you so much to everyone.

By Lilian M T C

Aug 27, 2020

Excelente curso, muy muy diverso, me encantó, aprendí y aclaré muchos conceptos.

By Assel B

May 13, 2020

One of the best courses on mental health.! Definitely recommend it to everybody.

By Claire D

Apr 14, 2020

Learned a lot of new skills and knowledge that I can apply in the working field!

By Jekaterina

Jul 8, 2019

I found this course interesting and learned a lot of this subject. Thank you. ;)

By Jizeh R L E

Sep 19, 2020

Great MOOC to start learning about the field of mental health. Great experience

By Egon W

Jan 25, 2019

All in all a very good course giving a good overview about positive Psychiatry.

By ORLANDO A T A

Dec 9, 2020

Excelente curso tanto por su profesorado como por sus contenidos y estructura,

By Tábatha N C B

Oct 25, 2020

This is a good course with different resources that can help in your learning.

By Dr S K

Oct 8, 2020

An eye opening course. Very helpful. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you.

By Imogen T

Dec 1, 2020

helpful with my a levels, had plenty of time to do this and study for school.

By series p

Nov 10, 2020

good to learn about ourselves and to learn how to manage with hard situations

By Yaqeen S

Dec 25, 2018

Great course, wonderful content and lovely teachers. Enjoyed every bit of it.

By Jorim H

Dec 21, 2018

Very good course. They combine evidence and practices from different fields.

By Jacqueline M

Dec 26, 2020

Many life areas are discussed which really needed to positive mental health

By salma w

Aug 3, 2019

A very useful course for a more thriving mental health. Highly recommended.

By Carla z l

May 15, 2020

de muy buen nivel técnico y científico , entrega conocimientos variados .

By Anil K Y

Sep 27, 2020

Exceptionally top grade course on mental health.. I recommend it for all.

By RAVI P B

Sep 20, 2020

This Course have given me How to live life Peaceful and tackle Hard time.

By PAULO V C M

Jul 29, 2020

That course is really good for people who is searching for this knowledge

By Ashish P

May 3, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to learn about this course. I learnt a lot.