Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

601 - 625 of 660 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Preeti A

Oct 27, 2020

I love learning and I really enjoyed doing the course with Coursera. The knowledge I gained is very useful for my current profession and Iam so glad I did well in the program.

By hari p

Oct 15, 2020

Great course material and enjoyed my learning in the subject. It has beautifully elaborated the importance of mental health and understanding its scenario. Thank you Coursera.

By Ambalika S

Sep 14, 2020

meaningful with concise but up to mark explanations.Do suggest some more certificate courses in Psychotherapies.Also would like to know when i would get certificateQuite

By Sarah Y

Jul 12, 2020

this course has been very helpful to me. its good if you want to learn about mental health and some easy and good ways to keep your mental health in a better state.

By Sinisa K

Jul 24, 2020

Only thing thats weird about this is course is blatant robotic reading by most of the teachers... othervise its a very useful and all round topic covered course

By Cristina S S

Oct 30, 2020

Completed! I took so much time and I almost gave up but it is done!

Very complete, good examples, easy language, got my attention and was a learning process.

By Andrew R

Apr 27, 2020

a really worthwhile course as an introduction into the many aspects of mental health. Great insight from a plethora of industry experts.

By Indianna M B

Apr 10, 2020

Lots of information. Was able to learn a lot from this. Sometimes when making notes i didn't know what to write as they said a lot.

By Carlos M G

Aug 20, 2020

Creo que tendría que haber más contenido preparado, tipo presentación, vídeos más gráficos, etc. no siempre una persona hablando.

By Alejandra I R C

Jul 9, 2020

This was a really good course but I think that emphasizes so much about Australia instead of talk about the world in general.

By S S

Aug 22, 2020

I felt like this course was an incredibly useful tool for beginners who have no basic knowledge of mental health issues!

By Erica C

Apr 15, 2018

Indept and a wonderful base toward undertanding basic concepts integral to holistic functions at various stages in life.

By Annabel G

Nov 15, 2020

Great course, insightful and holistic however was intense and would be better if spread across 7-10 weeks.

By Macy T

Apr 22, 2020

I knew some of the course prior, and it was pretty simple, but it was still really educational and fun!

By Daniela P F

Sep 18, 2020

Tiene buenos recursos, buenos expositores, sólo no estoy de acuerdo con ser evaluada con resúmenes.

By Tofunmi O

May 1, 2020

Really informative course that gives practical tips on how to improve your mental health

By SARBAGAYA P B ( i C

Aug 24, 2020

Best Course to know about mental health and how to be positive in every aspect of life.

By Louis A K H T

Oct 14, 2019

The course is easy to understand and the assignments are not too difficult to complete.

By Arvind S D

Jun 17, 2020

First i think it's difficult but experts made it easy to understand, thanks to You.

By PRATIBHA r

Jun 30, 2020

very well designed course,will be helpful to balance you and people around you

By Sailesh S

Jun 22, 2019

This course really change my ability to make decision and my thinking .

By Roberto A G L

Sep 20, 2020

Very helpful to know the basics of mental illness and mental health.

By Rob A

Excellent course with a good range of presenters and case studies