Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

601 - 625 of 829 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By subhadeep B

Aug 12, 2019

I really enjoyed the course.

By Sadia G

Dec 12, 2020

Best ever learning material

By Victoria S Y S S

Sep 15, 2020

Muy completo e interesante!

By WILLIAM A L R

Jun 1, 2020

Great course. Thanks a lot!

By Alaa C

Nov 19, 2020

it was a amazing course :)

By Divya S

Nov 1, 2020

EXCELLENT COURSE MATERIALS

By Sakib H 1

Sep 30, 2020

I LEARN A LOT....THANK YOU

By Sandra L

Jul 20, 2020

Muy claro y enriquecedor.

By Agastya K

Aug 17, 2019

This course is phenomenal.

By Laura e g q

Mar 25, 2019

muy bueno ¡. Lo recomiendo

By Bibi s K

Oct 10, 2020

Its was very informative.

By Valeria G R O

Sep 15, 2020

Really interesting course

By Amarjeet K

Sep 10, 2020

It was a nice experience.

By FRANK A